Community Discussions and Support

The perfect forum for discussions or technical questions about Pegasus Mail.

closed
pmerik posted Apr 26 '08 at 6:24 pm

Thanks, Han,

That works fine. I have Pegasus configured that way, which makes closing/reopening more convenient than deleting multiple folders one by one...

Accidental deletion would have dire consequences, since deleted folders don't end up in the Deleted... folder. But is there really any such risk?

The folder delete confirmation isn't disabled by the Ask for confirmation before deleting objects setting. In addition, for ordinary folders (not search results) this dialog is pretty safe, as there is no way to confirm deletion with a single click or keystroke.

Perhaps the issue could be brought up again - or am I missing something important here?

Erik 

closed
David Harris posted Nov 5 '07 at 4:37 am

I had to scratch my head a little on this one - it's a while since I've used commandline delivery in WinPMail.

As best I can tell, there's no way of creating a window for a message from the commandline - you can only send the message. The usual intent with commandline operations is that they operate unattended, with no user interaction, and that's the way WinPMail's options work.

You could do this using the now ancient DDE interface in WinPMail (all these years on and I STILL haven't managed to understand COM well enough to implement it... *sigh*), but that would depend on your application being able to do that.

Another possibility (I haven't tried it though) is to use the WinPMail WSENDTO utility - just invoke it with the name of the file on the commandline and WinPMail should open with a new window set up with that file attached, waiting for you to address it. I don't think you can automate the subject if you do it this way, though.

Cheers!

-- David --

closed
Thomas R. Stephenson posted May 5 '08 at 5:46 am

[quote user="jonb"]

Hi

I'd really want to run Mercury from Linux.

I installed Wine and Mercury, it runs but how do I configure the ports ?

When I switch between work desks, the Mercury GUI stops working, did you get that problem, probably a Wine configuration problem ?

I'm running Wine 0.9.46 on Ubuntu Linux 7.10.

Windows has failed me to often and it is to time consuming to fix it each time, the only thing I'd like to hold on to from Windows is Mercury. Any help would be much appreciated

Regards 

Jon

[/quote]

I gave up on trying to run using ports 25, 110, 143 as any user other then root because you cannot use these low ports as anything but root. My Linux system is only used as a server so I'm not switching users at all. 

There is probably some way to configure Linux to allow any user to bind these low ports but I sure am no Linux or Ubuntu expert and most of the info I find is either bad advice or incomprehensible.  I've not gotten anything at all that makes sense from the people at Wine either.

closed
Paul in NJ posted Jan 30 '08 at 8:32 pm

David,

I use RQF files daily (and I sing your praises for making life easier!), but I don't believe that the 4.41 Help entry for RQF has changed since early version 3. Your tip wrt MI: isn't in there; nor is ID: which allows sending from different identities. (Moreover, it says "no parameter may be omitted," but is that really the case?)  

Are there any other RQF parameters we might know about -- perhaps one that allows the use of environment variables? [g,d & r]

closed
Ambassador posted Nov 14 '07 at 8:07 pm

Thanks for the answer - I can see now what has happened.

I had set up a rule in the Mail Filter such that all incoming messages to one of my email addresses are direct to a specified folder, as it is set to check for several identities when pulling down the mail. Unfortunately, I don't seem to have a workaround here so that only those particular emails are exempt from Spamhalter - or are there parameters in Spamhalter to do this?

Thanks for your help,

David 

closed
Han vd Bogaerde posted Oct 29 '07 at 9:55 pm

[quote user="Len Philpot"]

Using PM 4.4.1, Win XP Home SP2

I prefer all my mailboxs, folders, etc. to be sorted in reverse date order, i.e., old to new from top to bottom. I can do this, no problem, by clicking (once or twice, depending on the current sort) of the Date/Time column header, or by selecting "Sort by date" and "Sort in reverse order" from the Messages menu. Problem is, when new messages are added to the New Mail folder/box (only, apparently), it still puts the new messages at the top of the list despite my configured sort order. After retrieving new mail, I can check the Messages menu and it's still configured as I left it, but that's no longer the way the list is sorted. On other folders, it appears to insert any new messages (directed there via rules) at the bottom of the list as configured.

Q1 - Is there a way to enforce the sort order (refresh it, maybe?) in the New Mail folder (preview mode)?

[/quote]

CTRL+W will do, it's by design that new messages in the new mail folder sort on top, to prevent being lost in the sort order when many messages are in there. 

[quote]

Q2 - Is there a way to globally set all folders/boxes to a specific sort order, or do they have to be done individually, one at a time? 

[/quote]

No, but it's sticky, you need to do it only once for each folder you want that for.

closed
Eshtaol posted Oct 23 '07 at 7:21 am

Bless you Mr. Stephenson....I cannot thank you enough....or can I....LOL

I can't believe it was that simple.....I chose the middle one <g>

Appears to be working and I love this program.

Thanks again......the donation box will be clicked 

closed
irelam posted Nov 3 '07 at 6:15 am

This kind of truncation is quite common when users change the display pixel dimensions and change the font to Small. Applications are not aware of video driver settings except for pixel width/height settings and frequently make no attempt to adjust positioning of objects on their displays

Martin 

closed
angussf posted Oct 21 '07 at 7:00 pm

Alphabetical is all there is, sorry.

I've learned to deal with this in a couple of ways.  First, a space is a character and unlike Windows folders, PMail folder names can include leading spaces.  If you prepend one or more spaces before the folder names, they jump to the top of the list.  Second, I use the alpha sort to my advantage by naming the folders things like "PMK - Pegasus Mail 'Keepers'".  Then when I'm in the folder list if I type "PMK" the cursor jumps directly to the first matching folder. I don't really care what order they're in as long as I remember the first few letters of critical folders.

closed
lphilpot posted Oct 21 '07 at 10:56 pm

I had no problem reading my TBird addressbook - It was just that when it was written out for Pegasus, it never seemed to work (PM didn't recognize it properly). I would end up with an addressbook named "C", with no entries, and it would replace whatever addressbook I had before hand. I finally just created a tab-delimited file from my TBird addressbook and imported that OK into PM.

As for the mailboxes - Yes they showed up if I put them in the mail directory with an *.mbx extension. However, nested folders didn't work. A TBird folder can contain either messages or other folders, and PM didn't see them as nested. I just copied all the non-nested mailboxes, recreated the rest and then manually moving things where they needed to go. Took a little while, but not too bad.

At this point, I appear to be fully migrated, with the possible exception of a few rules, maybe. 

Thanks.

closed
mkskchun posted Oct 26 '07 at 1:30 am

1) We have the winpm.exe file stored on a central server, where a user opens pmail, that it directs them to their inbox (also stored on the server).  Is there a way to verify?

2) How do I check this?

Thank you,

Matt

closed
Minibyte posted Oct 29 '07 at 3:34 am

After a week of fiddling with their new downgrade... errr... upgrade, Earthlink seems to have gotten their mail server working. All is well. My faithful Pegasus is working properly. Apparently it was the server that was not in compliance. LOL!

Thanks for the help. I needed that information on Security Settings to get Peg working again! You folks are and always have been great to work with.

Progress update:

I did some further testing with a folder of 4 emails, all of which

should trigger a rule to change the messages a different color. 

Dist

List1 - combination of real addresses and alias names. Results: The

emails matching the real addresses in the list were changed, the alias

emails were not changed.

Dist List2 - only real address entries in the list. Results: All emails were matched and colors were changed.

Dist List3 - only alias entries in the list. Results: No emails were matched and colors were not changed.

Final conclusion: If the distribution list contains real addresses, a "scan list" rule will work on matched emails. It will NOT work with alias names.

The real problem:

The PMAIL help documentation says a "scan list" will work with either

an alias name or an address. That is not true. Even more confusing, when

building a distribution list by selecting the entries from an address

book, the alias name is what is stored. That would lead a user to

believe that the alias name can be used in a scan list rule. I find no

place in the help doc that says a "scan list" must use a distribution

list with real addresses. Can this anomaly be fixed?

Earlier in this thread, user "twonotes" was chastised for calling this problem a "bug". I'm sorry, but I have to agree with his statement that the scan list function does not work as advertised and is therefore a "bug". Either the documentation should be changed to clarify the problem or the software should be changed to agree with the documentation.

Thanks to all that helped with this problem. At this point it appears my only recourse is to go back and rebuild this distribution list using real addresses. Bummer!

Yes that is true.  When one of the salesmen got a blackberry I

forwarded all of his internet and local mail to his new email address

on  the Blackberry server.  This worked great but when

sending an email that involved  "Custom headders for this message"

under the SPECIAL tab then Pegasus would crash.   There are

two ways for the blackberry to get email without

exchange/groupwise/notes and tahat is by frowarding  or setting up

the Blackberry server to use POP to get the mail from our mercury32

server.  

hth  Randy 

closed
WindSweptCowboy posted Oct 20 '07 at 1:10 am

Angus,

Thank you for your thoughtful suggestion.  At the time of my problem, the Pegasus windows was clear of any subordinate windows.  Maybe my problem was that when I anticipated appearance of the options sub-window, I did not not notice appearance of the scrollbars.

You were correct that sudden appearance of scroll bars should have given me a clue.  When I was looking for the options window, I apparently failed to note the suddenly apparent scrollbars.  Thank you for your patience and your perception.

Actions
Hide topic messages
Enable infinite scrolling
Previous
Next
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft