Community Discussions and Support
How to define Pegasus as my "default" mail application ?

I would like to set Pegasus Mail as my default mail application in Windows 10 - 64 bits

But, when I display the default apps and try to set it, Pegasus does not appear as a selectable option and there is no way to scan the applications installed on my system !

How could I solve this problem ?

Thanks for your help

I would like to set Pegasus Mail as my default mail application in Windows 10 - 64 bits But, when I display the default apps and try to set it, Pegasus does not appear as a selectable option and there is no way to scan the applications installed on my system ! How could I solve this problem ? Thanks for your help

I believe
SETPMDEFAULT.EXE
in the PMAIL/Programs Directory does it?

Looked for option withing Pegasus, but don't seem to find it?
Running program prompts if one wants to make it default app.
Not sure what all it setup, and if it works for all versions of Windows or apps.
I run Pegasus under Wine, and it has Pegasus setup as default mail client for my Linux Firefox, but not sure if this set this or if long ago, I had done something in Firefox to have it use Pegasus?? Many years ago.
Been using Pegasus since the old DOS version on Novell 2.2 servers.

Hope that helps, but perhaps windows users will have more info, are know where option is within Pegasus to run the Setpmdefault?

I believe SETPMDEFAULT.EXE in the PMAIL/Programs Directory does it? Looked for option withing Pegasus, but don't seem to find it? Running program prompts if one wants to make it default app. Not sure what all it setup, and if it works for all versions of Windows or apps. I run Pegasus under Wine, and it has Pegasus setup as default mail client for my Linux Firefox, but not sure if this set this or if long ago, I had done something in Firefox to have it use Pegasus?? Many years ago. Been using Pegasus since the old DOS version on Novell 2.2 servers. Hope that helps, but perhaps windows users will have more info, are know where option is within Pegasus to run the Setpmdefault?

mikes@guam.net

Hope that helps, but perhaps windows users will have more info, are know where option is within Pegasus to run the Setpmdefault?

It is in Tools > Options > Incoming mail > Hyperlinks. At the bottom of that screen you will see a section titled "Default system mail program". Clicking the "System mailer" button is equivalent to running setpmdefault.exe.

Be aware that the only thing this does is to create the framework in the Windows registry so the Pegasus Mail can be set as the default email program. I suggest restarting Windows after using the system mailer button or running setpmdefault.exe.

[quote="pid:56565, uid:2546"]Hope that helps, but perhaps windows users will have more info, are know where option is within Pegasus to run the Setpmdefault?[/quote] It is in Tools > Options > Incoming mail > Hyperlinks. At the bottom of that screen you will see a section titled "Default system mail program". Clicking the "System mailer" button is equivalent to running setpmdefault.exe. Be aware that the only thing this does is to create the framework in the Windows registry so the Pegasus Mail can be set as the default email program. I suggest restarting Windows after using the system mailer button or running setpmdefault.exe.

A couple of afterthoughts:

1. When setting the default app in Windows, it will be seen as the "Pegasus Mail WSENDTO utility".
  2. You may need to manually set this for the MAILTO protocol in addition to setting it as the default email app. I don't remember whether the protocol setting happened automatically.

A couple of afterthoughts: 1. When setting the default app in Windows, it will be seen as the "Pegasus Mail WSENDTO utility". 2. You may need to manually set this for the MAILTO protocol in addition to setting it as the default email app. I don't remember whether the protocol setting happened automatically.

You may need to manually set this for the MAILTO protocol in addition to setting it as the default email app. I don't remember whether the protocol setting happened automatically.

It should do so, but I've seen it being reset to some other Pegasus Mail entry after a system or browser update without really understanding how.

[quote="pid:56569, uid:28772"]You may need to manually set this for the MAILTO protocol in addition to setting it as the default email app. I don't remember whether the protocol setting happened automatically.[/quote] It should do so, but I've seen it being reset to some other Pegasus Mail entry after a system or browser update without really understanding how.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

I had exactly the same issue. The "fix" for me was to go to the pmail folder, (not in Windows itself at all) and navigate to pmail/programs/wsendto.exe. Run this file. (Absolutely nothing seems to happen, but it actually does something in the Windows registry, and suddenly Pegasus appears in the list of programs which can be set as default mailer.)

And quite by chance, the question I was actually seeking to pursue when I logged on to the website - Will Pegasus run under Wine in Linux - was answered by the OP. (Yes!)

I had exactly the same issue. The "fix" for me was to go to the pmail folder, (not in Windows itself at all) and navigate to pmail/programs/wsendto.exe. Run this file. (Absolutely nothing seems to happen, but it actually does something in the Windows registry, and suddenly Pegasus appears in the list of programs which can be set as default mailer.) And quite by chance, the question I was actually seeking to pursue when I logged on to the website - Will Pegasus run under Wine in Linux - was answered by the OP. (Yes!)

Yes, Pegasus does work with Linux under wine.
Only issue is the IERender doesn't work well under wine since it uses some calls that don't seem to be supported fully by wine. So, generally, the recommended process it to install Pegasus, but then run the IERender uninstall program in the /PMAIL/Programs directory. unins(something).exe. Removes itself after running it.

I've also removed the BEARHTML since lastest version is older than the newer TER32 and HTS32 that are included with the 4.8x versions. No uninstall program for it, so manually remove the BEAR* files.

I've also found using the winehq packages have versus the Fedora distro, and believe some others have seen the same.

winehq-devel-9.7-1.1.x86_64
is the main wine, but does also use other wine packages.
rpm -qa | grep wine
wine-dxvk-dxgi-1.10.3-5.fc39.i686
wine-dxvk-dxgi-1.10.3-5.fc39.x86_64
wine-mono-8.1.0-1.fc39.noarch
wine-wingdings-fonts-9.1-1.fc39.noarch
wine-filesystem-9.1-1.fc39.noarch
wine-tahoma-fonts-9.1-1.fc39.noarch
wine-times-new-roman-fonts-9.1-1.fc39.noarch
wine-webdings-fonts-9.1-1.fc39.noarch
wine-system-fonts-9.1-1.fc39.noarch
wine-symbol-fonts-9.1-1.fc39.noarch
wine-small-fonts-9.1-1.fc39.noarch
wine-ms-sans-serif-fonts-9.1-1.fc39.noarch
wine-marlett-fonts-9.1-1.fc39.noarch
wine-fixedsys-fonts-9.1-1.fc39.noarch
wine-courier-fonts-9.1-1.fc39.noarch
wine-arial-fonts-9.1-1.fc39.noarch
wine-fonts-9.1-1.fc39.noarch
wine-times-new-roman-fonts-system-9.1-1.fc39.noarch
wine-tahoma-fonts-system-9.1-1.fc39.noarch
wine-wingdings-fonts-system-9.1-1.fc39.noarch
wine-systemd-9.1-1.fc39.noarch
wine-devel64-9.7-1.1.x86_64
wine-devel-common-9.7-1.1.i686
winehq-devel-9.7-1.1.x86_64

Again, that is with Fedora 39, but should be similar with other distros.
Hope that helps.

Yes, Pegasus does work with Linux under wine. Only issue is the IERender doesn't work well under wine since it uses some calls that don't seem to be supported fully by wine. So, generally, the recommended process it to install Pegasus, but then run the IERender uninstall program in the /PMAIL/Programs directory. unins(something).exe. Removes itself after running it. I've also removed the BEARHTML since lastest version is older than the newer TER32 and HTS32 that are included with the 4.8x versions. No uninstall program for it, so manually remove the BEAR* files. I've also found using the winehq packages have versus the Fedora distro, and believe some others have seen the same. winehq-devel-9.7-1.1.x86_64 is the main wine, but does also use other wine packages. rpm -qa | grep wine wine-dxvk-dxgi-1.10.3-5.fc39.i686 wine-dxvk-dxgi-1.10.3-5.fc39.x86_64 wine-mono-8.1.0-1.fc39.noarch wine-wingdings-fonts-9.1-1.fc39.noarch wine-filesystem-9.1-1.fc39.noarch wine-tahoma-fonts-9.1-1.fc39.noarch wine-times-new-roman-fonts-9.1-1.fc39.noarch wine-webdings-fonts-9.1-1.fc39.noarch wine-system-fonts-9.1-1.fc39.noarch wine-symbol-fonts-9.1-1.fc39.noarch wine-small-fonts-9.1-1.fc39.noarch wine-ms-sans-serif-fonts-9.1-1.fc39.noarch wine-marlett-fonts-9.1-1.fc39.noarch wine-fixedsys-fonts-9.1-1.fc39.noarch wine-courier-fonts-9.1-1.fc39.noarch wine-arial-fonts-9.1-1.fc39.noarch wine-fonts-9.1-1.fc39.noarch wine-times-new-roman-fonts-system-9.1-1.fc39.noarch wine-tahoma-fonts-system-9.1-1.fc39.noarch wine-wingdings-fonts-system-9.1-1.fc39.noarch wine-systemd-9.1-1.fc39.noarch wine-devel64-9.7-1.1.x86_64 wine-devel-common-9.7-1.1.i686 winehq-devel-9.7-1.1.x86_64 Again, that is with Fedora 39, but should be similar with other distros. Hope that helps.

mikes@guam.net

Hello

I used the wsendto.exe program ... and it worked fine !

Thank you all for your help !

Hello I used the wsendto.exe program ... and it worked fine ! Thank you all for your help !

Hello

I used the wsendto.exe program ... and it worked fine !

Thank you all for your help !

Hello I used the wsendto.exe program ... and it worked fine ! Thank you all for your help !
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft