Community Discussions and Support
Gmail Not Working with PM After Changing PW

It's possible that my Google account got hacked. I'm not sure. The situation was very confusing. It's supposedly OK now, but as a precaution, I changed my Google password. I changed it in PM, but I forgot that PM blocks showing the actual PW, and evidently, I had put in the application specific PW for PM for OAUTH2. So, I no longer have that entry. The error msg from Gmail says "Application specific password required". Can someone tell me how to fix that?

My mobile phone (Android) seems to be working OK for Gmail.

It's possible that my Google account got hacked. I'm not sure. The situation was very confusing. It's supposedly OK now, but as a precaution, I changed my Google password. I changed it in PM, but I forgot that PM blocks showing the actual PW, and evidently, I had put in the application specific PW for PM for OAUTH2. So, I no longer have that entry. The error msg from Gmail says "Application specific password required". Can someone tell me how to fix that? My mobile phone (Android) seems to be working OK for Gmail.

Are you using an app password or the OAUTH2 setup.
Think it both cases changing your regular google password deletes all the app password and OAUTH2 setups, so you would need to create a new App password that would be created by google, and then would have to put that new password in settings. If using OAUTH2 your would have to rerun the setup, so it would have to create a new setup.

I am still using the app password, so I haven't gone thru OAUTH2 setup, so can't say how running that goes.
Good Luck.

Are you using an app password or the OAUTH2 setup. Think it both cases changing your regular google password deletes all the app password and OAUTH2 setups, so you would need to create a new App password that would be created by google, and then would have to put that new password in settings. If using OAUTH2 your would have to rerun the setup, so it would have to create a new setup. I am still using the app password, so I haven't gone thru OAUTH2 setup, so can't say how running that goes. Good Luck.

mikes@guam.net

You can not change the OAUTH2 password via the Pegasus Mail configuration so I suspect this is an app password issue. I suggest deleting any Google app password previously created for Pegasus Mail, having Google assign a new one, and entering that one in Pegasus Mail.

You can not change the OAUTH2 password via the Pegasus Mail configuration so I suspect this is an app password issue. I suggest deleting any Google app password previously created for Pegasus Mail, having Google assign a new one, and entering that one in Pegasus Mail.

Thanks, guys. I had forgotten how to generate the app password - it's been awhile since I last did it. But I looked up the procedure & everything seems to be working normally again.

Thanks, guys. I had forgotten how to generate the app password - it's been awhile since I last did it. But I looked up the procedure & everything seems to be working normally again.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft