Community Discussions and Support

The perfect forum for discussions or technical questions about Pegasus Mail.

closed
gnzgasus posted May 2 '12 at 7:55 pm

[quote user="RobA"]I HAVE a macbook pro intel processor running OS 10.7.3 and I have been having problems getting PMAIL operational as well as many other programs and components in and around my computer.
BUT I found a great remedy...Snow Leopard. now everything works fine.
[/quote]

Hey thanks for the advice! I will be working in a Mac for the first time in my life and I'm trying to move most of my beloved softwares from Windows to Mac to feel like home.

Hope to get my email running smooth :) 

closed
Greenman posted Nov 23 '07 at 3:49 pm

Thanks, Thomas.

I disabled virus checking for the folder in question and tried to open the Main Folder. Pegasus froze for about 10 minutes then returned to normal without opening the folder. I clicked Open again, and it opened immediately. I moved all the mail into another folder (took a long time), then closed the Main Folder which automatically recovered deleted space - so another unresponsive wait.

I closed the account and performed a manual AV scan of the files - nothing was detected. I re-enabled virus scanning, and was able to open all folders without any problem.

Everything is working as it should. Thanks very much for your help.

closed
Thomas R. Stephenson posted Nov 14 '07 at 4:22 am

[quote user="EricT2000"]Greetings all.  I'm moving some folders from my file I/O based Pegasus Mail setup (using 4.41) to IMAP with Mercury (4.52) as the host.  One particular folder has 22500 e-mails in it, it was moved successfully to the IMAP folder.  But now when I try to open that folder, I get a message in pegasus that the folder is corrupted and that I should try to re-index.  But since it's an IMAP folder, there is no re-index option.  I checked the contents of the .PMC file (677MB large), but it's binary.  What are my options to recover the data?  Is the binary file-format publicized?  A different IMAP folder is even in worse shape; the .PMC and .PHC file are completely gone -- thankfully the contents in that one wasn't important.  Thanks for suggestions![/quote]

The folders are PMM (data) and PMI (index) with a Mercury/32 PNM file (new mail listing).  These folders can be opened with Pegasus Mail and reindexed if required.  All you need to do in install Pegasus Mail on the server pointing at the mailbox structure you use with Mercury/32.  This now will allow you to reindex the folder. 

That said since you are not describing the files and file structure properly there may be a problem with how you did the transfer.  A simply copy of the PMM and PMI files from the WinPMail home mail directory to the Mercury/32 home mail directory for the user is all that is required.  In addition, the IMAP4 protocol is very much more inefficient than the direct access so I'm not all that sure why you are converting. 

closed
Thomas R. Stephenson posted Nov 13 '07 at 11:22 pm

[quote user="Euromancan"]

Using V4.41, works great! I run two user accounts. One problem encountered in only one of the accounts (with by far the most emails) is that I cannot copy an email from one folder to another, or from New Mail to a folder. If I try to copy, then the program freezes. I can only drag and drop, as many times as I please, but I can only have one copy of a given email. Anyone else encounter this?

Quite odd.... Thanks! 

[/quote]

I've never encountered anything like this but you might want to post the Help | About Pegasus Mail | Info for the one that works and the one that does not for comparison.

closed
Greenman posted Nov 14 '07 at 9:55 am

ahh - it was my error. I'm pretty sure the synonyms file was out of date, I replaced it with the latest one and everything is working as it should be. Thanks again for the help.

closed
irelam posted Nov 14 '07 at 11:58 pm

If you have SpamHalter enabled you would still have to get to each user's NewMail directory and update WI_SPH.ini to code Enable=0, but why not keep SpamHalter alive - better defence in depth?

Martin 

closed
nick robinson posted Nov 10 '07 at 3:07 pm

Well, things got worse and eventually my internet connection collapsed as well. After several hours hair-pulling out, I tried this program

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html

and everything came back to life. Seems it was a corrupted registry entry.  Thanks for listening to my cries of woe ;)

[quote user="Rendres"]

Heya,

I currently use two different smtp profiles, of which only one works, depending on whether I am at work or at home. Generally, I use Identities to set my location, and there are no issues. However, I frequently forget to do so, and as a result, I have emails queued for sending that cannot be sent, unless I go into my outbox, resend them, and change the identity on the "special" tab. This also requires me to delete the first email out the queue. Generally, I cannot change the identity on that first mail any more, because it is already in "final form".

Any ideas how I can simplify my life on this one? Is there any (other) way of changing the smtp profile for an email that is already in the queue?

cheers

Rolf 

[/quote]

Rolf 

MailRoam <http://www.trigonic.com/cm/node/4> provides a solution to this problem. I have been using the free version (1.2) for several years...

Chris

closed
mushpuppy posted Nov 16 '07 at 8:12 pm

Whatever I did, in case anyone else faces this problem, here's how I solved it:

I had a new mail folder with some files and an Admin folder within it.  I copied all my old mail files into the Admin folder.  Et voila! My almost 10 year email history was back.

Thanks again to Thomas for being so patient.

> Thomas,
>
> Thanks so much for your feedback.
>
>  Where can I get more educated on how to use translators to convert contact to the address books?

For the address books use Dawn, created by Boris Zakharin

Dawn 5, created by Boris Zakharin

Dawn works with the following programs:

* Becky! -- Known to work with versions 2.00.08, 2.21.03
    * Corel WordPerfect Address Book 8.x
    * Eudora -- Known to work with versions 3.0, 4.3, 5.0, 5.1, 5.2, 6.0, 6.2
    * ExecMail / Simeon
    * Forté Agent -- Known to work with version 4.0
    * Internet Explorer / Outlook Express / Windows Address Book (WAB) 4.0 - 6.0 -- Known to
       work with versions 4.0, 5.0, 5.5, and 6.0
    * Juno 2.0 - 5.0 -- Known to work with versions 2.0.11, 4.3.09, 4.3.11, and 5.0.33
    * Mozilla (Seamonkey) -- Known to work with versions 0.6, 0.7, 0.8, 0.9.2, 0.9.3, 0.9.7, 1.0,
      1.2, 1.3, 1.6, 1.7
    * Mozilla Thunderbird -- Known to work with version 1.0.2
    * Netscape 3.0 - 7.1 -- Known to work with versions 3.0, 3.03, 4.0, 4.7, 4.78, 6.0, 6.01, 6.1,
       6.2, 6.21, 7.0, 7.1 (Netscape 8 does not have an address book)
    * MS Outlook 98 / 2000 / 2002 / 2003
    * Opera -- Known to work with versions 5.1, 5.2, 6.0, 7.0, 7.23, 8.01, 8.02
    * Palm support through Palm Desktop (read only) -- Known to work with versions 3.01, 4.0,
    * Pegasus Mail -- Known to work with version 3.12b, 4.01, 4.12a, 4.21c, 4.51
    * Pine (PC and UNIX) -- Mailing Lists not supported
    * Other programs which can use/import/export LDAP/LDIF, vCard (VCF), Comma Separated  
       Value (CSV), plain text, one per line or comma separated formats or store addresses in a
       text file suitable for extraction

http://mysite.verizon.net/zakharin/software/Dawn/

>
> Would you please expand on your comment:  "You can download
> all the mail to the local system and process the mail
> offline. "  I don't understand how that would work.  If it's
> not web-based, why would you have to download the mail to the
> local system and process the mail  offline.  I must be
> missing something.

I'm not sure what you mean.  Any POP3 mail client will download mail from a POP3 host to the local hard drive.  Web based mail is read and processed while you are online using via a web browser.  

>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave
>

closed
Thomas R. Stephenson posted Jan 19 '08 at 10:40 pm

> > My only guess is that this use has something running on this system once in awhile
> > that causes the problem.  This assumes that WinPMail is just going away and not
> > actually crashing with the standard Windows error messages.  If he's getting this
> > only sometimes, this also may be caused by really long filenames and directory
> > paths.
>
> This is correct. Peg just "poof" disappears. The file he
> tries to attach is always the same one. He edits the file
> each morning then sends it to several people. Always the same
> file always in the same place. I can try excluding that
> folder from the Symantec Antivirus program  

The "Poof" says something else is failing any the OS is closing WinPMail since it was talking to that something else at the time.   I'm not at all sure this is an anti-virus issue but I guess it could be.

>
> > He's going to lose a folder sometime, all it takes is having one system open filtering
> > mail into a folder while the other is deleting mail from the same folder.  This is
> > especially true if the deletion triggers a file compression.  The index is going to
> > take a hit for sure but it's also possible that the PMM file becomes unreadable. 
>
> He's been warned and he knows the risks . That's all I can do. The rest is up to him.

You want to know who'll take the blame when he loses that 1.5 GBytes of data.  ;-(

>
> > Are you also running Mercury/32?  Is it possible for this guy to use IMAP4 instead of > > direct access?
>
> We're not running Mercury here. Just Pegasus on a Windows
> 2003 Server and a POP3/SMTP server on a separate box.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ken

[quote user="tailwinds6"]

Thanks for the quick reply. 

That is how I change signatures. But if I close Pegasus when I reopen it the Default set indicated reverts to the old one in place at the time of the switch.

[/quote]

This says to me that you are not updating the pmail.ini file.  The first thing that comes to mind is you do not have the full rights to the mail directories.

[quote user="famme"]

Well I followed that step and I still cannot see my system.pm! or .pmr

However, I have located the default personal.pm! and .pmr files.

Is it possible to edit this default "personal" addressbook and follow the steps you have given me so everyone can have this addressbook?

Thanks so much for your help thus far.

[/quote]

Really strange.  In any case if you copy these two files to the same location as the WinPMail program file (winpm-32.exe)  then it will show up as both a personal and system addressbook for you.  It will be available to anyone running that copy of WinPMail as a system addressbook.

closed
tigershark posted Nov 5 '07 at 1:52 pm

I think it's better to have a good codebase to build on, then having a new release

with only visual things changed.

But to hear from you, that there'll be a next release within this year is very good. 

closed
David Harris posted Nov 5 '07 at 4:41 am

For what it's worth... I *have* got the ability to split a list mailing into multiple SMTP sessions on my to-do list, but I can't give you any firm timeframe when it might be available.

Cheers!

-- David --

closed
irelam posted Oct 31 '07 at 3:06 am

Hello,

try this.  Open the message and make sure you are looking at the html version (Keying in Shift F1 should bring up the Bearhtml help). Key in Shift + F1 again to return to the message. Now key in Shift + Ctrl + P which will cause Bearhtml to attempt to print the message.

If nothing appears to print, I suspect the message is damaged in some way, as you state that others are printing ok.

HTH

Martin

Actions
Hide topic messages
Enable infinite scrolling
Previous
Next
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft