Pegasus Mail Suggestions
"Searching folders for specific text" should work with all messages in the folder

While it is technically possible to do this, I would wonder why a message part would be defined as text/plain when I suspect the reason the sender encoded the content was because there were characters that were not plain Ascii.. Besides this the Utf-8 marker string is itself 8-bit characters. I believe the only safe way to do what you want is to decode the message part and save it to the hard drive so that any Anti-virus scan can examine it.  If the sender is sending plain text, he/she should not Utf-8 encode it (which would then require Base64 or Quoted-Printable translation).

Martin

<p>While it is technically possible to do this, I would wonder why a message part would be defined as text/plain when I suspect the reason the sender encoded the content was because there were characters that were not plain Ascii.. Besides this the Utf-8 marker string is itself 8-bit characters. I believe the only safe way to do what you want is to decode the message part and save it to the hard drive so that any Anti-virus scan can examine it.  If the sender is sending plain text, he/she should not Utf-8 encode it (which would then require Base64 or Quoted-Printable translation).</p><p>Martin </p>

Hello  David and Collaborators,

There is a problem with messages that arrives with base64 encoding.  

These messages are internally saved encoded so when we try to search a text inside those messages with the button  "Find" of the search folder, it can not find any text inside those messages,

Is possible that pmail also saves the contents of these messages decoded ? 

Here is a sample with a partial (raw) view of a message begining with the last lines of the header: and the boginning of the message content

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8

Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

X-Nonspam: None

X-PMFLAGS: 34078848 0 1 PQ05YISN.CNM                        

RGVhciBNci4vTXJzLiBKYWltZSBKaW1lbmV6LA0KDQpXZSByZWNlaXZlZCBhbiBvcmRl

ciBmb3IgeW91ciBwcm9kdWN0ICIxRE5lc3Q6IFNpbmdsZSBQQyAgTGljZW5zZSIuDQoN

ClRoZSBjcmVkaXQgY2FyZCBjaGFyZ2UgaGFzIGJlZW4gYXV0aG9yaXplZC4NCg ..... 

Thanks for your atention and for this great software.

Jaime 

<p>Hello  David and Collaborators,</p><p>There is a problem with messages that arrives with base64 encoding.   </p><p>These messages are internally saved encoded so when we try to search a text inside those messages with the button  "Find" of the search folder, it can not find any text inside those messages,</p><p>Is possible that pmail also saves the contents of these messages decoded ? </p><p> <span style="font-size: 10pt;">Here is a sample with a partial (raw) view of a message begining with the last lines of the header: and the boginning of the message content</span></p><p><span style="font-size: 10pt;">" </span>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8</p><p>Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64</p><p>X-Nonspam: None</p><p>X-PMFLAGS: 34078848 0 1 PQ05YISN.CNM                        </p><p> </p><p>RGVhciBNci4vTXJzLiBKYWltZSBKaW1lbmV6LA0KDQpXZSByZWNlaXZlZCBhbiBvcmRl</p><p>ciBmb3IgeW91ciBwcm9kdWN0ICIxRE5lc3Q6IFNpbmdsZSBQQyAgTGljZW5zZSIuDQoN</p><p>ClRoZSBjcmVkaXQgY2FyZCBjaGFyZ2UgaGFzIGJlZW4gYXV0aG9yaXplZC4NCg<span style="font-size: 10pt;"> .....</span><span style="font-size: 10pt;"> </span><span style="font-size: 10pt;">" </span></p><p> </p><p>Thanks for your atention and for this great software.</p><p>Jaime </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft