Community Discussions and Support
send mail limits

[quote user="ruler"]hi, i seem to have a few problems with someone hacking my mercury mail server and sending thousands of spam emails. Is there a way to limit how many emails can be sent per user or total sent per day? it is not a fix i know but it may help limit the amount of junk sent out. thanks[/quote]

How are you using Mercury/32 on your network? If you have disabled relaying controls and have open SMTP access then your server will be abused (and then blacklisted).

<p>[quote user="ruler"]hi, i seem to have a few problems with someone hacking my mercury mail server and sending thousands of spam emails. Is there a way to limit how many emails can be sent per user or total sent per day? it is not a fix i know but it may help limit the amount of junk sent out. thanks[/quote]</p><p>How are you using Mercury/32 on your network? If you have disabled relaying controls and have open SMTP access then your server will be abused (and then blacklisted).</p>

hi, i seem to have a few problems with someone hacking my mercury mail server and sending thousands of spam emails. Is there a way to limit how many emails can be sent per user or total sent per day? it is not a fix i know but it may help limit the amount of junk sent out. thanks

hi, i seem to have a few problems with someone hacking my mercury mail server and sending thousands of spam emails. Is there a way to limit how many emails can be sent per user or total sent per day? it is not a fix i know but it may help limit the amount of junk sent out. thanks
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft