Notice: Undefined offset: 68 in /var/www/codoforum/sys/CODOF/Forum/Category.php on line 241

Notice: Trying to get property 'cat_name' of non-object in /var/www/codoforum/sys/CODOF/Forum/Category.php on line 241

Notice: Undefined offset: 68 in /var/www/codoforum/sys/CODOF/Forum/Category.php on line 242

Notice: Trying to get property 'cat_alias' of non-object in /var/www/codoforum/sys/CODOF/Forum/Category.php on line 242

Notice: Undefined offset: 68 in /var/www/codoforum/sys/CODOF/Forum/Category.php on line 238

Notice: Trying to get property 'cat_pid' of non-object in /var/www/codoforum/sys/CODOF/Forum/Category.php on line 238
Sudden IMAP problem (mailbox empty) | PMAIL COMMUNITY
IMAP
Sudden IMAP problem (mailbox empty)

Hi,

For a few weeks I had an intermittent problem while using PM 4.72.572 (It happened on my previous 4.70 too).

I have IMAP set up to see all mailboxes on my hosting, this works perfect as the mailserver is connected to (Port 993 via direct SSL) and the list of mailboxes is  displayed with the count of messages/unread. Two of these mailboxes (spam and catchall) show messages but when I doubleclick on them there's no list of messages.

When this problem started a few weeks ago, after opening the catchall folder with a few 100 messages only showed a random number of messages. sometimes 120, 50 or even none. closing and opening the folder a few times showed a different amount each time and after a few tries I got all messages as it always have.

I tried to refresh the folder (I always see the correct numbers then) and caching all messages but opening the folder again shows none. Today the spam folder started to behave the same and no matter what I try no messges are shown after opening the folders.

Pegasus Mail on my laptop is set up for two users and when using my account I can open the (identical) IMAP profile, get all mailboxes and folders (catchall and spam) open as expected.

What could cause this to happen and what can be done to fix this? Local folders can be re-indexed but IMAP doesn't have that option...

Thanks in advance

Maurice

<p>Hi,</p><p> </p><p>For a few weeks I had an intermittent problem while using PM 4.72.572 (It happened on my previous 4.70 too).</p><p>I have IMAP set up to see all mailboxes on my hosting, this works perfect as the mailserver is connected to (Port 993 via direct SSL) and the list of mailboxes is  displayed with the count of messages/unread. Two of these mailboxes (spam and catchall) show messages but when I doubleclick on them there's no list of messages. </p><p>When this problem started a few weeks ago, after opening the catchall folder with a few 100 messages only showed a random number of messages. sometimes 120, 50 or even none. closing and opening the folder a few times showed a different amount each time and after a few tries I got all messages as it always have.</p><p>I tried to refresh the folder (I always see the correct numbers then) and caching all messages but opening the folder again shows none. Today the spam folder started to behave the same and no matter what I try no messges are shown after opening the folders.</p><p>Pegasus Mail on my laptop is set up for two users and when using my account I can open the (identical) IMAP profile, get all mailboxes and folders (catchall and spam) open as expected.</p><p>What could cause this to happen and what can be done to fix this? Local folders can be re-indexed but IMAP doesn't have that option...</p><p> </p><p>Thanks in advance</p><p>Maurice </p><p> </p>

It seems it solved itself (with a little help from me[H]).

My PC remains on 24/7 and I rebooted about every 2-3 weeks but sometimes it would just crash (BSOD) before that time. All of a sudden (after the IMAP problems started) crashed increased and I started to look more closely for a solution. Searching for error codes I found that one of the Zonealarm files might be to blame in combination with allocated memory not being released when no longer needed. After upgrading to a newer Zonealarm the PC is up for more than 9 days now without a glitch. Mails are put back from backup to my catchall mailbox and no longer disappear.

<p>It seems it solved itself (with a little help from me[H]). </p><p>My PC remains on 24/7 and I rebooted about every 2-3 weeks but sometimes it would just crash (BSOD) before that time. All of a sudden (after the IMAP problems started) crashed increased and I started to look more closely for a solution. Searching for error codes I found that one of the Zonealarm files might be to blame in combination with allocated memory not being released when no longer needed. After upgrading to a newer Zonealarm the PC is up for more than 9 days now without a glitch. Mails are put back from backup to my catchall mailbox and no longer disappear.</p><p> </p>

What was the difference in the Zone Alarm versions and which OS are you using?

<P>What was the difference in the Zone Alarm versions and which OS are you using?</P>

Don't remember which version it was but now it's the latest ;-)

OS=Win7 and it's again steady as a rock at 12 days 4 hours and counting.

Don't remember which version it was but now it's the latest ;-) OS=Win7 and it's again steady as a rock at 12 days 4 hours and counting.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft