Community Discussions and Support
IERenderer 2.7.1.12 released

IERenderer 2.7.1.12 has been released

· This version fixes the new hyperlink auto-detection feature which would accidentally remove text formatting including line breaks or existing hyperlinks in certain messages and in rare cases even cause crashes.
· It also restores the timeout notification dialog for cancelling image downloads on user request if downloads keep on failing.
· Then it enables the fallback enable dialog for using non-secure image downloads if no https addresses are supplied.
· And it fixes and simplifies the background picture handling.

Please click the link to IER's homepage down below in my signature for downloading.

**IERenderer 2.7.1.12 has been released** · This version fixes the new hyperlink auto-detection feature which would accidentally remove text formatting including line breaks or existing hyperlinks in certain messages and in rare cases even cause crashes. · It also restores the timeout notification dialog for cancelling image downloads on user request if downloads keep on failing. · Then it enables the fallback enable dialog for using non-secure image downloads if no https addresses are supplied. · And it fixes and simplifies the background picture handling. Please click the link to IER's homepage down below in my signature for downloading.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C
edited Jun 12 at 12:59 am

FYI: There are two issues encountered by several people you should know about bevor installing this version:

1. Some people encounter a crash on PM launch after installing this version which only happens with Auto Update enabled.

2. Disabling IER via its button menu item may also cause PM to crash as soon as BearHtml tries to load complex HTML messages.

For now I could only work around the latter issue (since BearHtml isn't maintained anymore it cannot be fixed in its source code). I cannot duplicate the Auto Update crash on any of my systems so far which requires to figure out a speculative fix to be tested by volunteers and may take a couple of days.

FYI: There are two issues encountered by several people you should know about bevor installing this version: 1. Some people encounter a crash on PM launch after installing this version which only happens with Auto Update enabled. 2. Disabling IER via its button menu item may also cause PM to crash as soon as BearHtml tries to load complex HTML messages. For now I could only work around the latter issue (since BearHtml isn't maintained anymore it cannot be fixed in its source code). I cannot duplicate the Auto Update crash on any of my systems so far which requires to figure out a speculative fix to be tested by volunteers and may take a couple of days.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

Wondering if you or anyone has done testing with removing Bearhtml?

Under Wine with Linux, I found that the new TER32 and HTS32 seem to handle displaying messages better than with the BEARHTML being that they are much newer with the 4.8x releases.

Just wondering, since I don't have access to windows machines with Pegasus.

Thanks.

Wondering if you or anyone has done testing with removing Bearhtml? Under Wine with Linux, I found that the new TER32 and HTS32 seem to handle displaying messages better than with the BEARHTML being that they are much newer with the 4.8x releases. Just wondering, since I don't have access to windows machines with Pegasus. Thanks.

mikes@guam.net

First and above all I have to take care about IER not causing any serious malfunctions, and removing an existing functionality isn't an easy task per se which can only be pursued by David Harris. It may be discussed later taking the current issues into account.

First and above all I have to take care about IER not causing any serious malfunctions, and removing an existing functionality isn't an easy task per se which can only be pursued by David Harris. It may be discussed later taking the current issues into account.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

Didn't mean to imply that you should do something directly, but you and Brian seem to be more directly linked to Pegasus Development. I've chatted with Mr. Harris going back to the late 80's when was running Pegasus on my Novel servers at the College. Did once work with him directly when writting an UUCP gateway for Pegasus to give college access to send/receive email to internet. That was in the old days when it was using the Borland compiler.

Looks like the latest BEARHTML.DLL is from February of 2018.
The TER32 and HTS32 are 2022 and 2021, so not sure if there modifications make the BEARHTML outdated.
The TER32 does have a link to TXML2.DLL from same company, but can't be sure at the TER32 actually calls it or not?
Have asked but never gotten an answer??

In my testing, I found I got better results using Pegasus 4.8x with both IERender and Bearhtml removed, but that is specifically under Linux with wine, and I don't expect you to spend time working on getting around problems.

Did see message with someone that had issue with latest IERender, and then uninstalled it, and had some issues with BEARHTML and messages. Don't know for sure that it would or wouldn't work better with BEARHTML removed?

Again, I thank Mr. Harris and you and Brian and a number of others that put a lot into supporting Pegasus. Generally donate $100 or so each year to show a little support.

Know it is a lot of work trying to come up with solutions that work under all the different windows setting.
Know he is now looking at moving to 64 bit code. I moved my Linux disk imaging project G4L to 64 bit a while ago, and it was a major deal, and adding EFI support. Good Luck to all.

Didn't mean to imply that you should do something directly, but you and Brian seem to be more directly linked to Pegasus Development. I've chatted with Mr. Harris going back to the late 80's when was running Pegasus on my Novel servers at the College. Did once work with him directly when writting an UUCP gateway for Pegasus to give college access to send/receive email to internet. That was in the old days when it was using the Borland compiler. Looks like the latest BEARHTML.DLL is from February of 2018. The TER32 and HTS32 are 2022 and 2021, so not sure if there modifications make the BEARHTML outdated. The TER32 does have a link to TXML2.DLL from same company, but can't be sure at the TER32 actually calls it or not? Have asked but never gotten an answer?? In my testing, I found I got better results using Pegasus 4.8x with both IERender and Bearhtml removed, but that is specifically under Linux with wine, and I don't expect you to spend time working on getting around problems. Did see message with someone that had issue with latest IERender, and then uninstalled it, and had some issues with BEARHTML and messages. Don't know for sure that it would or wouldn't work better with BEARHTML removed? Again, I thank Mr. Harris and you and Brian and a number of others that put a lot into supporting Pegasus. Generally donate $100 or so each year to show a little support. Know it is a lot of work trying to come up with solutions that work under all the different windows setting. Know he is now looking at moving to 64 bit code. I moved my Linux disk imaging project G4L to 64 bit a while ago, and it was a major deal, and adding EFI support. Good Luck to all.

mikes@guam.net

The TER32 does have a link to TXML2.DLL from same company, but can't be sure at the TER32 actually calls it or not?
Have asked but never gotten an answer??

That isn't true, we (= you and I) had a short discussion about it and it isn't required other than for very special purposes not relevant to Pegasus Mail. If it was and the module missing it would cause access violations and crashes.

[quote="pid:56726, uid:2546"] The TER32 does have a link to TXML2.DLL from same company, but can't be sure at the TER32 actually calls it or not? Have asked but never gotten an answer??[/quote] That isn't true, we (= you and I) had a short discussion about it and it isn't required other than for very special purposes not relevant to Pegasus Mail. If it was and the module missing it would cause access violations and crashes.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
edited Jun 14 at 3:44 pm

Have to disagree a little. The TER32 is written by a different developer, so why it includes a link to TXML2.DLL is outside understanding. It might also, include code that skips over links it the DLL isn't available. So, it not giving an error might be good programming. But since it is small, I opted to include it. Know Mr. Harris makes a modification to the TER32 so, if he didn't need it, it could be removed, or more likely, he might have not even know that the link to the TXML2.DLL exists.

I do a check with my project an all the support files to make sure that I am not missing a library files under linux. Have script that checks every support program and libraries to see if any are missing, or any have become unnecessary. Occassionally, a support program will add a new dependency, and I have to add some new libraries, or a program drops a dependency, and I can clean up the libraries. Project includes over 100 library files.

You may be 100% correct that Pegasus has no use of the TXML2.DLL. So, guess I'll drop it.
Thanks for your time.

Have to disagree a little. The TER32 is written by a different developer, so why it includes a link to TXML2.DLL is outside understanding. It might also, include code that skips over links it the DLL isn't available. So, it not giving an error might be good programming. But since it is small, I opted to include it. Know Mr. Harris makes a modification to the TER32 so, if he didn't need it, it could be removed, or more likely, he might have not even know that the link to the TXML2.DLL exists. I do a check with my project an all the support files to make sure that I am not missing a library files under linux. Have script that checks every support program and libraries to see if any are missing, or any have become unnecessary. Occassionally, a support program will add a new dependency, and I have to add some new libraries, or a program drops a dependency, and I can clean up the libraries. Project includes over 100 library files. You may be 100% correct that Pegasus has no use of the TXML2.DLL. So, guess I'll drop it. Thanks for your time.

mikes@guam.net

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft