Community Discussions and Support
List Archive Search

Archive viewing for mailing lists is definitely on the to-do list.

Cheers!

-- David --

Archive viewing for mailing lists is definitely on the to-do list. Cheers! -- David --

I'm looking at setting up a mailing list using Mercury/32. I see that I can create archive files for the list, but I see no way to then do anything with them.  Ideally there would be a 'view archive' option via the subscriber web interface (I guess that would be a feature request).  But since there's not, I'm just wondering if anyone out there has already written some kind of web interface to access these archives and make them at least viewable by subscribers, but ideally searchable as well.  I can write my own, but didn't want to reinvent the wheel if I don't have to.

Thanks,

Doug Dossett

<p>I'm looking at setting up a mailing list using Mercury/32. I see that I can create archive files for the list, but I see no way to then do anything with them.  Ideally there would be a 'view archive' option via the subscriber web interface (I guess that would be a feature request).  But since there's not, I'm just wondering if anyone out there has already written some kind of web interface to access these archives and make them at least viewable by subscribers, but ideally searchable as well.  I can write my own, but didn't want to reinvent the wheel if I don't have to. </p><p>Thanks,</p><p>Doug Dossett  </p>

Configure the archives to be placed in the send_dir setting of Maiser.

Exerpt from the help file:
SEND <filename>  Sends the named text file from your "files to send" directory. If you do NOT want this facility to be available on your system, make sure that there is no SEND_DIR entry in the MAISER section of MERCURY.INI. The send command is VERY secure - you cannot specify paths of any kind in <filename>, and Mercury will ONLY look in the directory specified in SEND_DIR.

&lt;P&gt;Configure the archives to be placed in the send_dir setting of Maiser.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Exerpt from the help file: &lt;EM&gt;SEND &amp;lt;filename&amp;gt;&amp;nbsp; Sends the named text file from your &quot;files to send&quot; directory. If you do NOT want this facility to be available on your system, make sure that there is no SEND_DIR entry in the MAISER section of MERCURY.INI. The send command is VERY secure - you cannot specify paths of any kind in &amp;lt;filename&amp;gt;, and Mercury will ONLY look in the directory specified in SEND_DIR.&lt;/EM&gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/P&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft