Community Discussions and Support
smtp basic authentication

Hello Rolf

Thank you for your answer.

You are correct. I was so confused of this buggy program megaraid monitor, that I mixed something up.

a sniff by wireshark showed that:

The problems were

a) the router that was not forwarding the non standard port 2529 to 25

b) the buggy megaraid, that did not take the port 2529 but sent the message to port 25

Uff

<p>Hello Rolf</p><p>Thank you for your answer.</p><p> You are correct. I was so confused of this buggy program megaraid monitor, that I mixed something up.</p><p>a sniff by wireshark showed that: </p><p>The problems were </p><p>a) the router that was not forwarding the non standard port 2529 to 25</p><p>b) the buggy megaraid, that did not take the port 2529 but sent the message to port 25</p><p>Uff</p><p> </p>

Hello

A Raid Controller (LSI/Avago Megaraid with Software) from a remote server tries to send messages in case of failures, but it supports only "smtp basic authentication".

The mercuryS SMTP help file  states, that "Mercury supports three Authentication methods - CRAM-MD5, PLAIN and LOGIN" So there is no connection.

Is there any way to make mercury get the message?

Thank you very much for any help!

MIChael

<p>Hello</p><p>A Raid Controller (LSI/Avago Megaraid with Software) from a remote server tries to send messages in case of failures, but it supports only "smtp basic authentication". </p><p>The mercuryS SMTP help file  states, that "Mercury supports three Authentication methods - CRAM-MD5, PLAIN and LOGIN" So there is no connection. </p><p>Is there any way to make mercury get the message?</p><p>Thank you very much for any help!</p><p>MIChael </p>

According to this link it seems that it's in fact LOGIN authentication that Megaraid is using:

https://vdgsecurity.com/kb/raid-alerts-notifications/ 

<p>According to this link it seems that it's in fact LOGIN authentication that Megaraid is using:</p><p>https://vdgsecurity.com/kb/raid-alerts-notifications/ </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft