Community Discussions and Support
semaphore error creating handle lock

I haven't seen this error message with any version of Mercury, so I don't think it's version related. The message indicates that some file I/O operation caused an unhandled error in the program, which made the program close down.

Run Chkdsk or similar tool to make sure there are no filesystem errors on the disk, and check that there is no other process running that might interfere with Mercury's file access (for instance an anti-virus program).

/Rolf 

<p>I haven't seen this error message with any version of Mercury, so I don't think it's version related. The message indicates that some file I/O operation caused an unhandled error in the program, which made the program close down.</p><p>Run Chkdsk or similar tool to make sure there are no filesystem errors on the disk, and check that there is no other process running that might interfere with Mercury's file access (for instance an anti-virus program).</p><p>/Rolf </p>

I had a call from one of our users yesterday to say that they couldn't pick up e-mail.

I checked the system and found that pmail.usr had gone from the server and the list of local users was empty. I recovered this file and all was ok.

Today, I've had a similar call but found the error message "semaphore error creating handle lock" on screen. When I clicked ok Mercury closed and re-opened and everything seems ok.

The question is, what is this error message and what could have caused it. Can anyone also think of a reason for the missing pmail.usr?

I'm using version 4.51 under WinNT server.

Cheers.

Edit - I've just upgraded to 4.52, was my issue a known bug that has been fixed in 4.52 by any chance??? 

<p>I had a call from one of our users yesterday to say that they couldn't pick up e-mail.</p><p> I checked the system and found that pmail.usr had gone from the server and the list of local users was empty. I recovered this file and all was ok.</p><p>Today, I've had a similar call but found the error message "semaphore error creating handle lock" on screen. When I clicked ok Mercury closed and re-opened and everything seems ok.</p><p>The question is, what is this error message and what could have caused it. Can anyone also think of a reason for the missing pmail.usr?</p><p> I'm using version 4.51 under WinNT server.  </p><p>Cheers.  </p><p>Edit - I've just upgraded to 4.52, was my issue a known bug that has been fixed in 4.52 by any chance??? </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft