Community Discussions and Support
Adding mailbox to list produces empty folders

[quote user="Hy Freedman"]

Also, it appears that any filing trays created when the additional mailbox is live, will not appear when that additional mailbox is added.  I just gave up on creating filing trays and assuming they will reappear.  If I am in error please advise.

Thanks

[/quote]

Indeed the last is by design, that way anybody who access a shared (added) mailbox can have it's own traystructure. When you open an added mailbox and create tray's they are saved in your own hierarchy. So they should be available when you re-open the added mailbox.

[quote user="Hy Freedman"]<p>Also, it appears that any filing trays created when the additional mailbox is live, will not appear when that additional mailbox is added.  I just gave up on creating filing trays and assuming they will reappear.  If I am in error please advise.</p> <p> Thanks</p><p>[/quote]</p><p>Indeed the last is by design, that way anybody who access a shared (added) mailbox can have it's own traystructure. When you open an added mailbox and create tray's they are saved in your own hierarchy. So they should be available when you re-open the added mailbox.</p><p> </p><p> </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

Hello everyone,
I am a long-time Pegasus user and this is the first time I can't figure out what's wrong: I have some old mail stored in a directory on my hard drive. I used to be able to access that mail via the "Add mailbox to list" feature. Recently, I had to reinstall Pegasus. Now, whenever I add that mailbox, all I get is an empty mailbox in the Folders window with an empty New mail folder in it. In fact, I have just now tried it again and this time one of the folders of my backup mail does get displayed, but the others still won't show...? Has anybody had this problem or have any idea what may be the cause?

<p>Hello everyone, I am a long-time Pegasus user and this is the first time I can't figure out what's wrong: I have some old mail stored in a directory on my hard drive. I used to be able to access that mail via the "Add mailbox to list" feature. Recently, I had to reinstall Pegasus. Now, whenever I add that mailbox, all I get is an empty mailbox in the Folders window with an empty New mail folder in it. In fact, I have just now tried it again and this time one of the folders of my backup mail does get displayed, but the others still won't show...? Has anybody had this problem or have any idea what may be the cause?  </p>

[quote user="dieselpioneer"]

Hello everyone,
I am a long-time Pegasus user and this is the first time I can't figure out what's wrong: I have some old mail stored in a directory on my hard drive. I used to be able to access that mail via the "Add mailbox to list" feature. Recently, I had to reinstall Pegasus. Now, whenever I add that mailbox, all I get is an empty mailbox in the Folders window with an empty New mail folder in it. In fact, I have just now tried it again and this time one of the folders of my backup mail does get displayed, but the others still won't show...? Has anybody had this problem or have any idea what may be the cause?

[/quote]

My guess is a corrupted hierarch.pm or duplicate folders.  Might try editing the hierarch.pm when not running WinPMail and removing all of the lines where it says the folders is "Name_Unavailable" for starters to see if this helps.

[quote user="dieselpioneer"]<p>Hello everyone, I am a long-time Pegasus user and this is the first time I can't figure out what's wrong: I have some old mail stored in a directory on my hard drive. I used to be able to access that mail via the "Add mailbox to list" feature. Recently, I had to reinstall Pegasus. Now, whenever I add that mailbox, all I get is an empty mailbox in the Folders window with an empty New mail folder in it. In fact, I have just now tried it again and this time one of the folders of my backup mail does get displayed, but the others still won't show...? Has anybody had this problem or have any idea what may be the cause? </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>My guess is a corrupted hierarch.pm or duplicate folders.  Might try editing the hierarch.pm when not running WinPMail and removing all of the lines where it says the folders is "Name_Unavailable" for starters to see if this helps.</p><p> </p>

To add to this discussion, while working with 4.41 and archiving, I ran into difficulty in geting archived folders into an "Add mailbox" feature.  It appears that when opening the additional mailbox, and using the windows path file to the mailbox directory, one must use the same "name" as used initially.  One cannot assume that any old "name" will work.  Also, it appears that any filing trays created when the additional mailbox is live, will not appear when that additional mailbox is added.  I just gave up on creating filing trays and assuming they will reappear.  If I am in error please advise.

Thanks

<P>To add to this discussion, while working with 4.41 and archiving, I ran into difficulty in geting archived folders into an "Add mailbox" feature.  It appears that when opening the additional mailbox, and using the windows path file to the mailbox directory, one must use the same "name" as used initially.  One cannot assume that any old "name" will work.  Also, it appears that any filing trays created when the additional mailbox is live, will not appear when that additional mailbox is added.  I just gave up on creating filing trays and assuming they will reappear.  If I am in error please advise.</P> <P> Thanks</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft