Community Discussions and Support
Mapi Mail Error

Please make sure you are using Mapipm.dll version 1.9.3 dated Mar 26, 2014, as this appears to fix your problem. I discovered a previous user had this problem, which has now gone away. You should be seeing a Pegasus Mail compose message screen with no recipients in the To: field, which you can now add.

You can download version 1.9.3 from;
http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/pegadd/entry40687.aspx

Martin

<p>Please make sure you are using Mapipm.dll version 1.9.3 dated Mar 26, 2014, as this appears to fix your problem. I discovered a previous user had this problem, which has now gone away. You should be seeing a Pegasus Mail compose message screen with no recipients in the To: field, which you can now add.</p><p>You can download version 1.9.3 from; http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/pegadd/entry40687.aspx</p><p>Martin </p>

Hi

I'm using Omni Accounting to send out customer statements.

I used setpmdefault to get Pmail (V4.72) to be default mailer.

When I try to  send out customer statements, Pmail is invoked. No message is generated.

The  Omni Accounting package gives this error:

Access violation at address 08CB7CD1 in module 'MAPIPM.DLL'. Read of address 00000000

If I set Thunderbird to default, mapi works with it.

Any pointers?

Regards

Basheer

<p>Hi</p><p>I'm using Omni Accounting to send out customer statements.</p><p>I used setpmdefault to get Pmail (V4.72) to be default mailer. </p><p> When I try to  send out customer statements, Pmail is invoked. No message is generated.</p><p> The  Omni Accounting package gives this error: </p><p> Access violation at address 08CB7CD1 in module 'MAPIPM.DLL'. Read of address 00000000 </p><p>If I set Thunderbird to default, mapi works with it.</p><p>Any pointers?</p><p>Regards</p><p>Basheer </p><p> </p>

Please examine MAPIPM.LOG in your newmail directory. Most errors get recorded there. If it is not clear to you what the contents are telling you, please forward the Mapipm.log to me (irelam@telus.net).  Also please test the basic function of Mapipm.dll in Windows Explorer. Right click on a text file, and select the SendTo list and below that list select Pegasus Mail.  You should be presented with a Pegasus mail message compose screen. all being well. Add a recipient to the "To:" line, Add a subject line, and then click Send. You should have sent yourself a message with an attachment.

If that works, repeat the testing by pointing to the real file you were attempting to send.

Martin

<p>Please examine MAPIPM.LOG in your newmail directory. Most errors get recorded there. If it is not clear to you what the contents are telling you, please forward the Mapipm.log to me (irelam@telus.net).  Also please test the basic function of Mapipm.dll in Windows Explorer. Right click on a text file, and select the SendTo list and below that list select Pegasus Mail.  You should be presented with a Pegasus mail message compose screen. all being well. Add a recipient to the "To:" line, Add a subject line, and then click Send. You should have sent yourself a message with an attachment.</p><p>If that works, repeat the testing by pointing to the real file you were attempting to send. </p><p>Martin </p>

Hi Martin

I have emailed you the log file.

If I right click in explorer, I can successfully use the send to function to invoke PM and email a file.

Regards

Basheer

<p>Hi Martin</p><p>I have emailed you the log file.</p><p>If I right click in explorer, I can successfully use the send to function to invoke PM and email a file.</p><p> </p><p>Regards</p><p> </p><p>Basheer </p>

Hello,

I received your Mapipm.log, and gave it a quick look. The only thing that jumps out to me is that the "Recipient:" line is empty. If no recipient is supplied this line should not appear, and instead you should get a Pegasus Mail Compose Message screen with the attachment info already applied. You would then add the recipient email address and click 'Send".  The original subject line seems to be ok. I suspect what is happening is that the recipient info is just a blank character, but should be empty.

The Windows Explorer trial shows what should be happening, with the Pegasus Mail Compose screen, which leads me to believe that the data is corrupt or missing. I had not put much validation into this part of the process. I will check further this weekend and maybe able to provide a solution quite quickly.

Martin.

<p>Hello,</p><p>  I received your Mapipm.log, and gave it a quick look. The only thing that jumps out to me is that the "Recipient:" line is empty. If no recipient is supplied this line should not appear, and instead you should get a Pegasus Mail Compose Message screen with the attachment info already applied. You would then add the recipient email address and click 'Send".  The original subject line seems to be ok. I suspect what is happening is that the recipient info is just a blank character, but should be empty.</p><p>The Windows Explorer trial shows what should be happening, with the Pegasus Mail Compose screen, which leads me to believe that the data is corrupt or missing. I had not put much validation into this part of the process. I will check further this weekend and maybe able to provide a solution quite quickly.</p><p>Martin. </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft