Community Discussions and Support
Update to 4.8 Can't Open Emails

Just updated to 4.80. It crashes when I try to open an email. Had to go back to 4.73. Now it's working normally. Should I wait until 4.81?

Solane

Just updated to 4.80. It crashes when I try to open an email. Had to go back to 4.73. Now it's working normally. Should I wait until 4.81? Solane

The only crash issue that has been mentioned so far is associated with using Bearhtml as the HTML renderer and using the mouse scroll wheel while viewing HTML content. The newly released version of IERenderer should fix this problem.

More information would be needed about your crashes in order for us to help with that. As for waiting for v4.81, I suspect that we will see it soon so I would wait if I were you.

The only crash issue that has been mentioned so far is associated with using Bearhtml as the HTML renderer and using the mouse scroll wheel while viewing HTML content. The newly released version of IERenderer should fix this problem. More information would be needed about your crashes in order for us to help with that. As for waiting for v4.81, I suspect that we will see it soon so I would wait if I were you.

That was exactly it! I hadn't noticed that I was receiving in html and when I used the scroll wheel it crashed. Just installed the Renderer update and everything seems fine.
Thanks for your help Brian.
Solane

That was exactly it! I hadn't noticed that I was receiving in html and when I used the scroll wheel it crashed. Just installed the Renderer update and everything seems fine. Thanks for your help Brian. Solane

Updated my W10 Home machine. I can't read more than one email before it crashes. I had high hopes.

Reverted to 4.73 .

Clutch

I've been using pmail since before I had a Netware 2.15c network.

Updated my W10 Home machine. I can't read more than one email before it crashes. I had high hopes. Reverted to 4.73 . Clutch I've been using pmail since before I had a Netware 2.15c network.
edited Mar 15 '22 at 9:08 pm

Have you updated IERenderer? There is a known crash issue with the version packaged with v4.80. It associated with the use of a mouse scroll wheel.

Also, v4.80 has a bug in the spellchecker. It will delete all user saved words each time it is used. The workaround is to mark the file USRDICT5.PMD as read-only until the bug is fixed. That file is located in your mailbox directory. If you have already used the spellchecker you can recover USRDICT5.PMD from a backup and mark it read-only.

Have you updated IERenderer? There is a known crash issue with the version packaged with v4.80. It associated with the use of a mouse scroll wheel. Also, v4.80 has a bug in the spellchecker. It will delete all user saved words each time it is used. The workaround is to mark the file USRDICT5.PMD as read-only until the bug is fixed. That file is located in your mailbox directory. If you have already used the spellchecker you can recover USRDICT5.PMD from a backup and mark it read-only.

I've updated the renderer now. Must explain why 4.73 was wonky after I reverted. Thank you for the helpful info.

Clutch

I've updated the renderer now. Must explain why 4.73 was wonky after I reverted. Thank you for the helpful info. Clutch

Updated again to 4.8, it is working fine for me. I didn't know that the IERenderer was updated separately. That might have fixed past issues with 4.73.

Thanks again,

Clutch

Updated again to 4.8, it is working fine for me. I didn't know that the IERenderer was updated separately. That might have fixed past issues with 4.73. Thanks again, Clutch
edited Mar 19 '22 at 8:26 pm

I'm rather confused with the IErenderer issue.
How does one update it?

Surely, closing Pegasus and Running w32-480.exe
will update everything.

I'm rather confused with the IErenderer issue. How does one update it? Surely, closing Pegasus and Running w32-480.exe will update everything.
edited Apr 2 '22 at 2:41 pm

I'm rather confused with the IErendered issue.
How does one update it?

It is a different program from Pegasus Mail. You can see it in your installed programs as "Pegasus Mail HTML Renderer XXXX" (the X's indicate version number). The Pegasus Mail installer, w32-480.exe, installs it but only the version that was available at the time of the Pegasus Mail release. In the case of v4.80, a bug was found resulting in a new version of IERenderer being released within days. If you are running v4.80 you have a version of IERenderer that will notify you when a new version is available by displaying a red exclamation point on its icon on the Pegasus Mail toolbar. Clicking that icon will give you two options for downloading the new version. One is the "Update IERenderer" option. The other the "About IER" option. That screen contains a link to download the current version. Note that both options are greyed out when "Auto Update Check" is enabled and you are running the current version.

The IERenderer download is a .zip file. Extract it then run IERendererSetup.exe to install it. Any previous version will be replaced.

[quote="pid:53669, uid:28437"]I'm rather confused with the IErendered issue. How does one update it?[/quote] It is a different program from Pegasus Mail. You can see it in your installed programs as "Pegasus Mail HTML Renderer XXXX" (the X's indicate version number). The Pegasus Mail installer, w32-480.exe, installs it but only the version that was available at the time of the Pegasus Mail release. In the case of v4.80, a bug was found resulting in a new version of IERenderer being released within days. If you are running v4.80 you have a version of IERenderer that will notify you when a new version is available by displaying a red exclamation point on its icon on the Pegasus Mail toolbar. Clicking that icon will give you two options for downloading the new version. One is the "Update IERenderer" option. The other the "About IER" option. That screen contains a link to download the current version. Note that both options are greyed out when "Auto Update Check" is enabled and you are running the current version. The IERenderer download is a .zip file. Extract it then run IERendererSetup.exe to install it. Any previous version will be replaced.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft