Community Discussions and Support
Is anyone reading this? Client cant read my emails!

Quite strange that posts of twelve years ago arrive as posted today...[*-)]

Quite strange that posts of twelve years ago arrive as posted today...[*-)]

-- Euler

Pegasus Mail 4.81.1154 Windows 7 Ultimate
IERenderer: 2.7.1.5 AttachMenu: 1.0.1.2
PMDebug: 2.5.8.34 BearHTML 4.9.9.6

I have a client who is saying this, and this is not the first time with Pegasus! What is going on??? I'm sending emails without html ( "rich text?" ) but WITH the > marks:

Melissa, It is impossible to read your emails.... This is quite frustrating because I cannot be spending

this much time trying to read your emails.  The responses on

the thread DO NOT APPEAR IN ORDER, and there is so much garbage

characters added, that I find myself re-reading multiple

times. 

Is this because the person is using Outlook? If someone uses outlook, can they not read Pegasus?

<p>I have a client who is saying this, and this is not the first time with Pegasus! What is going on??? I'm sending emails without html ( "rich text?" ) but WITH the > marks:</p><p>Melissa, It is impossible to read your emails.... This is quite frustrating because I cannot be spending this much time trying to read your emails.  The responses on the thread DO NOT APPEAR IN ORDER, and there is so much garbage characters added, that I find myself re-reading multiple times. </p><p> </p><p>Is this because the person is using Outlook? If someone uses outlook, can they not read Pegasus?</p><p> </p><p> </p>

Yes, Outlook users can read email created by Pegasus Mail.

Your post references using ">" marks and contains a comment about threads which indicates an issue with the formatting of replies.  Hopefully you are using the "Reply with options" function and finding the options that produce the best formatting for each reply. 

<p>Yes, Outlook users can read email created by Pegasus Mail. </p><p>Your post references using ">" marks and contains a comment about threads which indicates an issue with the formatting of replies.  Hopefully you are using the "Reply with options" function and finding the options that produce the best formatting for each reply.  </p><p> </p>

[quote user="Brian Fluet"]

Yes, Outlook users can read email created by Pegasus Mail.

Your post references using ">" marks and contains a comment about threads which indicates an issue with the formatting of replies.  Hopefully you are using the "Reply with options" function and finding the options that produce the best formatting for each reply. 

[/quote]

I would have no idea what the ideal options would be, for each person who might be reading it. I just include the text of the original and prefix it with the > quote back marks. But it seems that some Millennials arent familiar with them, and freak out at them. But I really don't know of a better way to keep it sanely organized in a reply, and not get it confused, when quoting their message. 

[quote user="Brian Fluet"]<p>Yes, Outlook users can read email created by Pegasus Mail. </p><p>Your post references using ">" marks and contains a comment about threads which indicates an issue with the formatting of replies.  Hopefully you are using the "Reply with options" function and finding the options that produce the best formatting for each reply.  </p><p><span style="font-size: 10pt;">[/quote]</span></p><p>I would have no idea what the ideal options would be, for each person who might be reading it. I just include the text of the original and prefix it with the > quote back marks. But it seems that some Millennials arent familiar with them, and freak out at them. But I really don't know of a better way to keep it sanely organized in a reply, and not get it confused, when quoting their message.<span style="font-size: 10pt;"> </span></p>

Could it be that ">" characters in your replies appear in the middle of lines instead of all left justified or that the line wrapping of the included content results in it being difficult to read?

<p>Could it be that ">" characters in your replies appear in the middle of lines instead of all left justified or that the line wrapping of the included content results in it being difficult to read? </p>

[quote user="Brian Fluet"]

Could it be that ">" characters in your replies appear in the middle of lines instead of all left justified or that the line wrapping of the included content results in it being difficult to read?

[/quote]

How would I know? 

I have an Outlook account, but have never used it, and don't even think it's associated with any of my current two owned domain email accounts. 

[quote user="Brian Fluet"]<p>Could it be that ">" characters in your replies appear in the middle of lines instead of all left justified or that the line wrapping of the included content results in it being difficult to read? </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>How would I know? </p><p> </p><p>I have an Outlook account, but have never used it, and don't even think it's associated with any of my current two owned domain email accounts. </p>

[quote user="Melissa2011B"][quote user="Brian Fluet"]Could it be that ">" characters in your replies appear in the middle of lines instead of all left justified or that the line wrapping of the included content results in it being difficult to read?[/quote]

How would I know? 

[/quote]

You would see it in the body of the reply before sending.

[quote user="Melissa2011B"][quote user="Brian Fluet"]Could it be that ">" characters in your replies appear in the middle of lines instead of all left justified or that the line wrapping of the included content results in it being difficult to read?[/quote] <p>How would I know? </p><p>[/quote]</p><p>You would see it in the body of the reply before sending. </p>

If you are in plain text mode, I would suggest you use a simple tab key at the beginning of each line that you have embedded from the original message. You could update the char in pmail.ini to change the > to a tab character. Or place the cursor at the beginning of the lines and use the editor tool "Indent right" which will have the same effect.

BTW It would be appreciated if you could obtain a screenshot from the user to obtain an idea of what they are seeing, and forward it to use.

Martin

<p>If you are in plain text mode, I would suggest you use a simple tab key at the beginning of each line that you have embedded from the original message. You could update the char in pmail.ini to change the > to a tab character. Or place the cursor at the beginning of the lines and use the editor tool "Indent right" which will have the same effect.</p><p>BTW It would be appreciated if you could obtain a screenshot from the user to obtain an idea of what they are seeing, and forward it to use. </p><p>Martin </p>

Add an extra blank line between sectionds you are qouting and your reply, "sometimes" other clients wrap your line into the section you are qouting

Add an extra blank line between sectionds you are qouting and your reply, "sometimes" other clients wrap your line into the section you are qouting

I have found that using the "rich text" option (even though I'm only sending text) often alleviates issues with recipients email clients that are expecting "html-formatted" messages.

My reply options are all checked, and reformat long lines is checked.

Then, I edit (if necessary) anything in the reply before sending (e.g. copy text snippets from the replied-to message into the body of my message and respond to that segment, for example, repeat as necessary)

I will also remove quoted replies of previously quoted replies as those often get all mungled up after repeated quotes and requotes. If there's something in a distant past message essential to the current message I'll preserve it as a snippet and delete the rest. And adding a couple blank lines between each "snippet" helps to preserve sanity.

Anything they can't deal with then is a subject of their own neurosis.. 

<p>I have found that using the "rich text" option (even though I'm only sending text) often alleviates issues with recipients email clients that are expecting "html-formatted" messages.</p><p>My reply options are all checked, and reformat long lines is checked. </p><p>Then, I edit (if necessary) anything in the reply before sending (e.g. copy text snippets from the replied-to message into the body of my message and respond to that segment, for example, repeat as necessary) </p><p>I will also remove quoted replies of previously quoted replies as those often get all mungled up after repeated quotes and requotes. If there's something in a distant past message essential to the current message I'll preserve it as a snippet and delete the rest. And adding a couple blank lines between each "snippet" helps to preserve sanity. </p><p> Anything they can't deal with then is a subject of their own neurosis..  </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft