Community Discussions and Support
Block high level domain help

Hi!

I think you should use some status code after "R". From transaction filter example file:

H, "*192.156.225.44*", R, "554 Get out of here, you worthless scumbag."

Regards

Jyrki 

<p>Hi!</p><p> I think you should use some status code after "R". From transaction filter example file:</p><p><span style="font-size: 10pt;"> </span>H, "*192.156.225.44*", R, "554 Get out of here, you worthless scumbag."</p><p> </p><p>Regards</p><p>Jyrki </p>

Hello, long time user, first time post...

I decided to get serious about spam and after doing some simple analysis, it seems like the majority of it comes form xxx@yyy.zzz.top, with .top being the operative word.  I use about 10 devices to get my email and on some of them, namely iOS bound, I can't setup filtering rules.  So I tried using the filtering in Mercury without luck and I then tried transaction level and finally killfile.

Focusing on killfile, I tried both of the following without luck:

M, "*.top*", r

H, "*.top*", r

The other domains I would like to block are: .science; .win; .kim.  I know this is pretty restrictive but I would like to start there for now.

Mail is still getting through, what should I do?

and btw, overall, for the years I've been using mercury as my private email server, it has been great.  I do get crashes when the mail files get too large, but now that I realized the source of the issue, it hasn't crashed in ages.

Again, thanks for the help.

Jerry 

<p>Hello, long time user, first time post...</p><p> I decided to get serious about spam and after doing some simple analysis, it seems like the majority of it comes form xxx@yyy.zzz.top, with .top being the operative word.  I use about 10 devices to get my email and on some of them, namely iOS bound, I can't setup filtering rules.  So I tried using the filtering in Mercury without luck and I then tried transaction level and finally killfile.</p><p> Focusing on killfile, I tried both of the following without luck:</p><p> M, "*.top*", r</p><p><span style="font-size: 10pt;">H, "*.top*", r</span></p><p>The other domains I would like to block are: .science; .win; .kim.  I know this is pretty restrictive but I would like to start there for now.</p><p><font size="2">Mail is still getting through, what </font>should<font size="2"> I do?</font></p><p> </p><p>and btw, overall, for the years I've been using mercury as my private email server, it has been great.  I do get crashes when the mail files get too large, but now that I realized the source of the issue, it hasn't crashed in ages.</p><p> </p><p> Again, thanks for the help.</p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size: 10pt;">Jerry </span></p><p><font size="2"> </font></p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft