Community Discussions and Support
Worried about switching to Vista

[quote user="BethM"]

I am a long-term Pegasus Mail user (10+years).  Prior to this point with any new PC/laptop/etc..to set it up all I've had to do is install the program and then copy over my mail folder and boom it works.  I've always been able to count on just having to move the mail folder to whichever machine I need to and everything is current.

I'm now at a point that it's time to replace my desktop and/or my laptop.  My question is two-fold...

First, other than the winhelp issue and the default mailto, are there any other issues people are having with installing to Vista (either 32 bit or 64 bit) and moving their current mail folder from WinXP to Vista?

Secondly, any issues moving that same mail folder back and forth between a Vista machine and a WinXP machine?

Can't teach an old dog new tricks and I don't want to have to switch mail clients.

Thanks

[/quote]

No problems, and the two 'quirks' you mentioned have well documented solutions.

As for moving the current Mail folder between Vista and XP, no problems.  I did this between Win2K and Vista for several months. Just make sure that you set Pmail up the same way on both systems (single vs multiple users).

[quote user="BethM"]<p>I am a long-term Pegasus Mail user (10+years).  Prior to this point with any new PC/laptop/etc..to set it up all I've had to do is install the program and then copy over my mail folder and boom it works.  I've always been able to count on just having to move the mail folder to whichever machine I need to and everything is current.</p><p> I'm now at a point that it's time to replace my desktop and/or my laptop.  My question is two-fold...</p><p> First, other than the winhelp issue and the default mailto, are there any other issues people are having with installing to Vista (either 32 bit or 64 bit) and moving their current mail folder from WinXP to Vista?</p><p> Secondly, any issues moving that same mail folder back and forth between a Vista machine and a WinXP machine? </p><p> Can't teach an old dog new tricks and I don't want to have to switch mail clients.</p><p> Thanks </p><p>[/quote]</p><p>No problems, and the two 'quirks' you mentioned have well documented solutions.</p><p> As for moving the current Mail folder between Vista and XP, no problems.  I did this between Win2K and Vista for several months. Just make sure that you set Pmail up the same way on both systems (single vs multiple users). </p>

I am a long-term Pegasus Mail user (10+years).  Prior to this point with any new PC/laptop/etc..to set it up all I've had to do is install the program and then copy over my mail folder and boom it works.  I've always been able to count on just having to move the mail folder to whichever machine I need to and everything is current.

I'm now at a point that it's time to replace my desktop and/or my laptop.  My question is two-fold...

First, other than the winhelp issue and the default mailto, are there any other issues people are having with installing to Vista (either 32 bit or 64 bit) and moving their current mail folder from WinXP to Vista?

Secondly, any issues moving that same mail folder back and forth between a Vista machine and a WinXP machine?

Can't teach an old dog new tricks and I don't want to have to switch mail clients.

Thanks

<p>I am a long-term Pegasus Mail user (10+years).  Prior to this point with any new PC/laptop/etc..to set it up all I've had to do is install the program and then copy over my mail folder and boom it works.  I've always been able to count on just having to move the mail folder to whichever machine I need to and everything is current.</p><p> </p><p>I'm now at a point that it's time to replace my desktop and/or my laptop.  My question is two-fold...</p><p> </p><p>First, other than the winhelp issue and the default mailto, are there any other issues people are having with installing to Vista (either 32 bit or 64 bit) and moving their current mail folder from WinXP to Vista?</p><p> </p><p>Secondly, any issues moving that same mail folder back and forth between a Vista machine and a WinXP machine? </p><p> </p><p>Can't teach an old dog new tricks and I don't want to have to switch mail clients.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft