Community Discussions and Support
Font Size in Address Book in v 4.80

First - congrats and thanks Devs for the long-awaited update. Seems quite smooth.

Only one question - the font size in my Address Book is noticeably larger than in all other open windows. I thought somehow it was linked to one of the 3 wIndows settings in Fonts. Seems not. Maybe it is linked to Windows system fonts (I use similar fonts for both Windows and Pegasus - but even my Windows system font is smaller...Like 10 pt vs what looks like almost 16 pt in my Address Book.

Is anyone else having this issue and is there a simple fix?

It is a minor thing for sure. Thanks

First - congrats and thanks Devs for the long-awaited update. Seems quite smooth. Only one question - the font size in my Address Book is noticeably larger than in all other open windows. I thought somehow it was linked to one of the 3 wIndows settings in Fonts. Seems not. Maybe it is linked to Windows system fonts (I use similar fonts for both Windows and Pegasus - but even my Windows system font is smaller...Like 10 pt vs what looks like almost 16 pt in my Address Book. Is anyone else having this issue and is there a simple fix? It is a minor thing for sure. Thanks
edited Mar 9 '22 at 10:41 am

AFAIK, the Address Book window uses fixed fonts set within the Pegasus Mail program. The font in my Address Book window look the same as the one used in configuration screens and help menu. Usually the complaint is that they are too small.

AFAIK, the Address Book window uses fixed fonts set within the Pegasus Mail program. The font in my Address Book window look the same as the one used in configuration screens and help menu. Usually the complaint is that they are too small.

It's pretty small in my address books as well ...

It's pretty small in my address books as well ...
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

We (I'm pretty sure Brian agrees) would have said so if there was, sorry ...

We (I'm pretty sure Brian agrees) would have said so if there was, sorry ...
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

AFAIK there is not a way to change it.

I would like to understand how you got it so big though. As mentioned, it is usually too small. Reducing resolution or using a magnifying app have been the workarounds for high resolution monitors. Mine is a 1920 x 1080 that I run at 1366 x 768. Also, increasing text size is a consideration but that is not recommended because of the resulting distortion and ill affects on some of the Pegasus Mail dialog windows.

Are you doing any of these?

AFAIK there is not a way to change it. I would like to understand how you got it so big though. As mentioned, it is usually too small. Reducing resolution or using a magnifying app have been the workarounds for high resolution monitors. Mine is a 1920 x 1080 that I run at 1366 x 768. Also, increasing text size is a consideration but that is not recommended because of the resulting distortion and ill affects on some of the Pegasus Mail dialog windows. Are you doing any of these?

I have a very large 32" 3840x2860 monitor. Scaling indeed set at 150%. It's just the right balance given everything I run. The Pegasus customizable folders and messages windows are set at 14 pt, the preview at 8 pt. I like things probably smaller than most people.
It's just odd that all the other windows font and size can be adjusted - but not the address book window. It seems to have changed slightly since the release of 4.8, with bigger text font. It's just visually out of balance with the rest. But I can certainly live with it.

Was just asking if there is a way to tweak it. As Michael and others have said, there are far more important things to sort out and hopefully roll out v 5....Appreciate the help.

I have a very large 32" 3840x2860 monitor. Scaling indeed set at 150%. It's just the right balance given everything I run. The Pegasus customizable folders and messages windows are set at 14 pt, the preview at 8 pt. I like things probably smaller than most people. It's just odd that all the other windows font and size can be adjusted - but not the address book window. It seems to have changed slightly since the release of 4.8, with bigger text font. It's just visually out of balance with the rest. But I can certainly live with it. Was just asking if there is a way to tweak it. As Michael and others have said, there are far more important things to sort out and hopefully roll out v 5....Appreciate the help.

I am rethinking my assumption that the font used in the address books is a fixed font. Since installing v4.80 I have wondered why I haven't noticed the improved UI display noted in the release noted and commented on by others so this morning I reset my laptop display to its default settings and voilà, I see it now.

One thing that I also now see is that the address book font is very different in my two Pegasus Mail instances. The font looks to be the same type but in one it is about 10pt whereas the other is about 16pt. I have not yet been able to find an explanation. I have run out of time now but intend to work on this more later.

I am rethinking my assumption that the font used in the address books is a fixed font. Since installing v4.80 I have wondered why I haven't noticed the improved UI display noted in the release noted and commented on by others so this morning I reset my laptop display to its default settings and voilà, I see it now. One thing that I also now see is that the address book font is very different in my two Pegasus Mail instances. The font looks to be the same type but in one it is about 10pt whereas the other is about 16pt. I have not yet been able to find an explanation. I have run out of time now but intend to work on this more later.

Something changed in the 4.8 release, as I never noticed this before. Odd that one can change the font and size in so many of the other windows, just not the Address Book apparently. But really it is a minor thing. Maybe it can be revisited in v 5.....

Hope it's all hands on deck for this next big release.

Something changed in the 4.8 release, as I never noticed this before. Odd that one can change the font and size in so many of the other windows, just not the Address Book apparently. But really it is a minor thing. Maybe it can be revisited in v 5..... Hope it's all hands on deck for this next big release.

Problem identified! Actually, the cause of the difference in the font size of the address books in my two PMail instances has been identified. One of the instances had a WINPM-32.DAT file that was associated with v4.73 and the other had one associated with v4.80. Replacing the 4.73 one with the v4.80 one made both the address book font the same in both instances. That "same" is around 16pt in size. I haven't been able to identify the font nor did I see a way to change it.

I don't recommend using the WINPM-32.DAT file from v4.73 in v4.80 just to get a smaller address book font.

Problem identified! Actually, the cause of the difference in the font size of the address books in my two PMail instances has been identified. One of the instances had a WINPM-32.DAT file that was associated with v4.73 and the other had one associated with v4.80. Replacing the 4.73 one with the v4.80 one made both the address book font the same in both instances. That "same" is around 16pt in size. I haven't been able to identify the font nor did I see a way to change it. I don't recommend using the WINPM-32.DAT file from v4.73 in v4.80 just to get a smaller address book font.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft