Community Discussions and Support
The header field "Date" is syntactically not correct.

Solved! Thanks a lot for the help.
Tools > Options > Advanced settings showed: 667bdedf44252 .
After I checked the Auto box the sent mail got the correct time zone: +0200 which is CEST or UTC+2
I didn't look at this setting the last 25 years. smile

(in PMAIL.INI the setting still shows "Timezone for internal transport = +1" )

Solved! Thanks a lot for the help. Tools > Options > Advanced settings showed: ![667bdedf44252](serve/attachment&path=667bdedf44252) . After I checked the Auto box the sent mail got the correct time zone: +0200 which is CEST or UTC+2 I didn't look at this setting the last 25 years. (blush) (in PMAIL.INI the setting still shows "Timezone for internal transport = +1" )
edited Jun 26 at 10:59 am

quote="pid:56774, uid:28408"[/quote]

Two thoughts on this:

1. Pegasus Mail has not yet been closed. This field updates to PMAIL.INI during shutdown.

2. This field is identity specific meaning there can be multiple "Timezone for internal transport = " entries in PMAIL.INI.

[quote="pid:56774, uid:28408"](in PMAIL.INI the setting still shows "Timezone for internal transport = +1" )[/quote] Two thoughts on this: 1. Pegasus Mail has not yet been closed. This field updates to PMAIL.INI during shutdown. 2. This field is identity specific meaning there can be multiple "Timezone for internal transport = " entries in PMAIL.INI.
edited Jun 26 at 2:08 pm

Did testing and got unexpected results.
PMAIL.INI showed my normal +1000 with the auto checked
Turn off auto and changed it to +2 with auto unchecked and clicked apply.
Check setting, and it was now PMAIL.INI and it had the +2 updated?
Tried change t- +1 and it also changed with OK.
Then clicked on the auto and apply, and it still showed +1??

So, I'm assuming if the Auto is checked it does use the auto option, but doesn't actually update the setting in the PMAIL.INI file?? So, code probable checks the auto and gets the correct timezone for sending.

So recommendate would be.
Uncheck the auto.
Enter +0100 in the timezone, and then recheck auto and then apply then OK.
Mr. Harris will probable want to check the code, and possible add some code to make sure the value is PMAIL.INI does reflect the correct timezone to match with the auto setting.

Think windows has a tzutl program for setting timezone at command line, but it uses different format.
Seems to use region and location options versus the +/- xxxx format.

With linux has a command tzselect.
tzselect
Please identify a location so that time zone rules can be set correctly.
Please select a continent, ocean, "coord", or "TZ".
1) Africa
2) Americas
3) Antarctica
4) Asia
5) Atlantic Ocean
6) Australia
7) Europe
smile Indian Ocean
9) Pacific Ocean
10) coord - I want to use geographical coordinates.
11) TZ - I want to specify the timezone using the Posix TZ format.

? 9

Please select a country whose clocks agree with yours.
1) Antarctica 11) Nauru 21) Samoa (western)
2) Chile 12) New Caledonia 22) Solomon Islands
3) Cook Islands 13) New Zealand 23) Tokelau
4) Ecuador 14) Niue 24) Tonga
5) Fiji 15) Norfolk Island 25) Tuvalu
6) French Polynesia 16) Northern Mariana Islands 26) United States
7) Guam 17) Palau 27) US minor outlying islands
smile Kiribati 1smile Papua New Guinea 2smile Vanuatu
9) Marshall Islands 19) Pitcairn 29) Wallis & Futuna
10) Micronesia 20) Samoa (American)

? 7

The following information has been given:

Guam

Therefore TZ='Pacific/Guam' will be used.
Selected time is now: Thu Jun 27 01:45:20 ChST 2024.
Universal Time is now: Wed Jun 26 15:45:20 UTC 2024.
Is the above information OK?
1) Yes
2) No

?

Always more to learn.

Did testing and got unexpected results. PMAIL.INI showed my normal +1000 with the auto checked Turn off auto and changed it to +2 with auto unchecked and clicked apply. Check setting, and it was now PMAIL.INI and it had the +2 updated? Tried change t- +1 and it also changed with OK. Then clicked on the auto and apply, and it still showed +1?? So, I'm assuming if the Auto is checked it does use the auto option, but doesn't actually update the setting in the PMAIL.INI file?? So, code probable checks the auto and gets the correct timezone for sending. So recommendate would be. Uncheck the auto. Enter +0100 in the timezone, and then recheck auto and then apply then OK. Mr. Harris will probable want to check the code, and possible add some code to make sure the value is PMAIL.INI does reflect the correct timezone to match with the auto setting. Think windows has a tzutl program for setting timezone at command line, but it uses different format. Seems to use region and location options versus the +/- xxxx format. With linux has a command tzselect. tzselect Please identify a location so that time zone rules can be set correctly. Please select a continent, ocean, "coord", or "TZ". 1) Africa 2) Americas 3) Antarctica 4) Asia 5) Atlantic Ocean 6) Australia 7) Europe 8) Indian Ocean 9) Pacific Ocean 10) coord - I want to use geographical coordinates. 11) TZ - I want to specify the timezone using the Posix TZ format. #? 9 Please select a country whose clocks agree with yours. 1) Antarctica 11) Nauru 21) Samoa (western) 2) Chile 12) New Caledonia 22) Solomon Islands 3) Cook Islands 13) New Zealand 23) Tokelau 4) Ecuador 14) Niue 24) Tonga 5) Fiji 15) Norfolk Island 25) Tuvalu 6) French Polynesia 16) Northern Mariana Islands 26) United States 7) Guam 17) Palau 27) US minor outlying islands 8) Kiribati 18) Papua New Guinea 28) Vanuatu 9) Marshall Islands 19) Pitcairn 29) Wallis & Futuna 10) Micronesia 20) Samoa (American) #? 7 The following information has been given: Guam Therefore TZ='Pacific/Guam' will be used. Selected time is now: Thu Jun 27 01:45:20 ChST 2024. Universal Time is now: Wed Jun 26 15:45:20 UTC 2024. Is the above information OK? 1) Yes 2) No #? Always more to learn.

mikes@guam.net

Did testing and got unexpected results.
PMAIL.INI showed my normal +1000 with the auto checked
Turn off auto and changed it to +2 with auto unchecked and clicked apply.
Check setting, and it was now PMAIL.INI and it had the +2 updated?
Tried change t- +1 and it also changed with OK.
Then clicked on the auto and apply, and it still showed +1??

So, I'm assuming if the Auto is checked it does use the auto option, but doesn't actually update the setting in the PMAIL.INI file?? So, code probable checks the auto and gets the correct timezone for sending.

In my test I simply uncheck "Auto", changed the time to +1, then hit OK. PMAIL.INI was not modified. I restarted Pegasus Mail and the +1 value was now in PMAIL.INI. I did not do any testing beyond that, assuming that this setting only updated PMAIL.INI at Pegasus Mail close. I do know that when Auto is checked, whatever value was previously in the "Timezone for internal transport=" field is not modified but is ignored.

[quote="pid:56776, uid:2546"]Did testing and got unexpected results. PMAIL.INI showed my normal +1000 with the auto checked Turn off auto and changed it to +2 with auto unchecked and clicked apply. Check setting, and it was now PMAIL.INI and it had the +2 updated? Tried change t- +1 and it also changed with OK. Then clicked on the auto and apply, and it still showed +1?? So, I'm assuming if the Auto is checked it does use the auto option, but doesn't actually update the setting in the PMAIL.INI file?? So, code probable checks the auto and gets the correct timezone for sending.[/quote] In my test I simply uncheck "Auto", changed the time to +1, then hit OK. PMAIL.INI was not modified. I restarted Pegasus Mail and the +1 value was now in PMAIL.INI. I did not do any testing beyond that, assuming that this setting only updated PMAIL.INI at Pegasus Mail close. I do know that when Auto is checked, whatever value was previously in the "Timezone for internal transport=" field is not modified but is ignored.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft