Community Discussions and Support

The perfect forum for discussions or technical questions about Pegasus Mail.

closed
Mike posted Sep 19 '07 at 2:00 pm

[quote user="Ellie Kennard"]I have a friend who has been using Pegasus Mail for a number of years and is now going over to Mac. She would like to know how she can get her existing email in some form on the Mac.[/quote]

Apple Mail on Tiger (OS X 10.4), the current version of OS X, stores mail in individual files; Apple Mail on earlier versions stores mail in a version of the Unix mbox format. Either client will import a file in mbox format.

Consequently, you can simply make a new mailfolder in Pegasus and choose "Unix format" when given the choice and drag all the mail you want to move to that folder inside Pegasus's GUI. You can then find the mbox file and hoik it out of Pegasus's directory.  (IIRC, Pegasus does give a .MBX file extension to it, so Start > Search should find it with a search term of *.MBX.)

Now move that file to the Mac on a USB memory stick (the Mac can read and write to FAT32 formatted sticks) and run the import wizard inside Apple Mail. There's a caveat: Apple Mail will be expecting to find the mbox file inside a folder; so make a folder on the Mac (e.g., on the Desktop), put the mbox file in that, and point the import wizard to the folder.

[quote user="Pierre MAES"]

Dear Mr. Stephenson : 

Those 2 fields are :

1) directory path :

I type in (as example)  " D:\ ....\name of pegasus' user "

2)  name for mailbox in the folder listing : " bus staff "

Pierre MAES 

[/quote]

Try keeping it simple.  Use an 8 character folder name and if it's a Pegasus Mail user enter the simple username.

Hi!

I love Pegasus, but, of course, I always want more from it...

I'd like to know if there is a way to personalize the "Check for overlooked attachments" feature.

I would like to be able to edit wich words does it look for (especially, to add spanish words...) and to configure how many lines does the program inspect.

Thanks a lot,

Julian (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

closed
andime posted Mar 6 '08 at 9:47 am

Hello,

I have the same problem. It's not possible to store an attachment,

or put an attachment to a mail. But it's possible to open it for

example with word or so. I had this problem some times ago.

I deleted a mail with an attachment and the problem was away.

At that time I was able to recognised the file which produces the

error, but this I don't know it, because the problem exists for a longer

time. Has anybody an idea to help me recognising the corruped file?

Regards

andime

I did what you asked me to do.

It does not work.

The new mailbox (the default mailbox = "my mailbox") was recreated on my laptop (same Pegasus v).

I transfer once more by copying the data to my laptop.

The new mailbox shows up but empty on Laptop's Pegasus. Only the default "new mail folder" appears. So the other data that do not appear  are present in the new mailbox when I check the new mailbox's content through Explorer.

What to do ?

closed
mouse posted Sep 17 '07 at 11:43 pm

I found out what the problem was. I had set the preferences to compact folders after deleting 24000 bytes. When I increased this to 2400000 bytes, the behaviour stopped and emails clear again in a flash when I delete them from my inbox.

closed
irelam posted Sep 15 '07 at 5:01 am

The 160's are simply html blanks defined in the Windows 1252 character set.  The character set is selected in the Pegasus Mail menu Tools/General Settings/Advanced. There is a drop down list that selects the character set you want.  If you select Rich Text when composing or replyng to Html messages, this value is important, as it tells the recipient how to display text characters.  You also need to look in menu Tools/Options/Messages & Replies to make sure that Rich Text is checked, And also Tools/options/sending mail   the Generate multipart should be checked.

Martin 

The "Change user" function is heavily deprecated now, and will vanish from the next version onwards: the mechanics of maintaining this function are just too hard with the burgeoning features in the program. I'm fairly sure that this function is either directly or indirectly responsible for some of the more difficult to track problems in the program, especially problems with HIERARCH.PM and folder index damage.

Instead, use the -MS commandline switch to start multiple Pegasus Mail sessions for each user you have. This is much the better way of doing things.

Cheers!

-- David --

closed
bart posted Sep 13 '07 at 9:12 pm

I think Pegasus can do what you want.

Pegasus stores new messages as *.cnm files in the mailbox directory. Other folders (i.e. copies of sent messages) are stored in compound files + indexes.

Therefore, if you would write a filter rule that moves all new mail where subject <> "specificsubject" to a 'to be read' folder, your separate program could check for new *.cnm files that are at least 1 minute old (give the rule some time to do its work).
Another option is to write a rule that appends the message to a specific file somewhere on your system. Which is best depends on how flexible your 'separate program is'.

Writing filter rules is very straightforward with Pegasus - give it a try.

closed
Thomas R. Stephenson posted Sep 12 '07 at 10:15 pm

[quote user="Ted"]

I've been using, and promoting Pegasus since 1995 (using Windows - currently XP Professional SP2). 

Each time an update has been made available I've updated.  Problem is, although the version is listed as being what I have, the layout doesn't change and some of the features aren't available (I know this to be a fact because I've seen the layout and features available on new installations by other people).   It appears as if the original installation is still controlling what I can do and not do with Pegasus.

I doubt this since I've been upgrading since running PMail for MSDOS and WinPMail v0.9 over the same setup and always have all of the features of the new system.  If the Help | About Pegasus Mail shows the current setup then you'll just have to make the changes as required in Tools | Options to bring them out.

I have decided to uninstall Pegasus and re-install the latest version HOWEVER, I'm concerned that by doing so I'll loose all my address books, my folders, my signature files, etc., and etc. so I'm very hesitant to do so.   Could somebody help me through this process so I don't loose what I need??

The way to do a reinstall without losing any data at all in to delete the PMail.ini, State.pmj and hierarch.pm and then re-install the program over the current version.

Thanks

Ted

[/quote]
closed
aderoy posted Sep 12 '07 at 7:15 pm

There does seem to be a limit of 2GB for folder size. Could this be a possible solution?

Right click on the folder and select 'Information' will tell you the size of the folder. 

[quote user="MJSmit"]

Having the same problem after any distribution list - mine is only 8 recipients. A new message, not to a distribution list but to 4 people, refuses to be sent. The error I get (with last digits of IP addresses and parts of e-mail addresses censored):

[*] Connection established to 195.241.79.132
>> 0055 220 ESMTP smtp-out3.tiscali.nl. NO UBE/UCE tolerated.
<< 0024 EHLO [192.168.123.152]
>> 0067 250-smtp-out3.tiscali.nl Hello [192.168.ip.ip] [82.171.ip.ip]
>> 0019 250-SIZE 57671680
>> 0016 250-PIPELINING
>> 0010 250 HELP
<< 0054 MAIL FROM:<me@tiscali> SIZE=10751
>> 0008 250 OK
<< 0035 RCPT TO:<someone@hotmail.com>
>> 0014 250 Accepted
<< 0031 RCPT TO:<someoneelse@gmail.com>
>> 0014 250 Accepted
<< 0030 RCPT TO:<fook@gmail.com>
>> 0014 250 Accepted
<< 0031 RCPT TO:<bar@hotmail.com>
>> 0014 250 Accepted
<< 0006 DATA
>> 0056 354 Enter message, ending with "." on a line by itself
>> 0032 550 Administrative prohibition

This is saying that your server has setup some restrictions on sending.  ( it might be it does not accept a message with more than x number of RCPT TO: addresses) and the only way to solve this is to either get them to relax the restriction or use a different SMTP host (like GMail) that does not restrict the access.  I would recommend you talk to your ISP and ask them the same question. 

[/quote]
closed
cliffp posted Sep 13 '07 at 12:39 am

Thank YOU David and Nighthawk.  Your solution cleared the problem.  He was trying to clear spam in the wrong folder.

Cliffp 

closed
subelman posted Oct 9 '07 at 8:33 pm

[quote user="subelman"]

[quote user="David Harris"]I've just tried this here and everything looks OK - I see normal CR/LF line endings on the message once I have copied it from inbox to local new mail. Can you give me anything more to work with? I'm happy to fix this if we can track down where it's happening.

Cheers!

-- David --

[/quote]

Attached is a ZIP file with the following files with an example:

YFST76U4.CNM - CNM file as it is on the server

7X9M3YU0.CNM - CNM file as retrieved via IMAP to the local workstation. Note the the extra <CR> on every line

TCP000D.MI, TCP000E.MI - IMAP logs on the server

TCP0001.WPM, TCP0002.WPM - the Pegasus logs (-Z 32)

The logs have been edited to x-out the login and password, but are otherwise intact.

One strange thing: I had originally tried to create this example with a much smaller message (CNM file about 1.4 K), and the headers did not get the extra <CR> although the body did get modified.

When I repeated the test with  larger message (attached CNM files, about 4K) both the headers and body got modified.

If there's any more information you need, let me know.

Eduardo

[/quote]

I never got an ACK back on this. 

[quote user="malsmith"]

I double checked the ip's and names didn't find any typos.

I agree with your theory that the delivery is failing because the mx resolved to the inaccessible outside address and that the system should not get to the point of trying to deliver out since the is configured as a local address. 

It is equally strange that a test email - sent from the server 'send message' menu to postmaster does get delivered local to the admin user.  it seems like it is only the notification/failure notices that have the bad behavior.

(Thanks again for your help on this problem).

[/quote]

Is mail mail.momjunction.com entered into Configuration | Mercury core "Internet name for this system"?

Actions
Hide topic messages
Enable infinite scrolling
Previous
Next
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft