Community Discussions and Support
Microsoft Clustering

There is no reason I can think of why it shouldn't work as long as it is installed to the cluster and the email comes in on the virtual IP.

There is no reason I can think of why it shouldn't work as long as it is installed to the cluster and the email comes in on the virtual IP.

Hi

A quick question. Is it possible to run Mercury/32 on a Microsoft cluster. If yes, is there and documentation on the setup available?

Thanks in advance

Ian

<P>Hi</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>A quick question. Is it possible to run Mercury/32 on a Microsoft cluster. If yes, is there and documentation on the setup available?</P> <P>Thanks in advance</P> <P>Ian</P>

I have no access to a Microsoft cluster (indeed, I have to be honest and say that I'm not even sure what it is). As a result, I can't offer any assistance, nor can I easily make any changes that might be required.

Cheers!

-- David --

I have no access to a Microsoft cluster (indeed, I have to be honest and say that I'm not even sure what it is). As a result, I can't offer any assistance, nor can I easily make any changes that might be required. Cheers! -- David --

Hi

This link explains Microsoft clustering better than I ever can. Please have a look and let me know your feeling regarding installing Mercy on one of these configurations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Cluster_Server

Thanks

Ian 

<p>Hi</p><p>This link explains Microsoft clustering better than I ever can. Please have a look and let me know your feeling regarding installing Mercy on one of these configurations.</p><p> </p><p>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Cluster_Server</p><p> Thanks</p><p> </p><p>Ian </p><p> </p>

The article states: "As of today windows cluster servers are not considered very efficient and reliable due to the lack of experience that..."

I think that just about wraps this subject - but nevertheless, failover MX hosts is still on many wishlists.

<P>The article states: "<EM>As of today windows cluster servers are not considered very efficient and reliable due to the lack of experience that...</EM>"</P> <P>I think that just about wraps this subject - but nevertheless, failover MX hosts is still on many wishlists.</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft