Community Discussions and Support
Intermittent attachment corruption

[quote user="KauaiGirl_917"]

I've been having a problem with attachments getting corrupted lately, so I tried to test it out.

I sent an email to myself w/ 2 word 2003 attachments.  one opened okay, the other said it needed to be repaired (which didn't work).

i forwarded that message to myself again and this time both attachments opened w/out a problem.

not sure why this is happening.  Any ideas?

[/quote]

How are you receiving your mail?  POP3?  IMAP4?  I suspect that the download may be failing to complete  properly and is missing the final closing lines.  You might try using session logging when downloading to verify the download.

[quote user="KauaiGirl_917"]<p>I've been having a problem with attachments getting corrupted lately, so I tried to test it out.</p><p> </p><p>I sent an email to myself w/ 2 word 2003 attachments.  one opened okay, the other said it needed to be repaired (which didn't work).</p><p>i forwarded that message to myself again and this time both attachments opened w/out a problem.</p><p> </p><p>not sure why this is happening.  Any ideas?  </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>How are you receiving your mail?  POP3?  IMAP4?  I suspect that the download may be failing to complete  properly and is missing the final closing lines.  You might try using session logging when downloading to verify the download.</p><p> </p>

I've been having a problem with attachments getting corrupted lately, so I tried to test it out.

I sent an email to myself w/ 2 word 2003 attachments.  one opened okay, the other said it needed to be repaired (which didn't work).

i forwarded that message to myself again and this time both attachments opened w/out a problem.

not sure why this is happening.  Any ideas?

<p>I've been having a problem with attachments getting corrupted lately, so I tried to test it out.</p><p> </p><p>I sent an email to myself w/ 2 word 2003 attachments.  one opened okay, the other said it needed to be repaired (which didn't work).</p><p>i forwarded that message to myself again and this time both attachments opened w/out a problem.</p><p> </p><p>not sure why this is happening.  Any ideas?  </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft