Community Discussions and Support
Roaming Pegasus Mail not working on one machine

Thank you for your fastreply, I am afraid, two correctly configured network- printers are usable from this machine, one of them marked as standardprinter.

I wil report my post so a mod can move it 

Edit: I deinstalled and reinstalled both printers and Pegasus MAil is working again on this machine.

Thank you very much

Nikolaus 

<p>Thank you for your fastreply, I am afraid, two correctly configured network- printers are usable from this machine, one of them marked as standardprinter.</p><p>I wil report my post so a mod can move it </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>Edit: I deinstalled and reinstalled both printers and Pegasus MAil is working again on this machine.</p><p>Thank you very much</p><p>Nikolaus </p>

Hello,

I have been using Pmail for ages but now I please need your help.

I use an USB-stick to store Pegasus Mail 4.71 and all my mail in various folders for multiple users and POP accounts.

The machine I usually use at work is running Windows 7 SP1  suddenly stopped opening Pegasus Mail hanging at the "restoring desktop layout" screen.

On the stick there is a batch file calling 

cd PMAIL

cd Programs

winpm-32.exe -ROAM 

The weird thing is, if I plug in my USB-stick into a different machine it starts and works without problem, it is only this one machine that does not respond properly any more.

I even deactivated Avast for one trial run but to no avail.

I read on Wikipedia that PMail does not alter the registry, but possibly it is dependent on some information in the registry all the same.

What can I do?

Greetings Nikolaus 

<p>Hello,</p><p> </p><p>I have been using Pmail for ages but now I please need your help.</p><p> </p><p>I use an USB-stick to store Pegasus Mail 4.71 and all my mail in various folders for multiple users and POP accounts.</p><p>The machine I usually use at work is running Windows 7 SP1  suddenly stopped opening Pegasus Mail hanging at the "restoring desktop layout" screen.</p><p>On the stick there is a batch file calling </p><p>cd PMAIL</p><p>cd Programs</p><p>winpm-32.exe -ROAM </p><p>The weird thing is, if I plug in my USB-stick into a different machine it starts and works without problem, it is only this one machine that does not respond properly any more.</p><p>I even deactivated Avast for one trial run but to no avail.</p><p>I read on Wikipedia that PMail does not alter the registry, but possibly it is dependent on some information in the registry all the same.</p><p>What can I do?</p><p>Greetings Nikolaus </p><p> </p>

This post should be on the Pegasus Mail forum instead of the Mercury forum but I can tell you that the problem you describe can be attributed to a printer driver problem.

Check for a default printer & that the printer is online.

Pegasus Mail is dependent on a system default printer, checking for it on startup.  Some printer drivers poll their printer whenever they are polled so it is possible that the system may have a default printer, but if that printer is offline Pegasus Mail may fail as if there wasn't a default printer.

<p>This post should be on the Pegasus Mail forum instead of the Mercury forum but I can tell you that the problem you describe can be attributed to a printer driver problem.</p><p>Check for a default printer & that the printer is online. </p><p>Pegasus Mail is dependent on a system default printer, checking for it on startup.  Some printer drivers poll their printer whenever they are polled so it is possible that the system may have a default printer, but if that printer is offline Pegasus Mail may fail as if there wasn't a default printer. </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft