Pegasus Mail Suggestions
SpellCheck Pop up

The automatic SpellCheck pop-up window location reference code needs to be looked it.

I have an extended desktop across two large monitors.. and Pegasus opens and runs on the right side of the primary (left) monitor. This extended monitor set up confuses Pegasus apparently, because when the Spell Check pop-up window opens automatically (check spelling is selected to occur upon sending email), it appears almost completely off the left side of the monitor (there's just enough of it exposed to grab it with the mouse and drag it back in view on the desk top).
If I reposition the window location that Pegasus runs in, and/or the location of the email editing window within the main Pegasus window (to a certain extent), that affects where the pop-up automatically opens on the screen (or not on the screen as the case may be).

Now the weird part is that if I close that pop-up window by clicking on the "X" in the upper-right corner of it, it immediately reappears where it "belongs", adjacent to the email editing window! smile

In other words, it's now located as if I manually select "Check Spelling" during the editing of an email message - it opens adjacent to the email editing window (left or right, or even over the window depending on available screen real-estate).

I don't know if there's a race condition between Pegasus and the Windows OS of some kind (this occurs with both Win7 and Win10 in extended desk-top configuration), causing the "automatic" spell check pop-up window to appear in an unintended location before arriving at its intended location, (and then "closing" the window by clicking on the "X" unfreezes its location and it then reappears where it is supposed to?)...
... or if this is all Pegasus doing,...
...but it would certainly be more elegant if the automatic pop-up positioning behaved the same way as the manual spell-check pop-up window positioning - that is, first appearing where it is intended to be, and then if the window is closed by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner, it actually "goes away" as in the manual spell check operation, not hopping over to where it was supposed to be! smile

The **automatic** SpellCheck pop-up window location reference code needs to be looked it. I have an extended desktop across two large monitors.. and Pegasus opens and runs on the right side of the primary (left) monitor. This extended monitor set up confuses Pegasus apparently, because when the Spell Check pop-up window opens **automatically** (check spelling is selected to occur upon sending email), it appears almost completely off the left side of the monitor (there's just enough of it exposed to grab it with the mouse and drag it back in view on the desk top). If I reposition the window location that Pegasus runs in, and/or the location of the email editing window within the main Pegasus window (to a certain extent), that affects where the pop-up automatically opens on the screen (or _not_ on the screen as the case may be). Now the weird part is that if I close that pop-up window by clicking on the "X" in the upper-right corner of it, it immediately reappears where it "belongs", adjacent to the email editing window! |( In other words, it's now located as if I **manually** select "Check Spelling" during the editing of an email message - it opens adjacent to the_ email editing_ window (left or right, or even over the window depending on available screen real-estate). I don't know if there's a race condition between Pegasus and the Windows OS of some kind (this occurs with both Win7 and Win10 in extended desk-top configuration), causing the "automatic" spell check pop-up window to appear in an unintended location before arriving at its intended location, (and then "closing" the window by clicking on the "X" unfreezes its location and it then reappears where it is supposed to?)... ... or if this is all Pegasus doing,... ...but it would certainly be more elegant if the automatic pop-up positioning behaved the same way as the manual spell-check pop-up window positioning - that is, first appearing where it is intended to be, and then if the window is closed by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner, it actually "goes away" as in the manual spell check operation, not hopping over to where it was supposed to be! :D
edited Jun 13 at 7:10 pm
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft