Community Discussions and Support
Email with multi attachments split into 2 emails

Hello & good day. I have a user who sends out finance info in pdf form - recently he's started sending out over 10 attachments. When this happens Pegasus is splitting the email into two separate messages...this has resulted in other users deleting one of the emails believing it to be in error.
Can I change what looks like a default max no of attachments or is it a size issue...they do seem to be coming it at 5mb.
Mercury is used as mail server.
Look forward to any info
Cheers

Hello & good day. I have a user who sends out finance info in pdf form - recently he's started sending out over 10 attachments. When this happens Pegasus is splitting the email into two separate messages...this has resulted in other users deleting one of the emails believing it to be in error. Can I change what looks like a default max no of attachments or is it a size issue...they do seem to be coming it at 5mb. Mercury is used as mail server. Look forward to any info Cheers

There is a configuration option in Pegasus Mail that called "Send attachments as separate messages". The Help information indicates that when it is enabled, each attachment will be sent as a separate message. This doesn't sound like what is happening though. I am not aware of any other options in Pegasus Mail that would split out attachments as described.

I recall there being a way to limit message size within Mercury but IIRC, messages exceeding the limit were rejected, not split into multiple messages. I have been away from it too long to remember details. Consider posting the question in the Mercury section of this forum.

There is a configuration option in Pegasus Mail that called "Send attachments as separate messages". The Help information indicates that when it is enabled, each attachment will be sent as a separate message. This doesn't sound like what is happening though. I am not aware of any other options in Pegasus Mail that would split out attachments as described. I recall there being a way to limit message size within Mercury but IIRC, messages exceeding the limit were rejected, not split into multiple messages. I have been away from it too long to remember details. Consider posting the question in the Mercury section of this forum.

Thanks Brian - on further testing it looks like it may be a Mercury mailing list issue/condition.

Thanks Brian - on further testing it looks like it may be a Mercury mailing list issue/condition.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft