Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Selecting of multiple attachments for deleting at once

Hi Martin,

Normally all of my users should remove the attachments manually after they have read the message and filed the attachments on our file server, means as long as the mail resides in the New Mail Folder. Here I do not need an automatic daemon which is checking and removing the attachments. But an additional button ("Remove all attachments"), when switched to the attachment tab within an opened mail, would be nice.

On the other hand, especially between the years when I create new storage folders for my users (every year gets its own storage folder), I'm making spot checks within the user folders and search for biggest attachments. I sort the folder header for 'file size' and remove manually the huge attachments between 10 and 40 MB. Insofar I would be interested in a maintenance program which is able to search for biggest attachments. Maybe it would be helpful when the file size, to be searched for, could be adjustable.

So far my thoughts on this regard

Cheers

Joerg

<p>Hi Martin,</p><p>Normally all of my users should remove the attachments manually after they have read the message and filed the attachments on our file server, means as long as the mail resides in the New Mail Folder. Here I do not need an automatic daemon which is checking and removing the attachments. But an additional button ("Remove all attachments"), when switched to the attachment tab within an opened mail, would be nice.</p><p>On the other hand, especially between the years when I create new storage folders for my users (every year gets its own storage folder), I'm making spot checks within the user folders and search for biggest attachments. I sort the folder header for 'file size' and remove manually the huge attachments between 10 and 40 MB. Insofar I would be interested in a maintenance program which is able to search for biggest attachments. Maybe it would be helpful when the file size, to be searched for, could be adjustable.</p><p>So far my thoughts on this regard</p><p>Cheers</p><p>Joerg </p>

Often we receive mails with a lot of attachments. Our policy is to save these attachments on our file server and delete the attachments afterwards within the mail to reduce the needed harddisk space on the mail server.

While the saving of multiple attachment files is possible at once, it's a painstaking detail work to remove different attachments. I'm not able to remove different attachment files at once but have to select and delete one after another. Think about mails with more than 20 attachments - and you know what I'm talking about.

I would appreciate if I could select and remove different attachments within one mail at once.

<p>Often we receive mails with a lot of attachments. Our policy is to save these attachments on our file server and delete the attachments afterwards within the mail to reduce the needed harddisk space on the mail server.</p><p>While the saving of multiple attachment files is possible at once, it's a painstaking detail work to remove different attachments. I'm not able to remove different attachment files at once but have to select and delete one after another. Think about mails with more than 20 attachments - and you know what I'm talking about. </p><p> I would appreciate if I could select and remove different attachments within one mail at once. </p>

Hello there

Just to let you know that I have been working on this on and off for quite some time.  There are two possibilities. Either remove attachments when messages arrive in the NewMail, or cycle through message folders ( via a choosing folder dialog).

Preference?

Martin

<p>Hello there</p><p> Just to let you know that I have been working on this on and off for quite some time.  There are two possibilities. Either remove attachments when messages arrive in the NewMail, or cycle through message folders ( via a choosing folder dialog).</p><p>Preference?</p><p> Martin </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft