Community Discussions and Support
Pegasus Mail will not open after installing IERenderer Version 2.7.1.12 - How to un-install and regain Pegasus

When I installed the latest update for IERenderer Version 2.7.1.12 , Pegasus Mail will not open. I get the error message "Pegasus Mail for windows has stopped working" (A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available).

How can I UN-install Version 2.7.1.12 and get my primary email back up and running? Thanks for your help in advance.

When I installed the latest update for IERenderer Version 2.7.1.12 , Pegasus Mail will not open. I get the error message "Pegasus Mail for windows has stopped working" (A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available). How can I UN-install Version 2.7.1.12 and get my primary email back up and running? Thanks for your help in advance.

The uninstall program for IERender is in the /PMAIL/Programs directory.
unins000.exe should be name.
Run that to uninstall, and then could download and use earlier version.

The uninstall program for IERender is in the /PMAIL/Programs directory. unins000.exe should be name. Run that to uninstall, and then could download and use earlier version.

mikes@guam.net

There's also an IER entry in Windows Control Panel where all applications are listed for uninstalling, just go down to the section where all Pegasus Mail applications are listet. IER's home page can be accessed via the link down below in my signature, available downgrade versions are listed down the page.

There's also an IER entry in Windows Control Panel where all applications are listed for uninstalling, just go down to the section where all Pegasus Mail applications are listet. IER's home page can be accessed via the link down below in my signature, available downgrade versions are listed down the page.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C
edited Jun 12 at 9:11 am

Thank you for your help! After running unins000.exe in the PMAIL programs dir, Pegasus mail re-started normally. I then re-installed IERenderer Version 2.7.1.10 and again, Pegasus mail re-started normally. I'm still running Windows 7 and maybe something (some code) in Version 2.7.1.12 is incompatible with Win 7?

Anyway, another question I have is whether or not I should continue with IERenderer upgrades without installing Version 2.7.1.12? That is, will future new versions of IERenderer require building on Version 2.7.1.12 in order to work? If the latter is true, then I will just ignore all red up-date notices on the IERenderer icon going forward.

Thanks again for your help!

Kind Regards, Bill

Thank you for your help! After running unins000.exe in the PMAIL programs dir, Pegasus mail re-started normally. I then re-installed IERenderer Version 2.7.1.10 and again, Pegasus mail re-started normally. I'm still running Windows 7 and maybe something (some code) in Version 2.7.1.12 is incompatible with Win 7? Anyway, another question I have is whether or not I should continue with IERenderer upgrades without installing Version 2.7.1.12? That is, will future new versions of IERenderer require building on Version 2.7.1.12 in order to work? If the latter is true, then I will just ignore all red up-date notices on the IERenderer icon going forward. Thanks again for your help! Kind Regards, Bill

Anyway, another question I have is whether or not I should continue with IERenderer upgrades without installing Version 2.7.1.12? That is, will future new versions of IERenderer require building on Version 2.7.1.12 in order to work?

Each version does not build on the previous one, it replaces the previous one, with the exception of its configuration file.

Regarding the error message, I have seen one other report of a problem with Pegasus Mail startup after installation of IER 2.7.1.12. I'm sure details will be shared as they develop.

[quote="pid:56715, uid:39421"]Anyway, another question I have is whether or not I should continue with IERenderer upgrades without installing Version 2.7.1.12? That is, will future new versions of IERenderer require building on Version 2.7.1.12 in order to work?[/quote] Each version does not build on the previous one, it replaces the previous one, with the exception of its configuration file. Regarding the error message, I have seen one other report of a problem with Pegasus Mail startup after installation of IER 2.7.1.12. I'm sure details will be shared as they develop.

I'm still running Windows 7 and maybe something (some code) in Version 2.7.1.12 is incompatible with Win 7?

In addition to what Brian already noted I can for now only say you're not the only one reporting crashes. I couldn't duplicate any so far one neither Win7 nor 10, only on XP when turning IER off with BearHtml enabled which is kind of weird but not wasn't much of a surprise to me so far since BearHtml isn't maintained anmore. Further infos to come as soon as my investigations proceed ...

[quote="pid:56715, uid:39421"]I'm still running Windows 7 and maybe something (some code) in Version 2.7.1.12 is incompatible with Win 7?[/quote] In addition to what Brian already noted I can for now only say you're not the only one reporting crashes. I couldn't duplicate any so far one neither Win7 nor 10, only on XP when turning IER off with BearHtml enabled which is kind of weird but not wasn't much of a surprise to me so far since BearHtml isn't maintained anmore. Further infos to come as soon as my investigations proceed ...
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

Thank you. I would appreciate being kept informed. I don't like skipping up-dates to previous versions of any software, especially those from Pegasus, as they are always issued for good reason.

Kind Regards, Bill

Thank you. I would appreciate being kept informed. I don't like skipping up-dates to previous versions of any software, especially those from Pegasus, as they are always issued for good reason. Kind Regards, Bill
edited Jun 13 at 1:08 am

Just as an observation I've seen with running Pegasus under Linux without IERender.
I've actually found the updated TER32.DLL HTS.DLL that are included with Pegasus 4.8x actually is newer and does a better job with messages than BEARHTML.

Unfortunately, there is no uninstall program so just renaming or moving the BEAR* files is only way to disable it. Haven't run Pegasus under windows myself since XP, so others might find difference.

So, and option you could try. Can move files elsewhere, and it if doesn't work, move them back.
Should be done while Pegasus not running.

Was always hoping that Bearhtml would be updated.

Know Martin put a lot of work into it for many years.
Michael Also puts in a lot of work in IERender..

Thanks to all.

Just as an observation I've seen with running Pegasus under Linux without IERender. I've actually found the updated TER32.DLL HTS.DLL that are included with Pegasus 4.8x actually is newer and does a better job with messages than BEARHTML. Unfortunately, there is no uninstall program so just renaming or moving the BEAR* files is only way to disable it. Haven't run Pegasus under windows myself since XP, so others might find difference. So, and option you could try. Can move files elsewhere, and it if doesn't work, move them back. Should be done while Pegasus not running. Was always hoping that Bearhtml would be updated. Know Martin put a lot of work into it for many years. Michael Also puts in a lot of work in IERender.. Thanks to all.

mikes@guam.net

I can say now that I put in a work-around for the BearHtml related crash since BearHtml itself cannot be fixed anymore but the exception causing the crash doesn't occur on my systems anymore. Unfortunately it's a lot more difficult with the crash on PM launch which appears to be connected to the auto update check since I cannot duplicate anything like this on any of my systems at all. I have an idea about it but I can't test it and the traces I got from a crash dump are not as helpful as to I would like them to be ...

I can say now that I put in a work-around for the BearHtml related crash since BearHtml itself cannot be fixed anymore but the exception causing the crash doesn't occur on my systems anymore. Unfortunately it's a lot more difficult with the crash on PM launch which appears to be connected to the auto update check since I cannot duplicate anything like this on any of my systems at all. I have an idea about it but I can't test it and the traces I got from a crash dump are not as helpful as to I would like them to be ...
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft