Community Discussions and Support
Content Filter stopped processing

Are you able to post what is in your content file for us to have a look at.  Also do you edit the file inside mercury where you have the option to click "check syntax"?

Can you place a rule at the very top of the file that you know will trigger

if header "from" matches "*@*" weight 99

and see if it does, if it does then place it at the very bottom and see if it still triggers. 

I recall that mine stopped working once even though mercury reported it not having any syntax errors and it turned out ( I can't remember exactly) but it only stopped working after a certain point in the file.  I found the problem by simply moving a rule I knew would trigger in different spots in the file. 

Hope that makes sense.

<p>Are you able to post what is in your content file for us to have a look at.  Also do you edit the file inside mercury where you have the option to click "check syntax"?</p><p>Can you place a rule at the very top of the file that you know will trigger</p><p>if header "from" matches "*@*" weight 99</p><p>and see if it does, if it does then place it at the very bottom and see if it still triggers.  </p><p>I recall that mine stopped working once even though mercury reported it not having any syntax errors and it turned out ( I can't remember exactly) but it only stopped working after a certain point in the file.  I found the problem by simply moving a rule I knew would trigger in different spots in the file.  </p><p>Hope that makes sense. </p><p> </p>

I currently have a rock solid Mercury/32 v4.73 installation which has been running for years on that old warhorse, Windows NT4.

Recently, Mercury just started bypassing the Content Filter which has been configured to remove lots of local spam. I do not have the option  to upgrade to the 4,80 version of Mercury as NT4 is no longer supported due to Windows API dependencies.

So that forces me back to figuring out what happened to the content filter.

I'm pretty sure that no configuration changes were made to Mercury, and I tried to copy in a data file from an earlier, working backup but that didn't work either

No errors are generated anywhere ....... Merc/32 just seems to ignore the content check.?

Any suggestions please....

thanks

.les.

<div class="ForumPostBodyArea"> <div id="ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl01_PostViewWrapper" class="ForumPostContentText"> <font size="2"><font face="Arial"> I currently have a rock solid Mercury/32 v4.73 installation which has been running for years on that old warhorse, Windows NT4. Recently, Mercury just started bypassing the Content Filter which has been configured to remove lots of local spam. I do not have the option  to upgrade to the 4,80 version of Mercury as NT4 is no longer supported due to Windows API dependencies. </font></font></div><div id="ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl01_PostViewWrapper" class="ForumPostContentText"> </div><div id="ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl01_PostViewWrapper" class="ForumPostContentText">So that forces me back to figuring out what happened to the content filter. </div><div id="ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl01_PostViewWrapper" class="ForumPostContentText"> </div><div id="ctl00_ctl01_bcr_ctl00___PostRepeater_ctl01_PostViewWrapper" class="ForumPostContentText"><font size="2"><font face="Arial">I'm pretty sure that no configuration changes were made to Mercury, and I tried to copy in a data file from an earlier, working backup but that didn't work either No errors are generated anywhere ....... Merc/32 just seems to ignore the content check.? Any suggestions please.... thanks   .les.</font></font></div> </div>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft