Community Discussions and Support
Distribution List Question

[quote user="intersys"]

Hello

I have a large number of distribution lists. Some of the lists have both names and email addresses but the majority have just the names. Is there any automated way to associate emails with the names in the distribution list? I know it gets resolved from the main address book...but it would be a great help to view both names and address within the distribution lists themselves.

Thank You 

[/quote]

Set the email address to "FName Lname" <email@address> in the addressbook and then set the address book to paste the addresses and when you select or drag the addresses from the address book you'll get the name and address.

[quote user=&quot;intersys&quot;]&lt;p&gt;Hello&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I have a large number of distribution lists. Some of the lists have both names and email addresses but the majority have just the names. Is there any automated way to associate emails with the names in the distribution list? I know it gets resolved from the main address book...but it would be a great help to view both names and address within the distribution lists themselves.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thank You&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Set the email address to &quot;FName Lname&quot; &amp;lt;email@address&amp;gt; in the addressbook and then set the address book to paste the addresses and when you select or drag the addresses from the address book you&#039;ll get the name and address.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

Hello

I have a large number of distribution lists. Some of the lists have both names and email addresses but the majority have just the names. Is there any automated way to associate emails with the names in the distribution list? I know it gets resolved from the main address book...but it would be a great help to view both names and address within the distribution lists themselves.

Thank You 

&lt;p&gt;Hello&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I have a large number of distribution lists. Some of the lists have both names and email addresses but the majority have just the names. Is there any automated way to associate emails with the names in the distribution list? I know it gets resolved from the main address book...but it would be a great help to view both names and address within the distribution lists themselves.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thank You&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft