Community Discussions and Support
Is there an outgoing number of emails limit

[quote user="tkoppy"]

Is there a way to increase the limit of out going emails to more than 100?

I'm using  Pegasus 4.41 and Mercury 4.52

Distribution lists in Pegasus will not work if over 100 names

I get 550 5.5.3 Too many recipients.

Thanks

[/quote]

This error message is coming from the receiving host, there is no limit in Mercury/32.  You might want to try using the explode (fanout) option though to break the list into a number of messages.

Explode submissions  For large lists, it can be significantly more efficient to send the message out to several chunks of the subscription list instead of simply generating one large message, since doing so allows multiple SMTP processes to handle the mail at the same time. If you enter a value here, Mercury will "explode" messages sent to the list into that number of outgoing jobs. This setting can have a dramatic impact on list delivery if you are using the MercuryE SMTP end-to-end delivery protocol module. You cannot explode a submission into more than 20 jobs.

[quote user="tkoppy"]<p>Is there a way to increase the limit of out going emails to more than 100?</p> <p>I'm using  Pegasus 4.41 and Mercury 4.52</p> <p>Distribution lists in Pegasus will not work if over 100 names</p> <p>I get 550 5.5.3 Too many recipients.</p> <p>Thanks</p> <p mce_keep="true"> [/quote]</p><p mce_keep="true"> </p><p mce_keep="true">This error message is coming from the receiving host, there is no limit in Mercury/32.  You might want to try using the explode (fanout) option though to break the list into a number of messages.</p><p mce_keep="true"> Explode submissions  For large lists, it can be significantly more efficient to send the message out to several chunks of the subscription list instead of simply generating one large message, since doing so allows multiple SMTP processes to handle the mail at the same time. If you enter a value here, Mercury will "explode" messages sent to the list into that number of outgoing jobs. This setting can have a dramatic impact on list delivery if you are using the MercuryE SMTP end-to-end delivery protocol module. You cannot explode a submission into more than 20 jobs.</p><p mce_keep="true"> </p>

Is there a way to increase the limit of out going emails to more than 100?

I'm using  Pegasus 4.41 and Mercury 4.52

Distribution lists in Pegasus will not work if over 100 names

I get 550 5.5.3 Too many recipients.

Thanks

<P>Is there a way to increase the limit of out going emails to more than 100?</P> <P>I'm using  Pegasus 4.41 and Mercury 4.52</P> <P>Distribution lists in Pegasus will not work if over 100 names</P> <P>I get 550 5.5.3 Too many recipients.</P> <P>Thanks</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

You will need to talk to your ISP.

That is a limit imposed by the smart-host that you are relaying through.

If you have a static IP and correctly set up rDNS you could use mercE for direct delivery.

<p>You will need to talk to your ISP.</p><p>That is a limit imposed by the smart-host that you are relaying through.</p><p>If you have a static IP and correctly set up rDNS you could use mercE for direct delivery.</p><p> </p>

I've tried pointing to the mail service at my ISP as well as pointing it to mail where my website etc are at.

I'll talk to them

Thanks

<P>I've tried pointing to the mail service at my ISP as well as pointing it to mail where my website etc are at.</P> <P>I'll talk to them</P> <P>Thanks</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft