Community Discussions and Support
Random Outgoing Attachments - Help

[quote user="Earl Bridges"]

My first major problem -

Any ideas why when I forward an email, it seems to add one or two attachments?

Attachment may be either (most recently) WPM$5CI13.PM$ (the number changes but the WPM beginning and the extension.PM$ remains the same.)

I understand the .PM$ is a temp file, and lately the file is simply a duplicate of the forwarded message.

How can I prevent sending a duplicate as an attachment?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Using 4.41 version for Windows

Earl

[/quote]

In the forward dialog there is a setting "Forward any attachment the original message has as well". UNtick it. The Attachments you see are the variants of the message (eg html and/or plain text).

[quote user="Earl Bridges"]<p>My first major problem -</p><p>Any ideas why when I forward an email, it seems to add one or two attachments?</p><p>Attachment may be either (most recently) WPM$5CI13.PM$ (the number changes but the WPM beginning and the extension.PM$ remains the same.)</p><p>I understand the .PM$ is a temp file, and lately the file is simply a duplicate of the forwarded message.</p><p>How can I prevent sending a duplicate as an attachment?</p><p>Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Using 4.41 version for Windows Earl </p><p>[/quote]</p><p>In the forward dialog there is a setting "Forward any attachment the original message has as well". UNtick it. The Attachments you see are the variants of the message (eg html and/or plain text).</p><p>  </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

My first major problem -

Any ideas why when I forward an email, it seems to add one or two attachments?

Attachment may be either (most recently) WPM$5CI13.PM$ (the number changes but the WPM beginning and the extension.PM$ remains the same.)

I understand the .PM$ is a temp file, and lately the file is simply a duplicate of the forwarded message.

How can I prevent sending a duplicate as an attachment?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Using 4.41 version for Windows

Earl

<p>My first major problem -</p><p>Any ideas why when I forward an email, it seems to add one or two attachments?</p><p>Attachment may be either (most recently) WPM$5CI13.PM$ (the number changes but the WPM beginning and the extension.PM$ remains the same.)</p><p>I understand the .PM$ is a temp file, and lately the file is simply a duplicate of the forwarded message.</p><p>How can I prevent sending a duplicate as an attachment?</p><p>Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Using 4.41 version for Windows </p><p>  Earl  </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft