Community Discussions and Support
Mail forwarding of messages containing images inconsistent

Thanks Rolf.  I have been waiting for more evidence of this problem.

Today, I have received three messages from the same person.  One containing only text and one with images and a subject line were forwarded as expected to the two external accounts for which I have set up entries in Mercury's Global Filtering.  The third message had images but no subject line and wasn't received by the external accounts.   The transactions for all three messages were shown as successful in the SMTPRelay file (in verbose mode).

It occurs to me that my antivirus application might be the culprit.  I am investigating this as well.

GordonM 

<p>Thanks Rolf.  I have been waiting for more evidence of this problem.</p><p>Today, I have received three messages from the same person.  One containing only text and one with images and a subject line were forwarded as expected to the two external accounts for which I have set up entries in Mercury's Global Filtering.  The third message had images but no subject line and wasn't received by the external accounts.   The transactions for all three messages were shown as successful in the SMTPRelay file (in verbose mode).</p><p>It occurs to me that my antivirus application might be the culprit.  I am investigating this as well.</p><p> GordonM </p>

For one of my accounts, I am forwarding a copy of all mail to a GMail account as well as keeping the message in a local account.  I am doing this by Mercury's Global Filtering.  If the message contains only text, this is always successful.  If there is an image in the message, the result is inconsistent.  Sometimes the forwarding succeeds and sometimes not.  The message doesn't appear in the GMail spam folder.  I have also added a second forwarding to a completely separate non-GMail account and the result is also inconsistent, though seems to be more consistent than when forwarding to GMail.

I using Mercury 4.80.

Any ideas?

Thank you

GordonM 

<p>For one of my accounts, I am forwarding a copy of all mail to a GMail account as well as keeping the message in a local account.  I am doing this by Mercury's Global Filtering.  If the message contains only text, this is always successful.  If there is an image in the message, the result is inconsistent.  Sometimes the forwarding succeeds and sometimes not.  The message doesn't appear in the GMail spam folder.  I have also added a second forwarding to a completely separate non-GMail account and the result is also inconsistent, though seems to be more consistent than when forwarding to GMail.</p><p>I using Mercury 4.80.</p><p>Any ideas?</p><p>Thank you</p><p>GordonM </p>

Anything in the MercuryE logs? If Mercury has attempted to send the message to Gmail there should be a log entry indicating success or failure.

Anything in the MercuryE logs? If Mercury has attempted to send the message to Gmail there should be a log entry indicating success or failure.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft