Community Discussions and Support
How to export PM messages

I have a folder containing about 300 emails and I need to export the messages so that another person can read them in another email program. My version of PM does not have export or back up in its menu. Version info below.

How do I export the messages?

Thanks

Tom Jennings

Version 4.80 Jan 16 2022 build 1028

Pegasus Mail for Microsoft Windows
Copyright (C) 1992-2022, David Harris, all rights reserved
Electronic mail to support@pmail.gen.nz.

WinPMail version: Version 4.80.1028, Jan 16 2022, build ID 1028
Language resources: Standard UK English resources (EN,0,LL)
Extension Manager version: 1.14
Operating mode: Standalone
User name and ID: Single-user mode, 0
Windows version: 6.2
Windows flag word: 0
WINPMAIL.EXE directory: C:\Pmail\Programs
Home mailbox location: C:\PMAIL\MAIL
New mailbox location: C:\PMAIL\MAIL
TMP environment variable: C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Temp
TEMP environment variable: C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Temp
LAN-based SMTP support: N, N, N
NetWare MHS support: N, N, N
Built-in TCP/IP support: Enabled

• WINSOCK version: WinSock 2.0
  • WINSOCK path: WSOCK32.DLLCommandline: -roam -AActive -Z options: 32768PMR variable: (None)PML variable: (None)MAI variable: (None)NB variable: (None)Autofiltering folders: 1 (1 active, 0 inactive)Last new mail count: 453Message size soft limit: 0 bytesMessage size hard limit: 0 bytesAttachment size soft limit: 0 bytesAttachment size hard limit: 0 bytes

I have a folder containing about 300 emails and I need to export the messages so that another person can read them in another email program. My version of PM does not have export or back up in its menu. Version info below. How do I export the messages? Thanks Tom Jennings Version 4.80 Jan 16 2022 build 1028 Pegasus Mail for Microsoft Windows Copyright (C) 1992-2022, David Harris, all rights reserved Electronic mail to support@pmail.gen.nz. WinPMail version: Version 4.80.1028, Jan 16 2022, build ID 1028 Language resources: Standard UK English resources (EN,0,LL) Extension Manager version: 1.14 Operating mode: Standalone User name and ID: Single-user mode, 0 Windows version: 6.2 Windows flag word: 0 WINPMAIL.EXE directory: C:\Pmail\Programs Home mailbox location: C:\PMAIL\MAIL New mailbox location: C:\PMAIL\MAIL TMP environment variable: C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Temp TEMP environment variable: C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Temp LAN-based SMTP support: N, N, N NetWare MHS support: N, N, N Built-in TCP/IP support: Enabled - WINSOCK version: WinSock 2.0 - WINSOCK path: WSOCK32.DLL Commandline: -roam -A Active -Z options: 32768 PMR variable: (None) PML variable: (None) MAI variable: (None) NB variable: (None) Autofiltering folders: 1 (1 active, 0 inactive) Last new mail count: 453 Message size soft limit: 0 bytes Message size hard limit: 0 bytes Attachment size soft limit: 0 bytes Attachment size hard limit: 0 bytes

Not sure exactly whatn you want, but this might help.

Open folder with messages and select all of them.
If all messages just Ctrl-A.

Then use ctrl-S to save them.
I generally use option to extract all to different names.
Give it a base name, and then click ok.

Did a test with my PM-NEWs directory with 20 messages.
It extract the files using base name PMNEWS.
created files pmnews, pmnews.000 thru pmnews.018

Files are the basic email messages with headers and body.

Might not be exactly what you want, or how to import that info into other pogram.

Not sure exactly whatn you want, but this might help. Open folder with messages and select all of them. If all messages just Ctrl-A. Then use ctrl-S to save them. I generally use option to extract all to different names. Give it a base name, and then click ok. Did a test with my PM-NEWs directory with 20 messages. It extract the files using base name PMNEWS. created files pmnews, pmnews.000 thru pmnews.018 Files are the basic email messages with headers and body. Might not be exactly what you want, or how to import that info into other pogram.

mikes@guam.net

If the other email client can access UNIX mailbox format (MBOX) then you can create one of those folders in Pegasus Mail and copy the messages to it. The resulting folder file an .mbx file in the mailbox directory.

If the other email client can access UNIX mailbox format (MBOX) then you can create one of those folders in Pegasus Mail and copy the messages to it. The resulting folder file an .mbx file in the mailbox directory.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft