Community Discussions and Support

The perfect forum for discussions or technical questions about Pegasus Mail.

closed
Kidman posted Jun 25 '10 at 1:04 am

This issue still persists in 4.52. Every time I click the check/send mail button the handles count increases by 6 and the thread count by 1. Checking with Process Explorer it shows me, that on each click it adds 4 unnamed event handles and 2 thread handles to the newly created thread. The trace of the threads, that are being leaked are looking like this:

ntoskrnl.exe!IoIs32bitProcess+0x25

ntoskrnl.exe!FsRtlAddBaseMcbEntry+0x82

ntoskrnl.exe!FsRtlInsertPerStreamContext+0x48e

ntoskrnl.exe!_snwprintf+0x1c

ntoskrnl.exe!KeInitializeQueue+0x3b

ntoskrnl.exe!KeDelayExecutionThread+0x1c7

ntoskrnl.exe!FsRtlInsertPerStreamContext+0x48e

ntoskrnl.exe!SePrivilegeObjectAuditAlarm+0x240f

ntoskrnl.exe!MmFreeContiguousMemory+0x90d

wow64cpu.dll+0x42d9

wow64cpu.dll+0x40e5

ntdll.dll+0x1c846

kernel32.dll+0x18c0d

ws2_32.dll+0xd0b7

kernel32.dll+0x1fe37

closed
Thomas R. Stephenson posted Aug 14 '07 at 12:41 am

[quote user="hanky"]

hi, i'm a brandnew user of p mail (fantastic program !) but i'm experiencing this problem : i configured that p mail has to preserve a copy of my mail on the pop-server (because i want to read my mail also on other computers), but everytime i open the program and p mail starts to download from the pop3-server, he downloads also previously downloads so i get double or triple or more of the same e mails in p-mail; how can this be avoided ?

thanks in advance

[/quote]

1.    Go to File | Network configuration | (Receiving)POP3.

2.    Highlight the POP3 configuration file of interest and select edit.

3.    Unselect "Delete retrieved mail on host".

4.    Select "Download controls" tab and select "Download only unread mail "

Now only unread mail will be retrieved.  It will take a lot longer if you never delete your mail on the POP3 host.

closed
lesles posted Aug 20 '07 at 12:58 pm

Thank you Thomas for a long answer!

I also guessed that Content Control is checking (only) the "readable" form of the message (and with that the tags that contribute to it), athough checking the html tag itself does not fit into that.

It is possible that the person who wrote Content Control simply decided not to check (many) other html tags in order to speed things up.

I think that it would be a good thing to check also the html tags that usually contain information about the rest of the html document (at least !doctype and meta tags) because they very often contain telltale signs of spam. It could be done as one of the "Specialized Content Control Tests". For example a new test named "HTMLTag" with parameters for a html tag name and a string to search for.

[quote user="Dustoff"]

I would like to copy and paste, or move, long lists of addresses

from distribution lists to address book or back. It would also be

convenient to copy just the addresses from either to paste into a word

or text document. Is there any way I can do this? I have ver. 4.31 but

am about to upgrade to 4.41.

Thanks.

[/quote]

Copying the addresses from the addressbook is no problem, it's simply a drag and drop or a selection from an addressbook.  Going from a dist. list to an addressbook is more difficult and what I do is import the dist. list PML file into Excel  put it into the format required and import it back into an addressbook.

[quote user="slanoue"]

I recently set up a new Pmail on my new laptop. I don't know if I did something wrong with my configuration or not, or how to fix it. I am downloading Gmail with POP. It leaves some messages on the Gmail website. They seem to be ones with a lot of pictures.  How do I fix this? Is it the part where it says "do not download any messages larger then x byes"? If so, what should it be set to. Right now it is at 100000.  This is in the settings for retrieving POP3 mail (Download controls).

Thanks!

Suzanne Lanoue

http://tvmegasite.net

[/quote]

Change that 100000 to zero and you'll get all your mail.  You are limiting mail to 100K and very few graphics are less than 100K.

closed
Han vd Bogaerde posted Aug 8 '07 at 10:18 pm

Yes it's possible. Go Tools -> Identities -> add (see the help there) and create an identity for each "address" (or person/function) you want to be.

Now when replying to a message, just choose  the identity you wish.

You can even automate that by creating a folder for the messages from each identity, create a filter rule to move the messages into that folder and in the right mouse of each folder set the identity to use to the one you want.

regards

Your problem isn't with Pegasus Mail - it's something at a lower level. Error 276B is the code for "WSASYSNOTREADY". Here's the description from the WinSock error reference:

-------------------------------------- cut here --------------------------------

WSASYSNOTREADY (10091) Network

subsystem is unavailable

Berkeley description: No equivalent.

WinSock description: The WinSock implementation cannot

function at this time, because the underlying system it uses to provide

network services is currently unavailable.

User suggestions:

• Check that the WINSOCK.DLL file is in the current path

• Check that the WINSOCK.DLL file is from the same vendor as your

underlying protocol stack. You cannot mix and match (WINSOCK DLLs must

be supplied by the same vendor that provided your underlying protocol

stack).

• You cannot use more than one WinSock implementation simultaneously.

If you have more than one WINSOCK DLL on your system, be sure the first

one in the path is appropriate for the network subsystem currently

loaded.

• Check your WinSock implementation documentation to be sure all

necessary components are currently installed and configured correctly.

-------------------------------------- cut here --------------------------------

I'm sorry I can't elaborate much on this, but all Pegasus Mail is doing is reporting an error occurring at a lower level - it's not actually causing the error itself.

About the only thing I can suggest you try is to go into Tools|Options, select the "Advanced" page, and in the group of controls labelled "Load Windows Internet Services (WSOCK32.DLL)", change the setting from "on demand" to "always" or vice-versa.

Cheers!

-- David --

Hi all !

Well, although I checked my filtering rules before posting on the forum, I decided to give it another try since there was little chance of any kind of corruption in the filtering features of my dear Pegasus Mail. Note that this was the first suggestion of David, and it proved that I indeed put a rule that was not properly written, and here it is for the next idiots like me who should think deeper before crying out to the wolf : it is an expression based rule and it was of this form "if the headers contains *[special offer]* then move to folder X". Of course the error is in the use of "[]". Also, it is plainly trivial now that my problem had nothing to do whatsoever with Vincent's plug-in, it just happened that I updated the plug-in and put the new rule in the same period ... bad luck I guess.

Bye !

Ginhead.

closed
Thomas R. Stephenson posted Aug 14 '07 at 12:47 am

[quote user="chas"]

Hi Peter,

Thank you.

I can dowloand the messages using Netscape Messenger 4.8 and Thunderbird so the messages download. I've followed others instrcutiuons re: waht to input inot the POP3 Receving Mail and SMTP Outgoing Mail but it doesn't download the messages for soem reason. It says it's connecting the mail server but it never downloads.

I imagine it's the Settings but 2 Pegaus users said they were correct so I'm baffled.

I appreciaite your help and suggestions.

[/quote]

It's not the settings within Pegasus mail you have to work with.  It's never able to connect to the POP3 host.  You have to find out why your system is not allowing Pegasus Mail to connect to the outside world so it can connect to the POP3 host.

I have thought about doing this and I'm sure I could make this work, but it would just be double duty everytime I need to email a customer a system message ( IE I also use this for cc declined messages, auto renewal messages, etc, etc)....   I do that a lot during the course of a day ( I'd guess on average 25-30 times ).

It would be much simpler of course if Pegasus just did it.  David, I'd be willing to Donate to get this fixed, would that help?  I'm getting a bit desperate here, please help?

closed
irelam posted Aug 6 '07 at 11:35 pm

Hello,

If the message you want to print is an html message, you can try to use Bearhtml to print it. First make sure you have Bearhtml's attention by keying in Shift + F1. If Bearhtml help appears, all is well, key in Shift + F1 again to return to the message.  Now try Shift + Ctrl + P to have Bearhtml print the message.

If that does not produce the right results, you might try:  Edit Bearhtml.ini to state PrintSetup=yes, save the file then restart Pegasus Mail. Re-open the message and key in Shift +_ Ctrl + P and this time a Print Setup dialog appears with a Print Propertys/Advanced button. Check the setup and advanced setup pages for alternative tray selections and set as required. Click Ok to actually print the message.

HTH

Martin 

[quote user="qa007"]Hello!

Is it possible to find anywhere a step-by-step description how to set up a Gmail account in Pegasus Mail for MS-DOS v3.5 for DOS?

Thanks for your help!
[/quote]

It can be done but the effort required is way too tough if you are starting from scratch using some old XT/AT machine that can't run WinPmail..  If you are already using PMail with a POP3 account though you can use SSL Tunnelling to make the connection to GMail using the proper connection setup.

(a) -POP3-

Server host name: pop.gmail.com
  User name: <your_user_name>@gmail.com
  Password: <your_password>
  Server TCP/IP port: 995

(b) - SMTP via SSL -

Server host name: smtp.gmail.com
  Server TCP/IP port: 465

Personally I use PMail with Mercury/32 handling all the mail to the internet, including GMail with little or no difficulty.  It uses the same pmail.cfg file as WinPMail.

closed
lesles posted Aug 9 '07 at 2:56 pm

[quote user="David Harris"]

Works fine for me...  I can only fix problems I know about, and increasingly, I can only fix problems I can reproduce.

If you can tell me how to duplicate this error, I'll be happy to look into it for you, but I've just spent about ten minutes deleting, moving, adding and otherwise shuffling things in and out of folders, and in all cases, the title bar updated correctly.

[/quote]

I've seen this in all Windows installations of  Pmail I had or have done for somebody. Perhaps it is what mr. Bogaerde wrote, although I do not use the WindowBar.

Here are few window-grabs of my Pmail window (got new mail, moving to junk, deleteing) -> my Pmail window-grabs

Perhaps it helps you recreate it ...

Bye, LesLes

closed
rhs posted Aug 17 '07 at 9:08 pm

David -

You were on the right track, the issue IS with the NOS.  It could have been in the initial installation of Mercury and it's alias file or a migration from Bindery>NDS.  Either way, ConsoleOne revealed under a user object's Other attributes tab, a setting for EMail Address unilike the E-mail address attribute under the General tab, which is blank for all users in this eDir context.  The Other EMail attribute is not present for user objects created after the migration to NDS.  The Other attribute EMail setting had a 0SMTP:aliasname set, which was changed, the NLMs unloaded/loaded, and now the user's e-mail has the desired specification wrt Sender and Message-ID.  Best to tidy up by removing that Other EMail attribute from all user objects.

Thanks again.  Cheers!     -Robert

closed
jss1941 posted Aug 8 '07 at 4:18 pm

My, my.  What a compendium of mis-steps and disappointments!

It seems as though the biggest problem you encountered was trying to download several thousand emails, and failing to set the all-important switch in Pegasus to "download only unread emails".  That is why it started to download all of them a second time.  A common error -- I even forget to set this occasionally when setting Pegasus up on a new system.

All in all, you really set yourself up for disappointment with *any* email client the way you went about it.  Your past attempts with others should have given you a clue that small steps are better than big ones when venturing into unfamiliar (to you) territory.  But you just dove into the pool without checking how deep the water was.

Happy landings, wherever you email quest takes you.

Actions
Hide topic messages
Enable infinite scrolling
Previous
Next
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft