Community Discussions and Support
Folder information list

Thanks!!  That indeed is exactly what I had in mind.
There are also other intersting utilities there. 

Ivana (in sunny Croatia)

<p>Thanks!!  That indeed is <u>exactly </u>what I had in mind. There are also other intersting utilities there. </p><p> Ivana (in sunny Croatia) </p>

My folders have Filenames like "FOL0054C.PMM" and Long name like "ART (FR)".

But I can see this information only  if I right-click on each folder and open its Folder Information window.

Is there a way to print out a list of Filenames with their corresponding Long names for all my folders (about 120)? 

Ivana

<p>My folders have Filenames like "FOL0054C.PMM" and Long name like "ART (FR)".</p><p>But I can see this information only  if I right-click on each folder and open its Folder Information window. </p><p>Is there a way to print out a list of Filenames with their corresponding Long names for all my folders (about 120)? </p><p> </p><p>Ivana</p><p> </p><p> </p>

Not at this stage, no. I'll think about it though.

Cheers!

-- David --

Not at this stage, no. I'll think about it though. Cheers! -- David --

If you're comfortable with a text editor, you could copy HIERARCH.PM to a new text file (e.g. HIERARCH.TXT and then edit it.  Each line of HIERARCH looks something like this:

0,0,"5AE9992A:3543:FOL04B81","070863:My mailbox","Copies of sent mail"

In the above line, FOL04B81 is the filename and "Copies of sent mail" is the name of the folder. If you have a macro-programmable text editor, you could probably automate the line-by-line stripping of unwanted characters to produce a list like this:

FOL04B81 "Copies of sent mail"

etc.

HTH

<p>If you're comfortable with a text editor, you could copy HIERARCH.PM to a new text file (e.g. HIERARCH.TXT and then edit it.  Each line of HIERARCH looks something like this: 0,0,"5AE9992A:3543:FOL04B81","070863:My mailbox","Copies of sent mail" In the above line, FOL04B81 is the filename and "Copies of sent mail" is the name of the folder. If you have a macro-programmable text editor, you could probably automate the line-by-line stripping of unwanted characters to produce a list like this: FOL04B81 "Copies of sent mail" etc.</p><p> </p><p>HTH</p><p> </p><p> </p>

Thank you, Angus !!!

Great advice. I got exactly what I wanted (after some playing in the text editor).

Ivana

<p>Thank you, Angus !!!</p><p>Great advice. I got exactly what I wanted (after some playing in the text editor).</p><p> Ivana</p><p> </p>

> Is there a way to print out a list of Filenames with their corresponding Long names for all my folders (about 120)?

Try http://www.lexacorp.com.pg/mailsoft.html

Sometime ago, I came across this website - don't know how I found out about it - probably from the author of the site, who was telling us about it on the mailing list. 

Look for the program called PegFolders.

It does EXACTLY what  you want, no programming involved. Here's a sample of the output from my over 300 mailfolders:

ACOX.PMM   -   Andrew Cox
AKI.PMM   -   AKI
AKK1.PMM   -   AKK-Buck
ANDERSON.PMM   -   Bill Anderson
ANDREWS.PMM   -   Cyril Andrews
ARNEIL.PMM   -   Hanshi
ASHIMISC.PMM   -   Ashi Miscellaneous
AUS-MISC.PMM   -   Aus-Miscellaneous
BILLDUFR.PMM   -   Bill Dufour
CAVDIGST.PMM   -   Cavers Digest
CHILE.PMM   -   Chile
CINDY.PMM   -   Cindy
CORRIGAL.PMM   -   Corrigals
CWINDER.PMM   -   Chris Winder
CYBRDOJO.PMM   -   Cyber Dojo
DAIDO.PMM   -   Daido
DAVEP.PMM   -   Dave Perry

Shah

<p>> Is there a way to print out a list of Filenames with their corresponding Long names for all my folders (about 120)?</p><p> Try http://www.lexacorp.com.pg/mailsoft.html  Sometime ago, I came across this website - don't know how I found out about it - probably from the author of the site, who was telling us about it on the mailing list.  </p><p>Look for the program called PegFolders.</p><p>It does EXACTLY what  you want, no programming involved. Here's a sample of the output from my over 300 mailfolders: </p><p>ACOX.PMM   -   Andrew Cox AKI.PMM   -   AKI AKK1.PMM   -   AKK-Buck ANDERSON.PMM   -   Bill Anderson ANDREWS.PMM   -   Cyril Andrews ARNEIL.PMM   -   Hanshi ASHIMISC.PMM   -   Ashi Miscellaneous AUS-MISC.PMM   -   Aus-Miscellaneous BILLDUFR.PMM   -   Bill Dufour CAVDIGST.PMM   -   Cavers Digest CHILE.PMM   -   Chile CINDY.PMM   -   Cindy CORRIGAL.PMM   -   Corrigals CWINDER.PMM   -   Chris Winder CYBRDOJO.PMM   -   Cyber Dojo DAIDO.PMM   -   Daido DAVEP.PMM   -   Dave Perry  </p><p> Shah</p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft