Community Discussions and Support
Can't save AUTH password file for SMTP

Thanks.

This works: Putting the full file path 'C:\Mercury\smtp.txt'. In physical host there is only the name and works.

Angel.

<p>Thanks. </p><p>This works: Putting the full file path 'C:\Mercury\smtp.txt'. In physical host there is only the name and works.</p><p>Angel. </p>

Hello.

I installed a Mercury system in a virtual machine (VirtualBox). I migrated all users, mailbox, lists, etc to the new installation and I have only a problem. The file for AUTH password in SMTP module is not saved. Whatever I do, the file is blank. I write the name for file 'smtp.txt', clik for edit, write 'user' and 'password' (left space blank between), click save button and edit again; then the file is blank. There isn't any file in the folder C:\Mercury like 'smtp.txt'. The user for installation was an administrator in Windows 7 Enterprise English x32 SP1. Please, any advice. Thanks.

Angel.

<p>Hello.</p><p>I installed a Mercury system in a virtual machine (VirtualBox). I migrated all users, mailbox, lists, etc to the new installation and I have only a problem. The file for AUTH password in SMTP module is not saved. Whatever I do, the file is blank. I write the name for file 'smtp.txt', clik for edit, write 'user' and 'password' (left space blank between), click save button and edit again; then the file is blank. There isn't any file in the folder C:\Mercury like 'smtp.txt'. The user for installation was an administrator in Windows 7 Enterprise English x32 SP1. Please, any advice. Thanks.</p><p>Angel. </p>

Two things that come to mind to check.

Confirm that there is a full path in mercury.ini to the auth text file (eg: C:\Mercury\smtp.txt).

Make sure you have appropriate permissions for creating and modifying files in that directory.

<p>Two things that come to mind to check.</p><p>Confirm that there is a full path in mercury.ini to the auth text file (eg: C:\Mercury\smtp.txt).</p><p>Make sure you have appropriate permissions for creating and modifying files in that directory.</p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft