Community Discussions and Support
japanese ecoding

I have written to you separately on this problem. The basic problem here is that the original message was composed as plain text, and there is no html alternative. Pegasus Mail only has support for a few alternative character sets in text mode and does not support Japanese character switching. The solution will require the creation of these kinds of messages with the Pegasus Mail option   Sending mail\ Outgoing mail: Generate multipart/alternative

Martin

<p>I have written to you separately on this problem. The basic problem here is that the original message was composed as plain text, and there is no html alternative. Pegasus Mail only has support for a few alternative character sets in text mode and does not support Japanese character switching. The solution will require the creation of these kinds of messages with the Pegasus Mail option   Sending mail\ Outgoing mail: Generate multipart/alternative</p><p>Martin </p>

Hello,  everybody,

this is my first post. I installed Pegasus in order to join all my mails

under one mail client and get the things much clearer and simplified.

Pegasus seemed the right tool.

1) Problems arise with the fact that I am living in Japan and the default ecoding is not 

up for japanese language by default.

I read an interesting and old post about the matter here on the forum. Still have not found the

proper solution. How to change it with the right one, which I have not found yet ?

2)  The pegasus handbook is still the one I can see on amazon, date back on 1996, How to make your e-mail Fly ?

thanks,

<p>Hello,  everybody,</p><p>this is my first post. I installed Pegasus in order to join all my mails</p><p>under one mail client and get the things much clearer and simplified. </p><p>Pegasus seemed the right tool.</p><p>1) Problems arise with the fact that I am living in Japan and the default ecoding is not </p><p>up for japanese language by default.</p><p>I read an interesting and old post about the matter<a mce_href="/forums/thread/10411.aspx" href="/forums/thread/10411.aspx"> here</a> on the forum. Still have not found the </p><p>proper solution. How to change it with the right one, which I have not found yet ?</p><p>2)  The pegasus handbook is still the one I can see on amazon, date back on 1996, How to make your e-mail Fly ?</p><p> thanks, </p><p> </p><p>  </p>

Firstly could you tell us which html renderer you are using, either IERenderer or Bearhtml. Key in Shift+ F1 to see the name and version on the bottom status line of Pegasus Mail.

Secondly could you please send us a copy of one of these messages, to irelam@telus.net Forward the message to us by using the "Forward without editing".  I will see if Bearhtml can render it correctly, and I will pass the sample message on to the author of IERenderer to see what he is seeing.

Martin

<p>Firstly could you tell us which html renderer you are using, either IERenderer or Bearhtml. Key in Shift+ F1 to see the name and version on the bottom status line of Pegasus Mail.</p><p>Secondly could you please send us a copy of one of these messages, to irelam@telus.net Forward the message to us by using the "Forward without editing".  I will see if Bearhtml can render it correctly, and I will pass the sample message on to the author of IERenderer to see what he is seeing. </p><p>Martin </p>

[quote user="uaifestival"]2)  The pegasus handbook is still the one I can see on amazon, date back on 1996, How to make your e-mail Fly ?[/quote]

I can't help with the Japanese encoding issue but wanted to make sure you were aware of the manual that is installed with Pegasus Mail.  You will find it as file MANUAL.PDF located in the \PROGRAMS directory (C:\PMAIL\PROGRAMS if a default installation).

<p>[quote user="uaifestival"]2)  The pegasus handbook is still the one I can see on amazon, date back on 1996, How to make your e-mail Fly ?[/quote]</p><p>I can't help with the Japanese encoding issue but wanted to make sure you were aware of the manual that is installed with Pegasus Mail.  You will find it as file MANUAL.PDF located in the \PROGRAMS directory (C:\PMAIL\PROGRAMS if a default installation).</p><p> </p>

[quote user="irelam"]Firstly could you tell us which html renderer you are using, either IERenderer or Bearhtml. Key in Shift+ F1 to see the name and version on the bottom status line of Pegasus Mail.

Secondly could you please send us a copy of one of these messages, to irelam@telus.net Forward the message to us by using the "Forward without editing".  I will see if Bearhtml can render it correctly, and I will pass the sample message on to the author of IERenderer to see what he is seeing.[/quote]

I'm almost sure it isn't an HTML issue, Martin!
[quote user="irelam"]Firstly could you tell us which html renderer you are using, either IERenderer or Bearhtml. Key in Shift+ F1 to see the name and version on the bottom status line of Pegasus Mail.<p>Secondly could you please send us a copy of one of these messages, to irelam@telus.net Forward the message to us by using the "Forward without editing".  I will see if Bearhtml can render it correctly, and I will pass the sample message on to the author of IERenderer to see what he is seeing.[/quote]</p>I'm almost sure it isn't an HTML issue, Martin!
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

Hi Michael

My money is on a charset problem.  From the sample in the original thread it looks like the japanese text is doing charset switching.. That is why I am beginning to believe it is a problem with the charset being coded.  The subject line is coded to Utf-8 and views perfectly.

Martin

<p>Hi Michael</p><p>My money is on a charset problem.  From the sample in the original thread it looks like the japanese text is doing charset switching.. That is why I am beginning to believe it is a problem with the charset being coded.  The subject line is coded to Utf-8 and views perfectly.</p><p>Martin </p>

[quote user="uaifestival"]1) Problems arise with the fact that I am living in Japan and the default encoding is not 

up for japanese language by default.[/quote]

Can you please elaborate on this issue? Are talking about reading messages or writing messages? Do you have an idea about what encoding you need or want to use? In general there shouldn't be an issue with reading properly encoded messages since Pegasus Mail is supposed to decode the incoming charset properly without any user interference. A different issue would be the encoding of messages you compose yourself.

[quote user="uaifestival"]1) Problems arise with the fact that I am living in Japan and the default encoding is not <p>up for japanese language by default.[/quote]</p><p>Can you please elaborate on this issue? Are talking about reading messages or writing messages? Do you have an idea about what encoding you need or want to use? In general there shouldn't be an issue with reading properly encoded messages since Pegasus Mail is supposed to decode the incoming charset properly without any user interference. A different issue would be the encoding of messages you compose yourself. </p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

thanks for the information about the manual I did not know it.

I will dive into it.  

1) The version is IE render 2.4.9.9.

2) I sent the message to the above address. (first time I did in in the wrong way, the editing option was still selected.

I am really happy to have received such a fast reply![:D]

3) regarding the charset from the rawview I copy and past here

MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-2022-JP"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

4) The encoding is just an hypothesis based on the old post cited on my first expression, I am far behind any proposed solution

5) I tried to write a message in japanese myself trough my yahoo.co.jp mail address and I had the same  problem.

6) I do not know if this can help you but my provider of mail is based in Italy and the message go through it

with an smtp authentication process...

<p>thanks for the information about the manual I did not know it.</p><p>I will dive into it.   </p><p>1) The version is IE render 2.4.9.9. </p><p>2) I sent the message to the above address. (first time I did in in the wrong way, the editing option was still selected. </p><p>I am really happy to have received such a fast reply![:D]</p><p>3) regarding the charset from the rawview I copy and past here</p><p>MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-2022-JP" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit  </p><p> 4) The encoding is just an hypothesis based on the old post cited on my first expression, I am far behind any proposed solution </p><p>5) I tried to write a message in japanese myself trough my yahoo.co.jp mail address and I had the same  problem. </p><p> 6) I do not know if this can help you but my provider of mail is based in Italy and the message go through it </p><p>with an smtp authentication process... </p><p> </p> 
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft