Community Discussions and Support
Can't find Filter Rules

[quote user="Anaglypta"]However, pulling up HELP from Mercury32 has a whole section on setting up automatic replies, including simple autoreplies using AREPLY.PM. [/quote]

I'm glad you posted about the help file because I was bothered by not being able to find documentation to point you to.  I didn't think to look in the help file.  I know of AREPLY.PM but Han's guide to filenames and extension for Pegasus Mail is what sparked my memory about its function.  Glad you found the details.

<p>[quote user="Anaglypta"]However, pulling up HELP from Mercury32 has a whole section on setting up automatic replies, including simple autoreplies using AREPLY.PM.<span style="font-size: 10pt;"> </span>[/quote]</p><p>I'm glad you posted about the help file because I was bothered by not being able to find documentation to point you to.  I didn't think to look in the help file.  I know of AREPLY.PM but Han's guide to filenames and extension for Pegasus Mail is what sparked my memory about its function.  Glad you found the details. </p>

I created a filter rule way back in time, and I now want to edit it.

Problem is that Config -> Filtering Rules -> Edit Global or Edit Outgoing are empty, and there are no .RUL files on the server for Edit General.

The rule, however, is still working!

Help.

John. 

<p>I created a filter rule way back in time, and I now want to edit it.</p><p>Problem is that Config -> Filtering Rules -> Edit Global or Edit Outgoing are empty, and there are no .RUL files on the server for Edit General.</p><p>The rule, however, is still working!</p><p><span style="font-size: 10pt;">Help.</span></p><p><span style="font-size: 10pt;">John.</span><span style="font-size: 10pt;"> </span></p>

New mail filtering rules are stored in WINRULES.PMC.  General rule set are stored in other .PMC files.  Server side filter rules are in a .PNP file.

For more info check out the guide to filenames and extensions found at http://www.vandenbogaerde.net.  Follow the Pegasus Mail information link to the Filenames and extension link.

<p>New mail filtering rules are stored in WINRULES.PMC.  General rule set are stored in other .PMC files.  Server side filter rules are in a .PNP file.</p><p>For more info check out the guide to filenames and extensions found at http://www.vandenbogaerde.net.  Follow the Pegasus Mail information link to the Filenames and extension link. </p>

Thanks Brian,

I have no .PMC or .PNP files on the server either. 

I'm not using Pegasus Mail, just running Mercury with Thunderbird clients. The rule in question was to create an Autoresponder for account responder@mydomain 

John. 

<p>Thanks Brian,</p><p>I have no .PMC or .PNP files on the server either. </p><p>I'm not using Pegasus Mail, just running Mercury with Thunderbird clients. The rule in question was to create an Autoresponder for account responder@mydomain </p><p>John. </p>

Autoresponses can be done using a special alias.  Might that be what you are doing?

Autoresponses can be done using a special alias.  Might that be what you are doing?

No Brian,

I'm really stumped. the responder@ address is a real one, and I have no FILE or TFILE entries in my aliases anyway.

The autoresponder sends a text file which is in Mercury -> Mail -> Responder -> AREPLY.PM.

John. 

<p>No Brian,</p><p>I'm really stumped. the responder@ address is a real one, and I have no FILE or TFILE entries in my aliases anyway.</p><p>The autoresponder sends a text file which is in Mercury -> Mail -> Responder -> AREPLY.PM.</p><p>John. </p>

Thinking from the Pegasus Mail side of things, an AREPLY.PM file is "used by Mercury to generate automatic replies to

messages when the feature is actiivated in Extended features options in

Pegasus Mail" (quoted from Han's Guide to Filenames and Extensions). 

If Mercury -> Mail ->Responder is the new mail directory for your responder@address then the existence of the AREPLY.PM file is triggering the autoresponses.  Renaming it to remove the .PM extension will disable it.

<p>Thinking from the Pegasus Mail side of things, an AREPLY.PM file is "used by Mercury to generate automatic replies to messages when the feature is actiivated in Extended features options in Pegasus Mail" (quoted from Han's Guide to Filenames and Extensions).  </p><p>If Mercury -> Mail ->Responder is the new mail directory for your responder@address then the existence of the AREPLY.PM file is triggering the autoresponses.  Renaming it to remove the .PM extension will disable it. </p>

Thanks Brian,

My problem was that I searched the PDF user manual before posting here, but didn't find anything relating to setting up automatic replies. [:(]

However, pulling up HELP from Mercury32 has a whole section on setting up automatic replies, including simple autoreplies using AREPLY.PM.

So in the dim and distant past I must have read that help and created the necessary text file in the new mail directory.

Thanks for your help

John 

<p>Thanks Brian,</p><p>My problem was that I searched the PDF user manual before posting here, but didn't find anything relating to setting up automatic replies. [:(]</p><p>However, pulling up HELP from Mercury32 has a whole section on setting up automatic replies, including simple autoreplies using AREPLY.PM.</p><p>So in the dim and distant past I must have read that help and created the necessary text file in the new mail directory.</p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size: 10pt;">Thanks for your help</span></p><p><span style="font-size: 10pt;">John </span></p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft