Mercury Suggestions
Disable autoscroll request

Hello

Will it be possible to disable autoscroll for the modules displayed in a future edition of the Mercury/32 interface? I sometimes wish to view the summary history displayed in the modules, and while I can scroll up using the arrows, as soon as a new transaction takes place the view takes me back to the latest summary and I need to scroll back up to where I was, which may not be possible if the server is busy. I understand I can check the 'Pause' box, but I do not wish to pause any of the modules.

Thanks.

<P>Hello</P> <P>Will it be possible to disable autoscroll for the modules displayed in a future edition of the Mercury/32 interface? I sometimes wish to view the summary history displayed in the modules, and while I can scroll up using the arrows, as soon as a new transaction takes place the view takes me back to the latest summary and I need to scroll back up to where I was, which may not be possible if the server is busy. I understand I can check the 'Pause' box, but I do not wish to pause any of the modules.</P> <P>Thanks.</P>

Greenman,

You could always look at the log files to review the history. I use a remote desktop connection to the server, and open the log file in a text editor (Textpad). This also has the advantage of being able to review all activity in a log since its creation (usually midnight), where the modules' window only holds information up to buffer full when the oldest lines are removed to make way for the newest.

John. 

<p>Greenman,</p><p><span style="font-size: 10pt;">You could always look at the log files to review the history. I use a remote desktop connection to the server, and open the log file in a text editor (Textpad). This also has the advantage of being able to review all activity in a log since its creation (usually midnight), where the modules' window only holds information up to buffer full when the oldest lines are removed to make way for the newest.</span></p><p>John.<span style="font-size: 10pt;"> </span></p>

[quote user="Anaglypta"]

Greenman,

You could always look at the log files to review the history. I use a remote desktop connection to the server, and open the log file in a text editor (Textpad). This also has the advantage of being able to review all activity in a log since its creation (usually midnight), where the modules' window only holds information up to buffer full when the oldest lines are removed to make way for the newest.

John. 

[/quote]

Thanks for responding. I do keep full transaction logs, but I only use those for troubleshooting. All I need is a summary view which I can get by scrolling up through the list of previous transactions. I only need to get an idea of how Mercury/32 is functioning. If I see issues, then I will move onto the logs themselves.

It would make my life easier if autoscroll could be disabled in a future edition, or perhaps if a summary report could be generated for a particular module.

[quote user="Anaglypta"] <P>Greenman,</P> <P><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">You could always look at the log files to review the history. I use a remote desktop connection to the server, and open the log file in a text editor (Textpad). This also has the advantage of being able to review all activity in a log since its creation (usually midnight), where the modules' window only holds information up to buffer full when the oldest lines are removed to make way for the newest.</SPAN></P> <P>John.<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> </SPAN></P> <P>[/quote]</P> <P>Thanks for responding. I do keep full transaction logs, but I only use those for troubleshooting. All I need is a summary view which I can get by scrolling up through the list of previous transactions. I only need to get an idea of how Mercury/32 is functioning. If I see issues, then I will move onto the logs themselves.</P> <P>It would make my life easier if autoscroll could be disabled in a future edition, or perhaps if a summary report could be generated for a particular module.</P>

The new console windows for Mercury v5 actually have the option to stop automatic updates.

The new console windows for Mercury v5 actually have the option to stop automatic updates.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft