Community Discussions and Support

The perfect forum for discussions or technical questions about Pegasus Mail.

closed
Thomas_N_ posted Jun 1 '07 at 12:00 pm

Hello!

As the future options are concerned, there is an external program you could use for importing messages: Mercury/32.

Mercury is a mail-server program that also has IMAP-support. The basic idea is to install Mercury with its IMAP-support, then copy the messages from other e-mail clients to the IMAP-account (created by Mercury), then move that messages from the IMAP-account to Pegasus Mail's local mailbox.

I have never used that before, so I can only tell what you might do. The disadvantage is that you have to do so manually; the advantage is that the "transport" via IMAP follows standardised rules, so the messages should not be altered or get lost (to the best of my knowledge).

Another idea is that save the messages in a folder that is in Unix mailbox format (*.mbx-files when created in Pegasus Mail). Since Pegasus Mail has some (limited) support for *.mbx-files, one e-mail client could create such a folder, and the oether one (Pegasus Mail) would read it.

You could create a folder in the Unix mailbox format in the other e-mail client and then make Pegasus Mail (try to) read that file, either by copying that file to that Pegasus Mail user's mailbox directory (and renaming that file to an *.mbx-file), or by using the "Add mailbox to list..."-command (and poiting to that directory that contains the *.mbx-files).

As above, you should have to do the work manually...and again, the only thing I know about these conversion steps is the theory - I have never done that in practice, so I do not know about any pitfalls.

Perhaps, others can tell you more about that.

closed
dgrahame posted May 28 '07 at 4:26 am

Thanks very much for the explanation, David. It helps quite a lot to understand more about Pegasus' HTML technology (much more complex than I would have imagined!) - and also to know that my OS isn't screwed up somehow.

So how safe would it be to assume that a forwarded HTML section - with "Edit or make changes..." - will probably be seen by the recipient as it originally appeared in the reader window, even if it looks screwy in the compose window? At least in my experiment today, it did work out that way.

Dave

The problem occurs when the windows are maximized.   This

is the way I usually keep them.  I checked to see if the problem

occurs when the windows are normal.  It still does.

<>For

example, when I view the New Mail folder, whether I have the window

normal or maximized, I do not have the bottom scroll arrow.  This

also occurs when I view all of the other mail folders that I have.<>

<>Do you need any other information?

Please advise.

Thank you. 

<><>
closed
David Harris posted May 28 '07 at 3:07 am

[quote user="Dirty Harry"]

Okay, I'll try that, however, the help file reports that new mail filters are not applied to read mail.

[/quote]

The help is half right: new mail filtering rules applied when the folder is OPENED are not applied to read mail, but the on-close rule set DOES apply to read mail (it really wouldn't be much use if it didn't). On Han's prompting, I've made a note to clarify this in the help file for the next version.

Cheers!

-- David --

closed
arisme posted Jun 1 '07 at 3:16 pm

As of 06.30 am today 1 Jun 2007, test e-mails arrived at their destinations promptly. It seems the ISP is getting it's act together. Their website claims that test transmissions to all major ISP are now OK, with the exception of AOL.

It is disappointing that this turned out to be a non-event, in the sense that there was no technical problem to chase down and resolve. It was pleasing to find that Pegasus Mail was blameless.

Finally, it was nice to discover this forum, and come away with the comforting feeling that any future problems are no longer likely to be major obstacles.

Thanks, everybody.

Hi!

I use Pegasus v.4.41 on Windows 2000 and in May 2007 Pegasus and other programs started running extremely slow, something like 100 times slower, especially when queing a mail for sending and when closing Pegasus (and moving read mails from New Mail folder to other folders).

Now I have done a lot of experiments, and my conclusion is that some Windows Updates (probably in May 2007) destroyed the speed, because now I have restored a HD image from Oct. 2006 twice, updated the firewall, the antivirus and spyware, and done virus- and spyware-scannings but the second time I only installed the MS-Windows Updates up to April the 10th 2007, and now Pegasus works perfectly again.

My guess is that my PC has some kind of hardware problem that hasn't been activated until I installed the Win2000 updates in May...

closed
Han vd Bogaerde posted May 23 '07 at 10:21 pm

[quote user="Charles Gran"]

Is there someway to set the reader so that I can have 12 point roman for regular viewing and 10 point courier for monospaced viewing?

Charles

• xp sp2 

[/quote]

The first yes, when the window is in focus just select the Red F icon to set the default (non html-mail).

The 2nd is currently not possible, at least I have never seen this in any file, so the monospaced view (using F12 in the reader) is hard coded; it might not work in html view though.

closed
Kiwicom posted May 24 '07 at 1:23 pm

Thanks for your reply,

unfortunately up to the moment of this incident I never backed up my emails, but since then have done so once in every two weeks. 

I checked the corresponding mail folder files (FOL02A6C.PMI and FOL02A6C.PMM) and they are both still inside the Home mailbox location path.

When I said that the folder names were scrambled I meant the folder names that appear within Pegasus Mail (ID) and not the actual file names.

By the way, sorry for my late reply but I can only get online once in a while. I very much appreciate your help!

Kiwicom

closed
pbm posted May 23 '07 at 3:34 pm

[quote user="Peter Strömblad"]

This has been covered in many thread here. There are tags to your right for searching, there is a search-box where you can search almost on any combination of  words.

But, here is the best solution to your problem: See thread:

[/quote]

Thanks.  Having spent lots of time trying to find the thread that would answer my questions (posed on several different threads), I realize one of the downsides of this otherwise wonderful site: too many threads on too many topics that are too interrelated and too incomplete.... I've been on the Pmail list long enough to know that there ARE answers to most questions and that it is often as simple as a checking a little switch in one of Tools/Options boxes. The Pmail List had the advantage of funnelling all questions through a central station so that everyone got a quick glance at everything that came in that day (the digest is perfect for that). Here I've put my query on several different threads, all of them seeming to be related... In any case here are my still unanswered questions as I try to recover from the Pmail re-installation that has gone awry:

1. Signature names are there, but not the contents;

2. Spamhalter definitions (and whitelist) are gone;

3. Filtering definitions are gone;

4. Internet settings are gone.

5. Unable to highlight (and move) mulitple folders (to put into filing trays).

These pains, of course, don't include the perennial problem of having to reconstruct the folder structure, as the "filing trays" have been blown away.

The bottom line is that one of the major strengths of Pegasus -- being able to configure it to ones personal preferences -- is turned into a weakness: having to manually reconstruct months of finetuning.

Thanks.

--peter m.

closed
mouse posted Jul 18 '07 at 12:26 am

Does anyone have an idea why deleting messages is such an arduous task for Pegasus since I installed the free trial of NOD32? I disabled appending AV messages via IMON > setup > POP3 > no notification, and it appears to have sped things up a bit?

[quote user="mouse"]

Let me make that more coherent:

[quote user="mouse"]

I am very happy so far with my trial NOD32. The only issue it seems to have caused is that deleting emails from my inbox seems to temporarily (about 3 minutes) freeze up everything. I want to purchase the full deal, but I don't want to have the freeze-up whenever I delete a message.

In case it's relevant, I use windows XP.

[/quote]

[quote user="Peter Strömblad"]What email client are you using?[/quote]

I use Pegasus version 4.41. Thank you :) 

[/quote]
Actions
Hide topic messages
Enable infinite scrolling
Previous
Next
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft