Community Discussions and Support
Help: Mercury and Pmail on Windows 2003 Server

Do not install SMTP-services for IIS at the same machine as Mercury.
The IIS-SMTP listens on port 25 on all bound IP-adresses, and it is very messy to tell it to only use a single IP.

Do not install SMTP-services for IIS at the same machine as Mercury. The IIS-SMTP listens on port 25 on all bound IP-adresses, and it is very messy to tell it to only use a single IP.

I plan to install pmail and mercury on a Windows 2003 Server.  <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Do I need Mercury if IIS is installed on the server? 

Do I need to configure the server for mail services, or will Mercury handle that for me?

Thank You

&lt;P class=MsoNormal&gt;&lt;FONT face=Arial size=2&gt;&lt;SPAN style=&quot;FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial&quot;&gt;I plan to install pmail and mercury on a Windows 2003 Server.&amp;nbsp; &lt;?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = &quot;urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office&quot; /&gt;&lt;o:p&gt;&lt;/o:p&gt;&lt;/SPAN&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P class=MsoNormal&gt;&lt;FONT face=Arial size=2&gt;&lt;SPAN style=&quot;FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial&quot;&gt;Do I need Mercury if IIS is installed on the server?&amp;nbsp; &lt;o:p&gt;&lt;/o:p&gt;&lt;/SPAN&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P class=MsoNormal&gt;&lt;FONT face=Arial size=2&gt;&lt;SPAN style=&quot;FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial&quot;&gt;Do I need to configure the server for mail services, or will Mercury handle that for me?&lt;o:p&gt;&lt;/o:p&gt;&lt;/SPAN&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P class=MsoNormal&gt;&lt;FONT face=Arial size=2&gt;&lt;SPAN style=&quot;FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial&quot;&gt;&lt;o:p&gt;&lt;/o:p&gt;&lt;/SPAN&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P class=MsoNormal&gt;&lt;FONT face=Arial size=2&gt;&lt;SPAN style=&quot;FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial&quot;&gt;Thank You&lt;/SPAN&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/P&gt;

[quote user="preasoner"]

I plan to install pmail and mercury on a Windows 2003 Server. 

Do I need Mercury if IIS is installed on the server? 

Do I need to configure the server for mail services, or will Mercury handle that for me?

Thank You

[/quote]

You'll only need IIS to provide web server services if you want to install a web mailer Like SquirrelMail to provide remote access to the user mailboxes.  Mercury/32 does all the mail services; SMTP, POP3, IMAP4, POP3 Fetch and also includes a mailing list server. 

[quote user=&quot;preasoner&quot;]&lt;p class=&quot;MsoNormal&quot;&gt;&lt;font face=&quot;Arial&quot; size=&quot;2&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;&quot;&gt;I plan to install pmail and mercury on a Windows 2003 Server.&amp;nbsp; &lt;o:p&gt;&lt;/o:p&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/font&gt;&lt;/p&gt; &lt;p class=&quot;MsoNormal&quot;&gt;&lt;font face=&quot;Arial&quot; size=&quot;2&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;&quot;&gt;Do I need Mercury if IIS is installed on the server?&amp;nbsp; &lt;/span&gt;&lt;/font&gt; &lt;/p&gt; &lt;p class=&quot;MsoNormal&quot;&gt;&lt;font face=&quot;Arial&quot; size=&quot;2&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;&quot;&gt;Do I need to configure the server for mail services, or will Mercury handle that for me?&lt;o:p&gt;&lt;/o:p&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/font&gt;&lt;/p&gt; &lt;p class=&quot;MsoNormal&quot;&gt;&lt;font face=&quot;Arial&quot; size=&quot;2&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;&quot;&gt;&lt;o:p&gt;&lt;/o:p&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/font&gt;&lt;/p&gt; &lt;p class=&quot;MsoNormal&quot;&gt;&lt;font face=&quot;Arial&quot; size=&quot;2&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;&quot;&gt;Thank You&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/font&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;You&#039;ll only need IIS to provide web server services if you want to install a web mailer Like SquirrelMail to provide remote access to the user mailboxes.&amp;nbsp; Mercury/32 does all the mail services; SMTP, POP3, IMAP4, POP3 Fetch and also includes a mailing list server.&amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft