Community Discussions and Support
cant connect cliant to server

This is what Mercury help suggests for local domains:

"When entering domains into this section, you should usually provide three entries per local Internet domain - a fully-qualified version, a simple version, and a special entry called a domain literal version, which is the IP number of your system enclosed in square brackets."

You should be careful to only list valid domain names that you own and is going to handle email for.

It's usually recommended to list both the domain name itself (mydomain.com) and the proper host name for the server (which might be something like mail.mydomain.com). The literal (numerical) address should look like [11.22.33.44], showing the public IP address, and optionally with a similar entry for the local (LAN) address.

<p>This is what Mercury help suggests for local domains:</p><p>"When entering domains into this section, you should usually provide three entries per local Internet domain - a fully-qualified version, a simple version, and a special entry called a domain literal version, which is the IP number of your system enclosed in square brackets."</p><p>You should be careful to only list valid domain names that you own and is going to handle email for.</p><p>It's usually recommended to list both the domain name itself (mydomain.com) and the proper host name for the server (which might be something like mail.mydomain.com). The literal (numerical) address should look like [11.22.33.44], showing the public IP address, and optionally with a similar entry for the local (LAN) address.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>

hi all need help have been fudging around with this thing for 2 weeks and reading the manual and searched this site have not found what im looking for

so here goes have mercury  set up according to the manual to the best of my abilities  but cant get the email cliant to connect to server  both imap or pop 

i use mercuryc as my isp does block 25 out bound  i use mailjet relay and it works good if i email inside server so at this point have no choice but to ask what am i missing / doing wrong

<p>hi all need help have been fudging around with this thing for 2 weeks and reading the manual and searched this site have not found what im looking for</p><p>so here goes have mercury  set up according to the manual to the best of my abilities  but cant get the email cliant to connect to server  both imap or pop  </p><p>i use mercuryc as my isp does block 25 out bound  i use mailjet relay and it works good if i email inside server so at this point have no choice but to ask what am i missing / doing wrong</p>

Are connections from another device in your local network successful? If so check that your Internet router/firewall is configured to forward IMAP and POP3 traffic to the server.

If you can't connect locally either make sure the Windows firewall on the server isn't blocking incoming traffic for IMAP and POP3 ports. 

If it still doesn't work after checking that please post your mercury.ini file here!

<p>Are connections from another device in your local network successful? If so check that your Internet router/firewall is configured to forward IMAP and POP3 traffic to the server.</p><p>If you can't connect locally either make sure the Windows firewall on the server isn't blocking incoming traffic for IMAP and POP3 ports. </p><p>If it still doesn't work after checking that please post your mercury.ini file here!</p>

hi sorry about the late reply after playing with the setting (dumb a** me i forgot to open the port for the cliant to connect ya i never said i was smart it work great right now 

just a couple more little issues if you can assit me in it i have looked thru the forums and could not find anything on it  here goes

mercury core is looping messages for like a 45 min until it say message loop detected message discarded and the message i sent i did get like right away its that message loop i get cant figure out how to get it to stop

its on every message that is sent 

<p>hi sorry about the late reply after playing with the setting (dumb a** me i forgot to open the port for the cliant to connect ya i never said i was smart it work great right now </p><p>just a couple more little issues if you can assit me in it i have looked thru the forums and could not find anything on it  here goes</p><p>mercury core is looping messages for like a 45 min until it say message loop detected message discarded and the message i sent i did get like right away its that message loop i get cant figure out how to get it to stop</p><p>its on every message that is sent </p>

Good to hear that you are up and running!

Message loops can be due to problems with the local domain settings in Core configuration, forwarding settings or autoreplies for specific mailboxes, or filtering rules. Start by checking local domains (using the configuration dialog or by opening mercury.ini).

<p>Good to hear that you are up and running!</p><p>Message loops can be due to problems with the local domain settings in Core configuration, forwarding settings or autoreplies for specific mailboxes, or filtering rules. Start by checking local domains (using the configuration dialog or by opening mercury.ini).</p>

this is what i got im sorry just not a it guy i run my own business and trying just not into paying a company a crap load of money to do email hosting for me 
and thanks for your help 

# [Groups]
# testgroup            :     TESTGRP

[Domains]
localhost: localhost
localhost: localhost.net
localhost: localhost.org
localhost: localhost.com
localhost: dmhalltransport.com
@: dmhalltransport.com
<div>this is what i got im sorry just not a it guy i run my own business and trying just not into paying a company a crap load of money to do email hosting for me </div><div>and thanks for your help </div><div> </div><div> </div><div># [Groups]</div><div># testgroup            :     TESTGRP</div><div> </div><div>[Domains]</div><div>localhost: localhost</div><div>localhost: localhost.net</div><div>localhost: localhost.org</div><div>localhost: localhost.com</div><div>localhost: dmhalltransport.com</div><div>@: dmhalltransport.com</div>

Your domains need to be setup so that localhost: is the name that Mercury/32 identifies as. So, if Mercury identifies itself in its helo as operator you would have:

Local host or server   Internet name
operator                   operator
operator                   operator.com
operator                   mail.operator.com
operator                   [IP address]

plus any other domains your mail server deals with. So, if you also sent mail on behalf of functions.org you would include:

operator                   functions
operator                   functions.org
operator                   mail.functions.org

Note that the literal address [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] is only required for the domain name that Mercury uses to identify itself. Also, it really is enclosed in square brackets.

<p>Your domains need to be setup so that localhost: is the name that Mercury/32 identifies as. So, if Mercury identifies itself in its helo as operator you would have:</p><p>Local host or server   Internet name operator                   operator operator                   operator.com operator                   mail.operator.com operator                   [IP address]</p><p>plus any other domains your mail server deals with. So, if you also sent mail on behalf of functions.org you would include:</p><p>operator                   functions operator                   functions.org operator                   mail.functions.org Note that the literal address [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] is only required for the domain name that Mercury uses to identify itself. Also, it really is enclosed in square brackets. </p>

not trying to be ignorant but your going to have to beak it down to me not that tech savvy and what you just said makes no sense to me im sorry

not trying to be ignorant but your going to have to beak it down to me not that tech savvy and what you just said makes no sense to me im sorry

Bring up Mercury. Click Configuration > Mercury Core Module and select the Local Domains tab.

Bring up Mercury. Click Configuration > Mercury Core Module and select the Local Domains tab.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft