Community Discussions and Support

The perfect forum for discussions or technical questions about Pegasus Mail.

closed
dalet posted Aug 21 '07 at 1:37 pm

Hello

Thanks for that. As you say, attachments in the new mail folder can be deleted.

Dale Trimble

There are lots of pitfalls were Mercury/32 can loose the body. F.ex. if you have processing rules, filters, antiviral scans etc. You actually need to examine the flow of your own messages, one step at a time. You do this by pausing each server module, then examine the processed files after each module's processing.

closed
Phons posted Aug 19 '07 at 3:51 pm

Hello Peter in New Zealand,

It seems it's not possible to remove a photo within Pegasus Mail so delete or rename the picture in your Windows Explorer.

[quote user="adam"]

I have problems where messages clearly marked by rules in the new mail filter are instead being ignored. I have very carefully order the rules and I mainly move mails directly to their appropriate folders, rather than have them all in the inbox. Most filters are based on the To address contents but I have found that its hit an miss whether the rule is observed or ignored. Has anyone else seen this?

Regards,

Adam

[/quote]

I've seen this happen to me and 99.9% of the time i find that I've done something wrong with the filtering.   If something is being missed I would recommend looking at the raw view of the message to see if there is something different about the trigger string.

closed
vefatica posted Aug 17 '07 at 9:24 pm

[quote user="Thomas R. Stephenson"]

Right click on the message in the folder listing and select properties.  Make sure that the message is not marked read-only.

[/quote]

That was it.  But I wonder how it got that way.  I have never used "read-only" and I don't believe I ever right-clicked on that message.  Does "read-only" ever get set spontaneously?

I did find the following help document at the Bitdefender website:

http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB151-en--Virus-scanning-from-command-prompt.html

Converting the info here to what's needed in the CmdLine= code isn't straightforward, but this is all that's available-- I did a LOT of scouring looking for this kind of information.  So any other BitDefender + Pegasus users can hopefully use this too.

[quote user="Catherine"]

I am looking for help to determine what might cause the error "451 Temporary local problem - please try later".  The last 2 mornings, we have received this error when sending an email to a distribution list.  As far as I can tell, the email does eventually get sent, but we normally don't see this type of error.

[/quote]

It's the SMTP host on the receiving end saying it's got some sort of problem receiving your mail.  Probably running into a Graywall since this is typically the error message you will get.   

[quote user="chriscw"]I have recently been working on a company wide signature to be used in Pegasus Mail which include our company logo as a GIF file.   It seems to work well except that some clients noticeably Thunderbird just display a box with the word graphic instead of the company logo.   It even works OK with Outlook so I am not quite sure why we have this problem.[/quote]

If you look at the raw source of an HTML message with one of these signatures in it, you'll see that Pegasus is sending the image with a Content-Type of application/octet-stream.

I don't know for sure, but I think this is why Thunderbird won't display the image inline -- it doesn't like the MIME-type. It doesn't seem to bother other mail user agents, but Thunderbird apparently only treats images at images if they're sent with a MIME-type of, for example, image/jpeg.

Hi,

I just changed to an Asus board P5B P965 with onboard Realtek RTL8111B - Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet. Sending E-Mails a bit longer I also got the Socket read error 2746. I tried to disable the "Checksum Offload", but nothing changed. To solve the problem I disabled the whole onboard Ethernet (Realtek RTL8111B) and put a PCI-based Netgear inside. Now it works, also I am interested in using the onbard-ethernet.

Niels

closed
Dustoff posted Aug 17 '07 at 8:47 pm

Resolved!

And thank you so much. Being a bit computer

literate, I tried all of the usual clicks and copy techniques but my

older version of pmail just did not allow it. I just upgraded to 4.41

and it works like a charm.

Gotta admit that I would not use

any other email program and I continue, after fifteen years of computer

diagnostics and repair,, to recommend Pegasus to all of my customers!

Regards,    Dustoff

closed
angussf posted Oct 23 '07 at 4:32 pm

I do this often.  Just have Pegasus Mail insert the signature in the reply (Tools -> Options -> Signatures, check "Add this variant upon message creation" near the bottom of the options page), then you can cut-and-paste the signature up where you want it.

Or you can use the glossary method.

closed
Kidman posted Jun 25 '10 at 1:04 am

This issue still persists in 4.52. Every time I click the check/send mail button the handles count increases by 6 and the thread count by 1. Checking with Process Explorer it shows me, that on each click it adds 4 unnamed event handles and 2 thread handles to the newly created thread. The trace of the threads, that are being leaked are looking like this:

ntoskrnl.exe!IoIs32bitProcess+0x25

ntoskrnl.exe!FsRtlAddBaseMcbEntry+0x82

ntoskrnl.exe!FsRtlInsertPerStreamContext+0x48e

ntoskrnl.exe!_snwprintf+0x1c

ntoskrnl.exe!KeInitializeQueue+0x3b

ntoskrnl.exe!KeDelayExecutionThread+0x1c7

ntoskrnl.exe!FsRtlInsertPerStreamContext+0x48e

ntoskrnl.exe!SePrivilegeObjectAuditAlarm+0x240f

ntoskrnl.exe!MmFreeContiguousMemory+0x90d

wow64cpu.dll+0x42d9

wow64cpu.dll+0x40e5

ntdll.dll+0x1c846

kernel32.dll+0x18c0d

ws2_32.dll+0xd0b7

kernel32.dll+0x1fe37

closed
Thomas R. Stephenson posted Aug 14 '07 at 12:41 am

[quote user="hanky"]

hi, i'm a brandnew user of p mail (fantastic program !) but i'm experiencing this problem : i configured that p mail has to preserve a copy of my mail on the pop-server (because i want to read my mail also on other computers), but everytime i open the program and p mail starts to download from the pop3-server, he downloads also previously downloads so i get double or triple or more of the same e mails in p-mail; how can this be avoided ?

thanks in advance

[/quote]

1.    Go to File | Network configuration | (Receiving)POP3.

2.    Highlight the POP3 configuration file of interest and select edit.

3.    Unselect "Delete retrieved mail on host".

4.    Select "Download controls" tab and select "Download only unread mail "

Now only unread mail will be retrieved.  It will take a lot longer if you never delete your mail on the POP3 host.

Actions
Hide topic messages
Enable infinite scrolling
Previous
Next
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft