Mercury Suggestions
REQ: KB article about regular expressions in Mercury

Hi Peter,

it's Regular Expressions. Sorry for using it.

A KB article with as much as possible examples was very much appreciated. Especially as regular expressions in different portions of the program seem to behave different and the help file does not cover it (enough).
Mostly I think about information what part of information is evaluated at all (like the "SMTP TO:me@domain.comCRLF" in transaction filtering), where to derive it from and which regular expressions (or metacharacters) are supported at which point.
Example: H, "[HE][HE]LO lappy/w/w", S, "my machine" works in transaction filtering, H, "/x[HE][HE]LO lappy", S, "Lappy" does not (from help, section content control: "/x Toggle "ignore-non-alpha" mode - ignore non alphanumeric characters".

Thank you, Rainer

<P>Hi Peter,</P> <P>it's <STRONG>R</STRONG>egular <STRONG>E</STRONG>xpressions. Sorry for using it.</P> <P> A KB article with as much as possible examples was very much appreciated. Especially as regular expressions in different portions of the program seem to behave different and the help file does not cover it (enough). Mostly I think about information <U>what</U> part of information is evaluated at all (like the "SMTP TO:me@domain.com<STRONG>CRLF</STRONG>" in transaction filtering), where to derive it from and which regular expressions (or metacharacters) are supported at which point. Example: H, <EM>"[HE][HE]LO lappy/w/w", S, "my machine"</EM> works in transaction filtering, H, <EM>"/x[HE][HE]LO lappy", S, "Lappy"</EM> does not (from help, section content control: "<EM>/x Toggle "ignore-non-alpha" mode - ignore non alphanumeric characters</EM>".</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Thank you, Rainer</P>

Hi PMail team,

as mercury (according to its help file) behaves "a little" different than standard Linux or Perl REs I liked a KB article about it. Unfortunately I am not even allowed to start one with the very little knowledge I gained the past days. So would you, please?

- which REs are supported in
    - transaction filtering
    - filtering rules
    - other places where REs are used
- which traps (see CRLF as delimiter) are there and what could be workarounds
- the more examples the better :)

Thank you
Rainer

<P>Hi PMail team,</P> <P>as mercury (according to its help file) behaves "a little" different than standard Linux or Perl REs I liked a KB article about it. Unfortunately I am not even allowed to start one with the very little knowledge I gained the past days. So would you, please?</P> <P>- which REs are supported in     - transaction filtering     - filtering rules     - other places where REs are used - which traps (see CRLF as delimiter) are there and what could be workarounds - the more examples the better :)</P> <P>Thank you Rainer</P>

Pls excuse my unknowing - but what the heck is RE?

Pls excuse my unknowing - but what the heck is RE?
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft