Community Discussions and Support
mail via different pop servers

POP is only used to receive mail. To send mail, a different protocol, called SMTP, is used. When you set up Pegasus Mail, you create POP definitions to retrieve mail, and SMTP definitions to send it. For SMTP, Pegasus Mail always uses the first enabled definition in the list for the current identity. It is possible to have multiple definitions, but only the first enabled one will ever be used (this may change in future).

Cheers!

-- David --

POP is only used to receive mail. To send mail, a different protocol, called SMTP, is used. When you set up Pegasus Mail, you create POP definitions to retrieve mail, and SMTP definitions to send it. For SMTP, Pegasus Mail always uses the first enabled definition in the list for the current identity. It is possible to have multiple definitions, but only the first enabled one will ever be used (this may change in future). Cheers! -- David --

I use two pop3 servers for mail. When I click the collect icon, a dialogue box allows me to chooses which one to collect mail from.

When I click the send icon, there is no choice offered, the mail just goes. How do I know and how do I choose which server it is sent to.

What happens if I click the 'send and receive' button.

I am using only the default identity. Is this explained in the manual ?

I use two pop3 servers for mail. When I click the collect icon, a dialogue box allows me to chooses which one to collect mail from. When I click the send icon, there is no choice offered, the mail just goes. How do I know and how do I choose which server it is sent to. What happens if I click the 'send and receive' button. I am using only the default identity. Is this explained in the manual ?
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft