Community Discussions and Support
mercury.exe high CPU usage in Windows 10

MercuryB offers mailing list support via a web interface. Have you disabled it now?

MercuryB offers mailing list support via a web interface. Have you disabled it now?

I'm running Mercury32  for years on various Windows pcs and vms with XP, 7 and now 10, some were 32 bit, but now always 64.

I noticed today that the process mercury.exe is using almos 50% of my dualcore CPU, all the time!

I do not know how long it's running like this, what could I check to try to fix it? 

Mercury/32, v4.80.149, Aug 18 2015

Windows 10 Pro x64

EDIT:

I've just found that it was the mercuryB HTTP module, don't even know why it was active and what should it do! Maybe it was smashing against blocked port 80. 

<p>I'm running Mercury32  for years on various Windows pcs and vms with XP, 7 and now 10, some were 32 bit, but now always 64.</p><p>I noticed today that the process mercury.exe is using almos 50% of my dualcore CPU, all the time!</p><p>I do not know how long it's running like this, what could I check to try to fix it? </p><p>Mercury/32, v4.80.149, Aug 18 2015</p><p>Windows 10 Pro x64</p><p> EDIT:</p><p><span style="font-size: 10pt;">I've just found that it was the mercuryB HTTP module, don't even know why it was active and what should it do! Maybe it was smashing against blocked port 80. </span></p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft