Community Discussions and Support
Mercury v4.8 crashes immediately

A couple of thoughts...

The path where you placed the copy must be identical to what you had on the Win7 machine.  Same goes for the configured paths to mail folders, logs, queues, etc.  A subsequent install would require removal of the copy first as Greenman noted.

Be sure Mercury is not be installed inside of \Program Files.

As for any commandline options, the help file mentions mercury.exe commandline switches in the section about loader.exe but only by reference.  I can not find details on what they are either.

<p>A couple of thoughts... </p><p>The path where you placed the copy must be identical to what you had on the Win7 machine.  Same goes for the configured paths to mail folders, logs, queues, etc.  A subsequent install would require removal of the copy first as Greenman noted. </p><p>Be sure Mercury is not be installed inside of \Program Files.</p><p>As for any commandline options, the help file mentions mercury.exe commandline switches in the section about loader.exe but only by reference.  I can not find details on what they are either. </p>

As soon as I start Mercury.exe it crashes.  The screen displays for a fraction of a second, and then goes away.  A .dmp file is created in the mercury folder.  There is nothing in the LOGS or QUEUE folders.  This is on a Windows 2012 64 bit system.  I copied my MERCURY folder from a running Windows 7 system, and I also tried doing a clean install.  Both cases result in the same problem.  Any suggestions?

As soon as I start Mercury.exe it crashes.  The screen displays for a fraction of a second, and then goes away.  A .dmp file is created in the mercury folder.  There is nothing in the LOGS or QUEUE folders.  This is on a Windows 2012 64 bit system.  I copied my MERCURY folder from a running Windows 7 system, and I also tried doing a clean install.  Both cases result in the same problem.  Any suggestions?

If you copied the installation from your Win 7 machine, did you remove it before trying a clean install. I thought there may be commandline options available to launch Mercury in 'troubleshooting' or logging mode, but cannot see anything in the manual. Does anyone else know if there are options available that are not documented?

If you copied the installation from your Win 7 machine, did you remove it before trying a clean install. I thought there may be commandline options available to launch Mercury in 'troubleshooting' or logging mode, but cannot see anything in the manual. Does anyone else know if there are options available that are not documented?
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft