Community Discussions and Support
unwanted attachment explanation

When I send mail with an attachment, Pegasus Mail adds a paragraph about what an attachment is and how it works and the advice to call one's system administrator for help opening it. I've lived with it for a while, but I'm starting to think some recipients might find it condescending, possibly even thinking I wrote it. The sort of person this message might have helped back in 1999 is probably only confused by the excess jargon now, when most popular mail clients show them the attached image directly. Is there a way to disable this feature? I use version 4.31. Has it perhaps been eliminated in a later version?

When I send mail with an attachment, Pegasus Mail adds a paragraph about what an attachment is and how it works and the advice to call one's system administrator for help opening it. I've lived with it for a while, but I'm starting to think some recipients might find it condescending, possibly even thinking I wrote it. The sort of person this message might have helped back in 1999 is probably only confused by the excess jargon now, when most popular mail clients show them the attached image directly. Is there a way to disable this feature? I use version 4.31. Has it perhaps been eliminated in a later version?

[quote user="Kevin Pease"]When I send mail with an attachment, Pegasus Mail adds a paragraph about what an attachment is and how it works and the advice to call one's system administrator for help opening it. I've lived with it for a while, but I'm starting to think some recipients might find it condescending, possibly even thinking I wrote it. The sort of person this message might have helped back in 1999 is probably only confused by the excess jargon now, when most popular mail clients show them the attached image directly. Is there a way to disable this feature? I use version 4.31. Has it perhaps been eliminated in a later version?
[/quote]

You can turn it off if you want in Tools | Options | Sending mail

Don't add "attachment information" sections to Multipart messages

Normally, when you send a message with attachments, Pegasus Mail automatically attaches a small textual section describing each attachment. The textual section includes the file's original name, size, date and type, and is useful to help the recipient identify and place the attachment. In some cases, for instance, when sending to fax gateways, you may prefer to suppress this information section. If you wish to suppress the section, check this control.

<p>[quote user="Kevin Pease"]When I send mail with an attachment, Pegasus Mail adds a paragraph about what an attachment is and how it works and the advice to call one's system administrator for help opening it. I've lived with it for a while, but I'm starting to think some recipients might find it condescending, possibly even thinking I wrote it. The sort of person this message might have helped back in 1999 is probably only confused by the excess jargon now, when most popular mail clients show them the attached image directly. Is there a way to disable this feature? I use version 4.31. Has it perhaps been eliminated in a later version? [/quote]</p><p> </p><p>You can turn it off if you want in Tools | Options | Sending mail</p><p>Don't add "attachment information" sections to Multipart messages </p><p>Normally, when you send a message with attachments, Pegasus Mail automatically attaches a small textual section describing each attachment. The textual section includes the file's original name, size, date and type, and is useful to help the recipient identify and place the attachment. In some cases, for instance, when sending to fax gateways, you may prefer to suppress this information section. If you wish to suppress the section, check this control.  </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft