Community Discussions and Support
Sort mails by date in the INBOX folder (_INBOX_.pnm)

[quote user="Rolf Lindby"]Sorting of messages is expected to happen client-side ...[/quote]

Full Acknowledge. But K-9 Mail (Android) is reading only the last 25 (or 50/75/etc) mails from the inbox.pnm index.

[quote user="Rolf Lindby"]And I don't think the

server is aware of headers or other content in CNM files when updating

the _INBOX_.PNM file.

[/quote]

I had  the problem after a rebuild of the index.pnm, for testing a lots of new problems with Mercury, like permanent mail downloads & out of disk space messages, which were present due the update from Thunderbird 24.x to Thunderbird 38.x. on some PCs.

<p>[quote user="Rolf Lindby"]Sorting of messages is expected to happen client-side ...[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>F<span class="st">ull Acknowledge. But K-9 Mail (Android) is reading only the last 25 (or 50/75/etc) mails from the inbox.pnm index. </span></p> <p>[quote user="Rolf Lindby"]And I don't think the server is aware of headers or other content in CNM files when updating the _INBOX_.PNM file. </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>I had  the problem after a rebuild of the index.pnm, for testing a lots of new problems with Mercury, like permanent mail downloads & out of disk space messages, which were present due the update from Thunderbird 24.x to Thunderbird 38.x. on some PCs. </p><p> </p>

Hello,

is it possible to sort all mails by the date-mailheader or the *.cnm-files by the filedate in the _INBOX_.pnm file?

Best regards,

Thomas

<p>Hello, </p><p>is it possible to sort all mails by the date-mailheader or the *.cnm-files by the filedate in the _INBOX_.pnm file?</p><p> </p><p>Best regards,</p><p>Thomas </p><p> </p><p> </p>

Sorting of messages is expected to happen client-side so it wouldn't make much difference. And I don't think the server is aware of headers or other content in CNM files when updating the _INBOX_.PNM file.

<p>Sorting of messages is expected to happen client-side so it wouldn't make much difference. And I don't think the server is aware of headers or other content in CNM files when updating the _INBOX_.PNM file.</p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft