Add-ons for Pegasus Mail
IErenderer Versions

I'm testing Pegasus on Linux Mint under the latest version of Wine 9.15

V4.80 you need to disable/remove IErenderer and disable bearhtml as expected, with the result that any graphics are a problem.

However Pegasus V4.73, with the included version of IErenderer V2.4.10.3 mostly works, there is a popup error at times regarding something not implemented, the message is not really indicating what.

I have tried IErenderer 2.6.5.4 and it goes back to not working.

I am wondering if any of the intervening versions of IErenderer would be available, that I could use to test to see if I can get better results.

Thanks

Des

I'm testing Pegasus on Linux Mint under the latest version of Wine 9.15 V4.80 you need to disable/remove IErenderer and disable bearhtml as expected, with the result that any graphics are a problem. However Pegasus V4.73, with the included version of IErenderer V2.4.10.3 mostly works, there is a popup error at times regarding something not implemented, the message is not really indicating what. I have tried IErenderer 2.6.5.4 and it goes back to not working. I am wondering if any of the intervening versions of IErenderer would be available, that I could use to test to see if I can get better results. Thanks Des

I'm sorry, but WINE only supports IE versions up to IE 6 which isn't even the latest version supported by Windows XP (IE 8 ), and IER won't work without at least supporting IE 8 anymore. And with regard to working without IER (provided you correctly uninstalled it using its uninstaller) you should update Pegasus Mail to v8.1 which would fix some issues which might cause trouble for you: Despite of being called "public beta" it's more reliable than v8.0 and fixes some renderer related issues as well.

I'm sorry, but WINE only supports IE versions up to IE 6 which isn't even the latest version supported by Windows XP (IE 8 ), and IER won't work without *at least* supporting IE 8 anymore. And with regard to working without IER (provided you correctly uninstalled it using its uninstaller) you should update Pegasus Mail to [v8.1](https://www.pmail.com/v48x.htm) which would fix some issues which might cause trouble for you: Despite of being called "public beta" it's more reliable than v8.0 and fixes some renderer related issues as well.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

I agree with IERender Author that Wine doesn't have updated support for IE dll since generally can call the Linux version of browsers.

I have a shell script that allows me to use the native firefox, chormium, or google browser with xdialog prompt. Would be nice to get the full IERender support. Since IE is eventually going away, and Edge seems to be linked to chromium in some ways, might eventual work with both windows and wine? Think author mentioned he was looking at it??

If interested could post script. Gives options for 3 browsers regular of private?
chromium-browser
google-chrome
firefox
chromium-browser\ --incognito
google-chrome\ --incognito
firefox\ --private-window

I generally check each new IERender in a test setup under root users, so doesn't affect my real setup under my user.
Do recommend the 4.81pb3 works great.
I use winehq-devel-9.15-1.1.x86_64

I agree with IERender Author that Wine doesn't have updated support for IE dll since generally can call the Linux version of browsers. I have a shell script that allows me to use the native firefox, chormium, or google browser with xdialog prompt. Would be nice to get the full IERender support. Since IE is eventually going away, and Edge seems to be linked to chromium in some ways, might eventual work with both windows and wine? Think author mentioned he was looking at it?? If interested could post script. Gives options for 3 browsers regular of private? chromium-browser google-chrome firefox chromium-browser\ --incognito google-chrome\ --incognito firefox\ --private-window I generally check each new IERender in a test setup under root users, so doesn't affect my real setup under my user. Do recommend the 4.81pb3 works great. I use winehq-devel-9.15-1.1.x86_64

mikes@guam.net

@msetzerii , in the past you have mentioned having good success with the rendering capability of TER/HTS which comes into play when both IER and Bearhtml are disabled. Where do you stand on that?

Also, am I correct that the process to enable TER/HTS is to uninstall IER and rename bearhtml.dll?

Finally, I also recommend v4.81 over v4.80. Its "beta" reference should not be concerning. It is rock solid and fixed some bugs that were in v4.80.

@msetzerii , in the past you have mentioned having good success with the rendering capability of TER/HTS which comes into play when both IER and Bearhtml are disabled. Where do you stand on that? Also, am I correct that the process to enable TER/HTS is to uninstall IER and rename bearhtml.dll? Finally, I also recommend v4.81 over v4.80. Its "beta" reference should not be concerning. It is rock solid and fixed some bugs that were in v4.80.

Also, am I correct that the process to enable TER/HTS is to uninstall IER and rename bearhtml.dll?

I can confirm this, actually the upcoming IER update will provide this as an option available to everyone even with keeping IER installed (which might still not work on WINE, though, but I cannot verify myself due to lack of resources).

Edit to add: I should mention that the built-in renderer will actually have issues with pictures, it can't deal with certain types and may not even download all remote images regardless of their types.

[quote="pid:56938, uid:28772"]Also, am I correct that the process to enable TER/HTS is to uninstall IER and rename bearhtml.dll?[/quote] I can confirm this, actually the upcoming IER update will provide this as an option available to everyone even with keeping IER installed (which might still not work on WINE, though, but I cannot verify myself due to lack of resources). Edit to add: I should mention that the built-in renderer will actually have issues with pictures, it can't deal with certain types and may not even download all remote images regardless of their types.
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
edited Aug 18 at 3:34 pm

In my case in my primary Pegasus under my user, I've uninstalled the IERender and removed all the BEAR files.
So it only has the TER/HTS.
I have also put TXML2.DLL in Program directory, since the TER32 has a link to it.
Don't know if it does anything, but since TER32 looks for it, I have it there.

Programs I have in PMAIL/Programs
AUTORPLC.PM FREEIMAGE-LICENSE.TXT MBXMAINT_UI.EXE.MANIFEST PMAIL.CFG SQLITE3.DLL WINPM-32.DAT BASELIB.DLL HS.EXE MIME-MAP.PM PMDICT3.PMH SQLITE3.EXE WINPM-32.EXE DEFAULT.BMP HTS32.DLL MLMRGE32.DLL PMHELP.DLL SSGP.DLL WINPM-32.EXE.MANIFEST DEFAULT.DHS ICONV.DLL MLMRGE32.FFF PNG TCPIP.DLL WINPM-32.PHC DEFAULTS LIBHUNSPELL.DLL MLMRGE32.HLP PR2DIS.TXT TER32.DLL WPM32_EN_0_LL.DLL DESETUP2.EXE LIBICONV.TXT OAUTH2.DLL PREDIS.TXT TEXTEDIT.DLL WPM32_EN_1_LL.DLL DESETUP.EXE LIMITS.EXE ORDER32.DLL README.TXT TPHONE32.DLL WPMSETUP.LOG DHUI.DLL LIMITS.EXE.MANIFEST ORDER32.FFF RESOURCE TPHONE32.FFF WSENDTO.EXE DICT.RLO MANUAL.PDF ORDER32.HLP SETPMDEFAULT.EXE TPHONE.BMP WSSETUP.DAT DICTS MAPIPM.DLL ORDER.BMP SETREG.EXE TXML2.DLL WSSETUP.EXE
FILETYPE.PM MBXMAINT.EXE ORDER.FRM SHOWHELP.EXE VIEWER.PM WSSETUP.EXE.MANIFEST
FREEIMAGE.DLL MBXMAINT_UI.EXE PCONFIG32.EXE smallphone.bmp WELCOME.DMI WSSETUP.HLP

In my case in my primary Pegasus under my user, I've uninstalled the IERender and removed all the BEAR files. So it only has the TER/HTS. I have also put TXML2.DLL in Program directory, since the TER32 has a link to it. Don't know if it does anything, but since TER32 looks for it, I have it there. Programs I have in PMAIL/Programs AUTORPLC.PM FREEIMAGE-LICENSE.TXT MBXMAINT_UI.EXE.MANIFEST PMAIL.CFG SQLITE3.DLL WINPM-32.DAT BASELIB.DLL HS.EXE MIME-MAP.PM PMDICT3.PMH SQLITE3.EXE WINPM-32.EXE DEFAULT.BMP HTS32.DLL MLMRGE32.DLL PMHELP.DLL SSGP.DLL WINPM-32.EXE.MANIFEST DEFAULT.DHS ICONV.DLL MLMRGE32.FFF PNG TCPIP.DLL WINPM-32.PHC DEFAULTS LIBHUNSPELL.DLL MLMRGE32.HLP PR2DIS.TXT TER32.DLL WPM32_EN_0_LL.DLL DESETUP2.EXE LIBICONV.TXT OAUTH2.DLL PREDIS.TXT TEXTEDIT.DLL WPM32_EN_1_LL.DLL DESETUP.EXE LIMITS.EXE ORDER32.DLL README.TXT TPHONE32.DLL WPMSETUP.LOG DHUI.DLL LIMITS.EXE.MANIFEST ORDER32.FFF RESOURCE TPHONE32.FFF WSENDTO.EXE DICT.RLO MANUAL.PDF ORDER32.HLP SETPMDEFAULT.EXE TPHONE.BMP WSSETUP.DAT DICTS MAPIPM.DLL ORDER.BMP SETREG.EXE TXML2.DLL WSSETUP.EXE FILETYPE.PM MBXMAINT.EXE ORDER.FRM SHOWHELP.EXE VIEWER.PM WSSETUP.EXE.MANIFEST FREEIMAGE.DLL MBXMAINT_UI.EXE PCONFIG32.EXE smallphone.bmp WELCOME.DMI WSSETUP.HLP

mikes@guam.net

I tried a few versions of Pegasus.

With v4.81 with IERender and Bear disabled the mails I have tested I end up with a lot of Grey filled rectangles.

Display wise the best result have been with version 4.73 with IERender enabled.

I tried a few versions of Pegasus. With v4.81 with IERender and Bear disabled the mails I have tested I end up with a lot of Grey filled rectangles. Display wise the best result have been with version 4.73 with IERender enabled.

Pegasus generally shows the gray boxes if the images are not actually included in the email, but have to be downloaded.

Generally Right click on open area in message, and select Show Pictures. That will download and then show picture.

Just test on message with the gray boxes, and it shows images after they down load.

Pegasus generally shows the gray boxes if the images are not actually included in the email, but have to be downloaded. Generally Right click on open area in message, and select Show Pictures. That will download and then show picture. Just test on message with the gray boxes, and it shows images after they down load.

mikes@guam.net

Thanks for that!

I think you have woken up some long dormant grey cells. I seem to recall the right click and download pictures function from many many years ago.

I'll have to go looking I thought there was a setting to do that automatically.

Thanks for that! I think you have woken up some long dormant grey cells. I seem to recall the right click and download pictures function from many many years ago. I'll have to go looking I thought there was a setting to do that automatically.

Think you are thinking of.
cat PEXLIST.PM
# Pegasus Mail Remote-linked Graphic Exception File
# Created on Fri, 23 Aug 2024 17:01:22 by Version 4.81.1154, Jan 10 2023

A:0,"00e5f981b846e2add485@members.ebay.com"

Created it by Right-click on message
Add senders address to
Allow remote graphics list??

Perhaps there is a another way to edit or add to it?

Perhaps others know more about it.

Think you are thinking of. cat PEXLIST.PM \# Pegasus Mail Remote-linked Graphic Exception File \# Created on Fri, 23 Aug 2024 17:01:22 by Version 4.81.1154, Jan 10 2023 A:0,"00e5f981b846e2add485@members.ebay.com" Created it by Right-click on message Add senders address to Allow remote graphics list?? Perhaps there is a another way to edit or add to it? Perhaps others know more about it.

mikes@guam.net

PEXLIST.PM WinPMail v4.30+ Pegasus Mail Remote Linked Graphic Exception File. The content of the option: Tools, Options, Message reader, Display Remote-linked graphics information is stored in this file.

PEXLIST.PM WinPMail v4.30+ Pegasus Mail Remote Linked Graphic Exception File. The content of the option: Tools, Options, Message reader, Display Remote-linked graphics information is stored in this file.

mikes@guam.net

Tools, Options, Message reader, Display Remote-linked graphics information is stored in this file.

... and it can be added to or deleted from using the reader's context menu like this:

66c8b4efca2ad

[quote="pid:56945, uid:2546"]Tools, Options, Message reader, Display Remote-linked graphics information is stored in this file.[/quote] ... and it can be added to or deleted from using the reader's context menu like this: ![66c8b4efca2ad](serve/attachment&path=66c8b4efca2ad)
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft